Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MP3 FILES,ADVICE PLEASE.
Elvis-TheKingsCourt > All Elvis > All Elvis
kenotess
[img]style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img] HI EVERYONE,PLEASE CAN YOU GIVE ME A LITTLE ADVICE..
WHY DO SOME OF US HATE MP3 FILES AND OTHERS LIKE THEM ,LIKE ME [img]style_emoticons/default/up.gif[/img] !!
I HEAR FROM MANY TRADERS THEY DO NOT WANT MP3 FILES..FOR MYSELF,I HAVE LOADS OF MP3 SOURCE CONCERTS,OUT-TAKES ETC,AND THE SOUND IS FANTASTIC,EVEN WHEN I BURN THEM TO SINGLE CDR..IT JUST PUZZLES ME SO MUCH..I AM NO PC EXPERT BY FAR,BUT AS I SAY,THE SOUND ON SOME OF MY MP3 FILES IS JUST AS GOOD THE PRESSED CD IN MANY CASES... [img]style_emoticons/default/thanks.gif[/img] IN ADVANCE FOR ANY ADVICE ANYONE CAN OFFER..AND [img]style_emoticons/default/up.gif[/img] FOR MP3 FILES IN MY VIEW..
CHEERS [img]style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif[/img] !!
NightRider
Personally i have nothing against Mp3's. But i must say that i always prefer to have the original cd if i can. I may then convert the album to MP3 for computer/ MP3 player use.

Generally, if i don't have certain songs/concerts...i would be more than happy to have them only on MP3. So its not a hate for me...but a preference if i had the choice [img]style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]
Meme
Some audio file info my help
WAV:
PCM 22.05 kHz 8-bit stereo
PCM 22.05 kHz 16-bit stereo
PCM 44.1 kHz 8-bit stereo
PCM 44.1 kHz 16-bit stereo (CD Quality)

WMA:
16 kHz sampling rate, 16Kbps
22 kHz sampling rate, 20Kbps
22 kHz sampling rate, 32Kbps
44 kHz sampling rate, 64Kbps (Near CD Quality)
44 kHz sampling rate, 96Kbps (CD Quality)
44 kHz sampling rate, 128Kbps (CD Quality) ( this is the best quality for the smallest file size, in my opinion )

MP3:
44.1 kHz sampling rate, 56Kbps
44.1 kHz sampling rate, 64Kbps (FM Radio Quality)
44.1 kHz sampling rate, 80Kbps
44.1 kHz sampling rate, 96Kbps
44.1 kHz sampling rate, 112Kbps
44.1 kHz sampling rate, 128Kbps (Near CD Quality)
44.1 kHz sampling rate, 160Kbps (Good CD Quality)
44.1 kHz sampling rate, 192Kbps (Better than CD Quality) ( I recommend )
44.1 kHz sampling rate, 224Kbps
44.1 kHz sampling rate, 256Kbps (Studio Quality)

The above info details the file type and gives you some idea of the sound quality, it is missing the other factor, the size of the file. In all types the better the quality the bigger the size. I think this is why MP3's are no longer perfered by some people, for the same quality MP3's are a larger file than WMA and some others, newer MP3 Pro files are however much smaller.
kenotess
[img]style_emoticons/default/thanks.gif[/img] Many thanks for your help and advice,i especially appreciate the mp3 chart,it seems most of mine fall in the cd quality,so thats thanks to many friends i trade with..There are so many many imports,to buy all as new would cost a fortune i just dont have,like most of us here i reckon. A 1000 at 14.00 a cd average asking price is 14,000!!!!,so for many of us,its mp3 or nothing..
Thanks once again for your advice,its been a greattttt help [img]style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/thanks.gif[/img] !!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.