Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trouble In Vegas
Elvis-TheKingsCourt > Elvis - The Music > The Import Emporium > T
JohanD
01. Also Sprach Zarathustra - 02. C. C. Rider - 03. I Got A Woman (with false start and break) - 04. Love Me - 05. Fairytale - 06. You Gave Me A Mountain - 07. Jailhouse Rock - 08. O Sole Mio (by Sherrill Nielsen)/It's Now Or Never (medley) - 09. My Way (with 3 false starts) - 10. Blue Christmas (Elvis on acoustic guitar, with false start) - 11. That's All Right, Mama (Elvis on acoustic guitar, with false start) - 12. Are You Lonesome Tonight (Elvis on acoustic guitar) - 13. Softly As I Leave You (with Sherrill Nielsen) - 14. Hound Dog - 15. Help Me - 16. America The Beautiful (last live version) - 17. Band Introductions - 18. Early Mornin' Rain - 19. What'd I Say - 20. Drum Solo (by Ronnie Tutt) - 21. Bass Solo (Blues - by Jerry Scheff) - 22. Piano Solo (by Tony Brown) - 23. Electric Piano Solo (by David Briggs) - 24. Love Letters - 25. School Day - 26. Hurt - 27. Hawaiian Wedding Song - 28. Can't Help Falling In Love - 29. Closing Vamp.

Revisiting older imports, i found out this one is not listed on here.
It may not be the best looking cd (at the time Memory was VERY basic), the show itself may not be the best ever by Elvis(many false starts for example and he sound pretty tired), still, it's a cd that is very welcome.

The show has turned up several times before in the cdr circuit, but for this pressed one the label gives us a high quality audience source.
Elvis can be heard very clearly, the sound is very good, there is almost no typical "Vegas-echo".
I liked the versions of "America, the beautiful"(the last ever version) and "Hawaiian wedding song" very much.
The absolute highlight is "Help me", sung with pure emotion.
A fine sounding show, a very decent performance. thumbup.gif

charlierogers
Thanks for the details - sure would like one biggrin.gif
JohanD
My pleasure Donna!! thumbup.gif
colonel snow
here is a clip with the full album version.

colonel snow

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.