Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jungle Room Sessions 76 photos
Elvis-TheKingsCourt > All Elvis > All Elvis
stonsik
Has anyone of you have pictures from the Jungle Room Sessions?
GuitarMan66
None have ever surfaced so far as I know..apart from a couple showing the RCA equipment trucks parked up next to the Jungle Room
JohanD
I believe there are two pics of Elvis not during the actual sessions but at the time of recording..
One is with people outside Graceland, the other is a picture in the basement Tv room...
Elvis is in denim clothing in both... if only i could find them.... undecided.gif
JohanD
Here's one i found so far... still on the look for the outside pic ....
charlierogers
QUOTE (JohanD @ Apr 13 2012, 03:05 PM) *
Here's one i found so far... still on the look for the outside pic ....

thanks.gif thank you for the pic - never saw it before biggrin.gif
JohanD
My pleasure Donna, it's one of those rare pics of Elvis inside Graceland in the 70's...
Joern
I corrected the colors a little and cleaned it.
Tony Trout
The funny thing is that he doesn't look very bad at all in these pictures from February of 1976. Of course, I've read in "Elvis Aaron Presley: Revelations From The Memphis Mafia" that he didn't get really, really heavy until that Summer.

unsure.gif unsure.gif piano.gif
JohanD
Yes Tony, he doesn't look or sounded bad at all... and i have to agree with you, it was not until the summer his health began to slide....
Antje
Thanks for sharing
Memphis-Man
July and August of 1976 are considered to be problematic for Elvis. His health was becoming an issue, his ability to concentrate, and even his voice appeared weak at times. STILL, with that being said, he still gave some relatively good shows. I saw him at two shows in June of 1976 and the shows were very good. He was very funny on stage, songs sung well, and he seemed to be enjoying himself.

M-M
rickeap
He looks OK in this photo, but very serious. He doesn't look so good in a photo taken outside at the same time with some police officers.
Too bad they didn't do `official' photos at the time for the album cover. It would jhave made a nice change from the sweaty live shots.
Kenny
You can find the other picture at this link : http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-cen...675mrhappy.html
mezaid
Never seen the last pick before

Thanks for the link Kenny thumbup.gif
JohanD
QUOTE (Kenny @ Apr 19 2012, 12:59 PM) *
You can find the other picture at this link : http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-cen...675mrhappy.html

That's the one i was looking for Kenny, thanks for directing!! notworthy.gif

About those summer '76 shows... he was breathing warm and cold that time.
For example the Hampton roads concerts where not that outstanding(spoken very kind), while the both shows in Largo are performed VERY well.
But you have to admire the man somewhere still... he tried and gave his best, even in lesser health.
JTHA80
Thanks for that link!

Man, Elvis looks funny in the picture with the police officers.

But I was flicking through "Elvis: What Happened?" today and on page 240 it states that the album was supposed to be called "Elvis at Home" (or that's at least the way I read it) but I assume that is the "From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee" album - I wonder if any more Elvis' albums had working titles ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.