Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What 4 CD Box Is The best?
Elvis-TheKingsCourt > Elvis-TheKingsCourt > Elvis-tkc.com
Steve
Let's here it from you guy's.

What Cd box do you think is the best till now?

And why???

[img]style_emoticons/default/king.gif[/img]
Bama
[img]style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif[/img] My choice is Platinum [img]style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif[/img] Even though I lostthe last CD my favorite It has a great variety and the outtakes are great [img]style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif[/img])

Jon
Bazza
The "Close Up" box get's my vote.... [img]style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif[/img]

Great cross section of songs, presented in great sound. Listen to the alternate take of "Steppin' Out Of Line" from this set......Better than the Master Take!!!

[img]style_emoticons/default/king.gif[/img]
The Batman
Today, Tomorrow & Forever got my vote although I think they are all pretty fantastic boxsets, I play this one more than I do the others so it has to be my favourite , great choice in songs IMO
NightRider
Really hard to pick as they all have their highlights. But, opted for platinum in the end.....simply because that was the first one that blew me away....so many cool un-released stuff on that when it came out....the others are all awesome too though..........
Brad
"Close Up" got my vote [img]style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif[/img] . But if this list included the the 1960's boxset it would have gotten my vote [img]style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]
J
I only have Live In Las Vegas boxset, so I guess I have to say that one then. [img]style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]
It has some great material all the way from the very first Las Vegas gig in 1956 to 1975.
Highly recommended.

Big Boss Man
For me it's a tie between Close Up and Today, Tomorrow, and Forever. The TT&F set has a few more arare tracks that i enjoy, but closeup has that killer concert from April 72...can't go wrong with either of these [img]style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]
Ian
T,T & F for me. Great selection of rare tracks. I also liked Platinum, but didn't like the way they mixed up the masters with alternate takes. [img]style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]
elvisfan57
live in las vegas for me. the only dissapointment is that there's nothing new for jan/feb 1970 and 72. otherwise a great release. [img]style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif[/img]
MoodyBlue
it has to be live in las vegas [img]style_emoticons/default/dance.gif[/img]
i probably play it more often [img]style_emoticons/default/king.gif[/img]
snowbird
They're all great, but if i had to pick one, i'd pick LIVE IN LAS VEGAS.
First In Line
Today, Tomorrow And Forever has got my vote. It has a little bit of everything on those 4 discs [img]style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]
king4eva
i luv live in las vegas i cant get enough of the 2nd cd....i juss ordered the 'TTWIS' special edition 3 cd box set , Elvis is on fire in 1970 i luv it
Tigerman
Good choice Daniel, i love that set aswell. Welcome to the forum btw. [img]style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif[/img]

On the poll i would choose Today,tomorrow and forever, it has something from everything, the second best box to be made, beaten only by the silver box.
dennyelvis
L.I.L.V got my vote ... Elvis is on fire ... although as a 4 cd set i really like Profile vol.2 [img]style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif[/img]
LittleDarlin
[quote name='Daniel' date='May 25 2006, 12:28 PM' post='41708']
i luv live in las vegas i cant get enough of the 2nd cd....i juss ordered the 'TTWIS' special edition 3 cd box set , Elvis is on fire in 1970 i luv it
[/quote

ttwis 3 dics special edition never heard of this one where did you buy please tell i have to have it [img]style_emoticons/default/cool2.gif[/img]
robert81
Live In Las Vegas got my vote, simply becouse it's the only set i got, or heard... [img]style_emoticons/default/drink.gif[/img]
Every volume's got something special, I just love it! [img]style_emoticons/default/woohoo.gif[/img]
hounddogman
I was just about to say "A Golden Celebration", because I was so thrilled about having all the TV shows in one place when the LP version came out in '84. But I voted for "Platinum", because that's actually the set that I find myself playing the most. There's a little bit of everything and I find that it covers Elvis' career very well. They set out to make an alternate anthology and I believe they did it very well.
[img]style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif[/img]
Brad
looks like the Live In Las Vegas boxset has the lead right now..i don;t find that surprising at all..this boxset has great live material some of Elvis' best performances, hoe could someone not want it:D....
LittleDarlin
is this the same set as a profile of the king on stage?? [img]style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]
NightRider
ttwis 3 dics special edition never heard of this one where did you buy please tell i have to have it

Carol, if you don't have the TTWII 3cd special edition its essential [img]style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif[/img]

Thats the way it is SE info
LittleDarlin
thanks for that chris i thought it was the dvd version must say i am tempted to buy it though [img]style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif[/img]
king4eva
yea u should buy it iit's essential....the 2nd is da bomb i luuuv it n da 3rd cd is mad as well .....i give it 11 out of 10 dats how good it is
LittleDarlin
had chance to listen to cd3 of this set tonight the impossible dream on this disc is the best i have heard elvis sing it [img]style_emoticons/default/rockon.gif[/img]
elvisgyrl
I just got the Today Tomorrow and 4ever and really love it.... [img]style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]

Heck, I love everything that Elvis sang... [img]style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif[/img]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.