Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Elvis At The Movies
Elvis-TheKingsCourt > Elvis-TheKingsCourt > Elvis-tkc.com
NightRider
Lets see which movies top these polls. The top from each section will then be voted for, to find the Kings Court Favourite Movie [img]style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif[/img]
Bazza
Great idea, Chris......Looks like so far anyway, Girl Happy has taken the lead in 1960 - 1965 category, a 3-way tie in the 1966 - 1969 category (Spinout, Live A Little, Change of Habit) and another 3-way tie in the 50's category (Loving You, Jailhouse Rock, King Creole).......Will be very interested to see the final results!

[img]style_emoticons/default/king.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/king.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/king.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/king.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/king.gif[/img]

GO GIRL HAPPY, GO!!!!! [img]style_emoticons/default/wink.gif[/img]
Brad
Out of the movies that i have seen so far( which is not that many) I voted for Jailhouse Rock, Spinout, and It Happened At The World's Fair. Awesome poll Chris!
GuitarMan66
great poll Chris [img]style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img] my votes were Wild In the Country, Change Of Habit and King Creole. [img]style_emoticons/default/king.gif[/img]
hexia
Oh, I guess I'm not that original then, Pacer. [img]style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img] My votes went to the exact same three movies.
kissmequick
Mine were Kid Galahad, Change Of Habit and Love Me Tender.... [img]style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif[/img]
But what Happened to Charro? [img]style_emoticons/default/sad.gif[/img]
NightRider
QUOTE (kissmequick @ Jun 29 2006, 09:15 PM) *
Mine were Kid Galahad, Change Of Habit and Love Me Tender.... [img]style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif[/img]
But what Happened to Charro? [img]style_emoticons/default/sad.gif[/img]

Charro is there [img]style_emoticons/default/bb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]
GuitarMan66
QUOTE (hexia @ Jun 29 2006, 08:15 PM) *
Oh, I guess I'm not that original then, Pacer. [img]style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img] My votes went to the exact same three movies.

Great minds think alike [img]style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img] as the saying goes.
C.C.Rider
G.I Blues, Spinout and King Creole were my choices. Cool rockin' soundtrack to Spinout that has long been a favourite. G.I Blues was probably the first movie i watched, and King Creole is his best bar none IMO [img]style_emoticons/default/dance.gif[/img]
hounddogman
"Flaming Star", "Change Of Habit" and "King Creole" are my choices.
The Batman
It is alway hard when asked to pick a favourite as they are all kinda brilliant in their own way and not all for the same reasons, the straighter films like flaming star, charro, change of habit and such showed that Elvis could act in his own way and the silly one spinout, speedway for instance showed a fun side
Brad
I can't believe that no one has voted for Follow That Dream. I would have but didn't see it [img]style_emoticons/default/blush.gif[/img] . To me, this is one of his best! Like Neil said, they are Brilliant in their own way though [img]style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif[/img]
pacer1965
Sorry Chris but I'm having trouble with this vote.So I haven't
voted yet.I'm going to have to think about it [img]style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif[/img]
Out of the 50's films I like Jailhouse Rock the best.

TCE
Lorraine
JohanD
50's:Jailhouse rock.-He looked so cool in it,great acting,awesome songs,great dialogues.

Harum Scarum:Don't know why i choose this,it was a toss up with this and Acapulco.
I think he's acting is so much better then in GI Blues for example(it's not THAT great tough [img]style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img] ),but i really digg the soundtrack of Harum Scarum,it's so different.

Double trouble:Being from Belgium,it's funny to see him in a fake Belgium.
Like the story and the songs too,he's so funny in it.

With the exeption of Paradise Hawaiian style(wich i really don't care for [img]style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif[/img] )all his 60's vehicles are good lighthearted enterainment,and that's fine be me. [img]style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif[/img]
NightRider
Clear favourites in two sections....60-65 is still very tight.... [img]style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif[/img]
spanish eyes
Great Poll Chris

I voted for Jailhouse Rock (my absolute fav), Roustabout and Change of Habit. I love the character of Vince Everett. I think Change of Habit was the only movie that Elvis didn't get the girl and Roustabout is a fun movie.
littlel
In the 1960 - 65 category, I chose "Wild in the Country." I chose "The Trouble with Girls" from the 1966 - 69 category, not because it's my favorite, but because it's the only movie from that time period I've actually seen! For the '50s, I chose "Loving You."
Suspicious Minds
I voted for 50's King Creole
60-65 Viva Las Vegas
66-69 Change of Habit

[img]style_emoticons/default/taz.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/rockon.gif[/img]
One Night
Boy this was a toughy [img]style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif[/img]

my choices were:

GIRL HAPPY
CHANGE OF HABIT
JAILHOUSE ROCK

although the last one was very hard for me to choose .........

I havent seen all of Elvis' films ....but all i have seen so far are cool [img]style_emoticons/default/cool2.gif[/img]

[img]style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif[/img]
pacer1965
I've just put my votes in.It was a very hard decision.

Tickle Me
Frankie And Johnny
Jailhouse Rock

TCE
Lorraine
LittleDarlin
just voted for my films and they are

G.I. Blues cos Elvis looked great in a uniform
Change of habit cos I liked the soundtrack
Jailhouse rock cos it was the first Elvis film I saw [img]style_emoticons/default/king.gif[/img]
Lior
Theres are more than 3 favorite Elvis' films for me, but i choosen:
'50: JAILHOUSE ROCK
'60 : GIRL HAPPY [img]style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]
And : LIVE A LITTLE, LOVE A LITTLE
LIOR
p.s.
I like also : FUN IN ACAPULCO, KID GALAHAD, CLAMBAKE, TICKLE ME, SPINOUT , KING CREOLE & WILD IN THE COUNTRY
tce
I like almost all movies so it was hard to make a choice, but I think that Charro is a way underestimated movie.

Christel (TCE)
NightRider
As expected...very close indeed. Shows that people do have different favourites....and thats great. With the exception of Change Of Habit...which seems a very popular choice. Not at all suprising to me, as its a cool movie...but ask a film critic [img]style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif[/img]
matteo
Blue hawaii
Live A Little Love A Little
and number one...King Creole!! [img]style_emoticons/default/king.gif[/img]
walterhale
Well, I havent seen few Elvis' movies, but my answers are:
Flaming Star, The Trouble with Girls and King Creole.
Eve
King Creole
Change of Habit
It's happened at the Worlds Fair
andy_m
King Creole
Fun in Acapulco
Speedway
Newflame
Kid Galahad (in my opinion the best Elvis Movie in the 60s)
Charro
King Creole
hcvegas
King Creole (best performance)
Tickle me (great soundtrack, a fun silly movie)
Change of Habit (Elvis looks his best and it's nice to see him in a somewhat real environment)
First In Line
Favorite dramatic role would be King Creole

Favorite comedy would obviously be Follow That Dream
hcvegas
I agree totally Matt...although I would have to throw in Tickle Me" so dumb it's funny and also one of the best soundtracks
memphis 77
i have to admit that after 36 odd years of being a fan that i am yet to fullly watch many of E.P.'s movies , as i only watched 3 jailhouse, king creole, and love me tender, and of course the doc's , but i am yet to actually sit down and watch the rest from start to finnish, it sure is hard for me to think of ELVIS as an actor especially considering that most say his movies were pretty dismal, are there any that you all would recommend from the lot , that are worth a second look?
Gordon
Many mention Flaming Star, which i didn't particularly enjoy.

i must admit i like the easygoing Girl Happy and Live A Little Love A Little abit more than the other 60's movies.

I think GI and Blue Hawaii are 2 others you should find the time to watch.

I still need to watch a couple myself including Charro, Tickle Me and Stay Away Joe.
First In Line
I liked IHATWF and just recently watched Harum Scarum which had some action in it. I would recommend both of those!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.