Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A change of mind
Elvis-TheKingsCourt > Elvis - The Music > The Import Emporium > A
JohanD
01. Opening Vamp / C. C. Rider - 02. I Got A Woman / Amen - 03. Love Me - 04. Steamroller Blues - 05. You Gave Me A Mountain / Guadalajara (partial) - 06. Trouble - 07. Long Tall Sally / Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On / Mama Don't Dance / Flip Flop & Fly / Hound Dog - 08. Love Me Tender - 09. Fever - 10. Bridge Over Troubled Water - 11. Suspicious Minds - 12. Introductions by Elvis of Singers, Musicians - 13. Farther Along (partial) / Release Me - 14. An American Trilogy - 15. Mystery Train / Tiger Man - 16. Jailhouse Rock (partial) - 17. (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel - 18. It's Now Or Never - 19. How Great Thou Art - 20. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face / Miracle Of The Rosary (partial) - 21. Polk Salad Annie - 22. Can't Help Falling In Love - 23. Closing Vamp / Announcements.

Bonus (September 3, 1973 Closing Show):
24. C. C. Rider - 25. Love Me - 26. Steamroller Blues - 27. You Gave Me A Mountain - 28. Trouble
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new excellent audience recording by a great label:Straight arrow!!
There is some of the famous "Vegas-echo" during the talking,but mostly it's a good clean sound.
Elvis is during this show in great form, a show full of rare one-liners and rare songs for the year 1973.
As always this label produced a fine booklet with nice pics and info.
The fact that this show is NEW on pressed cd is very welcome these days where re-issues is the norm.

Get it,it's good,real good!! notworthy.gif
NightRider
Thanks for the info Johan. I have yet to get this one....does seem like i should undecided.gif
charlierogers
QUOTE (JohanD @ Jul 10 2009, 02:17 PM) *
A new excellent audience recording by a great label:Straight arrow!!
There is some of the famous "Vegas-echo" during the talking,but mostly it's a good clean sound.
Elvis is during this show in great form, a show full of rare one-liners and rare songs for the year 1973.
As always this label produced a fine booklet with nice pics and info.
The fact that this show is NEW on pressed cd is very welcome these days where re-issues is the norm.

Get it,it's good,real good!! notworthy.gif

Listening to the track now - sounds GREAT. Thanks notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
JohanD
Your welcome Donna!! thumbup.gif

And Chris,i would not call this cd or show "essential",there is much better stuff waiting for a possible release,but the fact that it is "new" on a shiny disc, a decent sound and a fine playfull Elvis makes it very cool to have!!
So..yes buddy, you can add it to your wishlist without reservations! cheers.gif
stefan
I wasn't too impressed when I heard the first few songs of this concert in soundboard quality on FTD's 'Closing Night', but as a 'live' fan I will definately get this one sooner or later, if only for 'It's Now Or Never' and 'Polk Salad Annie'.
colonel snow
It's a pity that Polk salad Annie & Can't help falling in love came from another source in less sound quality; probably the C 60 tape was full and to make the concert complete they have to use another source.

colonel snow
cas
it is great cd, i was really looking forward to this manly because of he did polk salad annie to bad that that number is so bad on this cd
colonel snow
here is a clip with the full album version.

colonel snow

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.