Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Circle G Ranch development approved
Elvis-TheKingsCourt > Elvis-TheKingsCourt > Latest Elvis News
Steve
Circle G Ranch development approved:

Bill Burk advises that news broke tonight (Wed PM USA time) that the zoning board in Mississippi has approved a zoning change that will allow a multi-multi-million dollar resort and rich homes to be built on the Circle G Ranch. Bill says: "TV news even showed miraculous artist drawings of what it will look like once finished in five years after start of development. AGAIN, DON'T GO SELLING your Savings Bonds to invest in this project !!! Let it prove itself first. This is the same promoter who has been behind one, maybe two other proposed developments of the Circle G. None of them came to pass, despite his having hired Donna Early Presley as his public spokesperson!!"

"Report came to me about a month ago that the children of Mrs. McLemore (who has owned the Circle G for years) are advising her to SELL it; to take the money and run. But as she reported to a friend of EW, "Why should I sell it when people keep giving forfeiting their $500,000 earnest money." She said she had hauled in $2 million in earnest money (or so it was reported to EW) gone astray ... and she still owns the Circle G. The project, as announced tonight, would include 2 championship golf courses on the 160 acres and homes selling for upwards of $500,000. Now I ask you ... how many Elvis fans are going to be able to buy a $500,000 home -- not that all sales will come from Elvis fans. Hell, I've only had 3 nibbles on the house/land I inherited just 10 minutes' walk from Graceland and I've offered it for far, far less than $500,000 !!!"

Source: Bill E. Burk
JustPretend
Do you think that quoting Bill Burks news is relevant...

How often do you hear that his 'news' is not true...
truthteller
I'm only just new to this site, so my correct facts are only just available to post on here.

I know that Bill Burk is now deceased, but he really should have followed the journalistic code more closely. Such as: to check information himself, rather than to rely on "a friend of EW" for so-called news.

For the record: Mrs. Colleen McLemore, who owned Elvis' Circle G Ranch can hardly have received $2 million in ernest money when those property deals went wrong, as reported by Bill Burk on 16th Junes 2005. Mrs. Colleen McLemore died on 11th August 2003. Two years earlier.

Nor can she have told Bill's friend about such transactions.

The four or five McLemore brothers inherited the Ranch after the death of their mother, which was after the earlier death of their father. They had been receiving monthly sums from the various property speculators between 2002 and 2006 , but when those people missed payments, then the deals were off and finished.

Dennis McLemore, one of the brothers, was quoted in the local newspaper as stating these transactions details. As were the County Records Office.

The details of Mrs. Colleen McLemore's death were mentioned in the "Desoto Times Tribune" newspaper of 16th August 2007.

It pays to always check facts before posting please. It saves a lot of mistakes. And sometimes, grief.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.