Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sad Note In Musical History...off topic
Elvis-TheKingsCourt > Everything Else > Off Topic
Freis968
Being a drummer I am obviously inspired by the greats. When asked who I am inspired by the most my list goes like this...

NEIL PEART
JOHN BONHAM
VINNY APPICE

Well, this goes to show you, that drinking this amount of alcohol will do you in before your time should be up....look at how young he was...what a loss.

From Musiciansfriend.com

1980, 33-year-old Led Zeppelin powerhouse drummer John Bonham is found dead in Jimmy Page's house after a night out during which he is reported to have drunk 40 shots of vodka ... his death marks the end of the seventies' biggest band...
C.C.Rider
He was an exceptional talent. Along with Neil Peart and funnily enough Ronnie Tutt, he makes up my top 3 of drummers.
KEV
KEITH MOON (the loon) myself.

[img]style_emoticons/default/00000407.gif[/img]
NightRider
Do appreciate Bonham. As i do Led Zeppelin, though they were an aquired taste IMO.

Neil Peart of Rush is probably one of the most under-rated musicians around. As well as his partners in Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee. They are now talked about as "legends" in rock music. But, for many years were not even mentioned in such things. All three would be in my top 5 of their relevant categories. [img]style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif[/img]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.