Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1999 Re-Issue CDs
Elvis-TheKingsCourt > All Elvis > All Elvis
Bazza
Any thoughts on the 1999 Re-Issue series of CDs RCA/BMG issued? I have a few, including several soundtracks, Elvis, Elvis Presley, the Gold Records series(1 - 5), Elvis Is Back, Something for Everybody, From Elvis In Memphis, Elvis Country and On Stage.

Overall, I've been pretty pleased with the sound, and the "Bonus Songs" have been well chosen, I think. The only disappointment was the On Stage re-issue, which to me sounded a bit muddy compared to the original LP and CD issue. I remedied that with the Japanese Paper Sleeve edition....Only drawback is that it doesn't have the Bonus Songs featured on the re-issue.

I recently bid on the Pot Luck and Promised Land re-issues. Any thoughts on the overall sound and package from those of you who already have these?

Promised Land has always been one of my favorite 70s albums and am anxious to hear what the 1999 remastered cd sounds like. Don't know why I didn't pick this up when it was first issued, except that I already had the 1st CD edition in my collection.

Apart from Pot Luck and Promised Land, I know Moody Blue was re-issued in 1999, anything else from this 1999 re-issue series that I may be missing and should definitely seek out?

Cheers!

[img]style_emoticons/default/king.gif[/img]
Bama
Hmmm I have some of these releases as well. I have Elvis Country, On Stage, Moody Blue and Burning Love was also reissued. I don't think you mentioned that one Barry. Anyway I hink they are all pretty good releases. [img]style_emoticons/default/00000407.gif[/img]

Bama [img]style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif[/img]
KEV
I think??? its a safe bet that all the 99 issues will come out in the CLASSIC FTDS.

ON STAGE and MOODY BLUE need an over haul on the sound for me.

Something to look forward to [img]style_emoticons/default/cool2.gif[/img]

[img]style_emoticons/default/00000407.gif[/img]
NightRider
They were all done with improved sound over the original issue's....but the two that stand out the most are Promised Land and Moody Blue...they are much better than the originals...so those are a must [img]style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif[/img]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.