stefan

Top Acts in Vegas, Volume 4

Genre: live recording
Format: audience recording
Sound:
Tracks: 15
Playing Time:

Recorded live: Las Vegas, NE, September 2nd 1973 Dinner Show

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01 C.C. Rider
02 I Got A Woman / Amen
03 Love Me
04 Steamroller Blues
05 You Gave Me A Mountain
06 Trouble
07 Rock Medley
08 Love Me Tender
09 Fever
10 Suspicious Minds
11 My Boy
12 I Can't Stop Loving You
13 Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel
14 The First Time Ever I Saw You Face
15 Can't Help Falling In Love

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes:

Show is misdated as being the September 3rd 1973 DS. In reality this is the September 2nd 1973 DS with "Bridge Over Troubled Water / An American Trilogy and How Great Thou Art (with reprise) eliminated.
colonel snow
additional info:
the catalogue number is Stage Entertainment EP 5013
the concert is wrong dated and is in fact: 2 sept. 1973 dinner.
the source for the CD was the 2nd LP from " From Vegas to Niagara falls" : (first release in 1974 and re-pressed around 1979) (also the wrong date mentioned)

the short running time can be explained because Bridge over troubled water - An American Trilogy - How great thou art with reprise (songs about 4 minutes each) are eliminated.
later on the complete audience recording surfaced and the misleading date could be explained.

the 3 sept. 1973 dinner show has a different tracklisting after >>>>>>>>>>>>
Fever - Bridge over troubled water - Suspicious minds - Introductions - few lines Farther along - Release me -An American Trilogy - Mystery train/Tiger man - start Jailhouse rock - Teddy bear/Don't be cruel - It's now or never - How great thou art - The first time I ever saw your face - Polk salad Annie - Can't help falling in love

the songs from FTD Closing night are right dated but not to be found on this CD.

colonel snow
stefan
I just looked up the tracklisting for the September 3rd dinner show (after seeing your post) and it says after "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face " --> Introductions / My Boy / I Cant Stop Loving You / Can't Help Falling In Love. (no Polk Salad Annie on that cover, a one liner perhaps ?)

I will change the info later !
colonel snow
hello stefan

the site I mentioned is not always accurate but it helps sometimes.

colonel snow
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.