Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Elvis HALLOWEEN ~ "Masked Ball" with Picture.
Elvis-TheKingsCourt > All Elvis > All Elvis
REX
This picture shows Elvis with "Jeanne Carmen"
I'm not familiar with this lady or her connection to Elvis..
Other pictures from this Masked Ball show Elvis with
other Guests I don't have any info on also...

Click to view attachment

Does anyone have the story of this Event ???
ben
they were from a Halloween part in 1957 at Sy Devore's Party and the lady was an actress who was at the party.
REX
QUOTE (ben @ Mar 2 2009, 11:50 AM) *
they were from a Halloween part in 1957 at Sy Devore's Party and the lady was an actress who was at the party.

thanks Ben,
do you have any other photos from this Event?? also which city was it in please?? REX
ben
QUOTE (REX @ Mar 2 2009, 01:52 PM) *
thanks Ben,
do you have any other photos from this Event?? also which city was it in please?? REX

It was in Hollywood, was he filming Jailhouse Rock or King Creole around that time??

I have a few more pictures, hope I can attach them but don't really know how on this site. Here goes..

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

And then there is a couple on Paul's site, only one of Elvis though.
Halloween 1957
tcbndixie
Here is a link with a video that I found interesting with Jeanne Laverne Carmen speaking herself. She has since passed away...I think in '07 . The first photo of she and Elvis in this topic shows Elvis holding a beer...as far as I can remember it's the only photo of Elvis shown with a beer. I could be wrong about this...

I hope it opens...if not just google her name.

Jeanne Carmen - MahaloDec 26, 2007 ... Full Name: Jeanne Laverne Carmen; Born: August 4, 1930; Died: December 20, 2007; Origin: Paragould, Arkansas; Was a twin ...
www.mahalo.com/Jeanne_Carmen - 29k - Cached - Similar
ben
QUOTE (tcbndixie @ Mar 2 2009, 03:54 PM) *
[size=3][i][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#800080]Here is a link with a video that I found interesting with Jeanne Laverne Carmen speaking herself. She has since passed away...I think in '07 . The first photo of she and Elvis in this topic shows Elvis holding a beer...as far as I can remember it's the only photo of Elvis shown with a beer. I could be wrong about this...

I believe that the drink in Elvis' hand is Root Beer and not alcohol.
REX
QUOTE (ben @ Mar 2 2009, 02:49 PM) *

Gosh I love ROOT BEER, they did do a Draft version in a bottle in the States once,
when I tried it it had wood chips or something in it "Horrible"
In England you can buy it in Cans in Asda, but they don't do a Diet Version with Max taste
like in the States its usually only 2% which is like a very light Lemonade and Beer.

Thanks for the Link, TCBNDixie, will check it out,
still haven't found anything about this masked ball in any of the other reference books,
did notice some blank info dates after J.Rock, as possible times for this party,
they could have got the Masks from the Prop Dept. at the film companies !!!???

30th October, RCA released the JAILHOUSE ROCK EP, did they hold a release Party for Elvis ?
If its Halloween (31st October 1957) this is 2 days after Pan Pacific show in LA a 28th+ Tuesday 29th Oct:
~ which the LA police filmed.
Elvis did hold a Party in his Hotel Suite after this show!!! (Ricky Nelson meets Elvis at this Party)

Maybe at the weekend or the thursday for Halloween ~ they had a preview party for Jailhouse Rock at MGM ???
( the party after the screening ) but haven't found this listed anyplace....
On 5th November ( a week later ) Elvis sailed to Hawaii
Jailhouse Rock was released Coast to Coast on the 8th November.

The Jumper with that heavy Rib effect I have seen from other times ~
close to Jailhouse Rock time, but also similar just after Elvis' return from Germany.

Ben the 2nd picture you uploaded, had another Lady Starlet, any name for her??

I have this picture bigger with more party shown, and in really good quality.

Click to view attachment
tcbndixie
QUOTE (ben @ Mar 2 2009, 08:49 AM) *

I know I read somewhere that it was beer...but it is possible that it was Root Beer...another mystery in the life of EP...
jeanelvisgirl
I love those masks...always thought I would have recognised Zorro - and Batman......and Elvis haha! Especially in his jumper!
rolleyes.gif
tcbndixie
Here are two interesting YouTube links and the link to her wedsite...I assume her website is still up... hope they open for you.

I know this was a ball held around the time of Elvis being filmed and getting warned about keeping his act clean or else...no wiggling...he later joked about it during the '68 Special that he could only wiggle his little finger during his early career.

Also, I believe this was the time -while being filmed- that he expressed his disgust of the entire situation by saying a little more than 'thank you very much' at the end of his performance. I'll have to try and remember who/when I heard this!

Elvis Presley: Jeanne Carmen in The Many Loves of Elvis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24vvcxaxrR8...feature=relatedYouTube: Jeanne Carmen talks about drive-in date with Elvis

Visit the Jeanne Carmen website
jeanelvisgirl
Marshie - June Juanico mention in her book that at the end of the show in Jacksonville Florida Elvis said "**** you very much"...she heard him from the side of the stage - but no one in the audience would have heard him.....
REX
QUOTE (jeanelvisgirl @ Mar 2 2009, 08:19 PM) *
I love those masks...always thought I would have recognised Zorro - and Batman......and Elvis haha! Especially in his jumper! rolleyes.gif

Yes I want more Masks from this also, found one more small picture, not a lot different to others ...........still.......
Click to view attachment
tcbndixie
Found another one filed in the wrong folder!
REX
QUOTE (tcbndixie @ Mar 6 2009, 01:54 PM) *
Found another one filed in the wrong folder!

Great will be able to make an Elvis Carnival Booklet soon !!!! Thanks TCBNDIXIE ~
should I pop round and have a delve in your files, just in case ???

Does anyone have any info on this Lady ???
tcbndixie
QUOTE (REX @ Mar 6 2009, 08:38 AM) *
Great will be able to make an Elvis Carnival Booklet soon !!!! Thanks TCBNDIXIE ~
should I pop round and have a delve in your files, just in case ???

Does anyone have any info on this Lady ???

Sure...come on over...I'll put the coffee on! Or, is it tea?!? We're located on Martin Hill...everyone in the community knows us!! LSHIC.gif

Don't know who the lady is...but I'm sure someone will...we love solving EP mysteries!
REX
This picture recently came out in a New Elvis Photo Booklet
Classic, Rare, Unseen ELVIS The Illustrated Biography

ELVIS at a HALLOWEEN PARTY with
Actress JOAN BLACKSHAW.

from TRANSLANTIC PRESS 2008
(Being sold at THE WORKS shop(s) @ £5.99 only)
224 glossy pages of mostly all Pictures from the Getty Images Collection.
MauricePColgan
Thanks for those great photos Rex. Some I have not seen before.................. at my age! ;-)

We sure will be busy exploring all your fine material when time allows.

Our garden is in full bloom and needs a lot of attention with everything growing so fast there's a lot of time involved clipping and planting new stuff. The Sunflowers are five foot high already! and the first little tomatoes are beginning to grow into succulent specimens, on sea weed!

http://irelandtoo.blogspot.com
REX
Thanks for the Interest "Maurice"...

THIS picture in my Opening Post, is a little better Quality........

Click to view attachment

bofo
Rex, great find. Thx. thanks.gif
REX
Managed to get hold a a few more MASK 1957 Elvis Pictures,

enough to make a nice....

MASK MOTION~ANIMATION GIF.

Takes a few moments to Load Everything, to get to Full Speed.....
phyllisnelvis

I just love these pics I also have them somewhere in my data base. of pics.
QUOTE (REX @ Jul 13 2009, 11:54 AM) *

SweetCaroline
QUOTE (REX @ Jul 13 2009, 08:54 PM) *

EXCELLENT motion gif picture!!! notworthy2.gif notworthy2.gif notworthy2.gif
REX
This Elvis picture from Earlier and 2 of the Lady, just turned up.
Should please all the Guys......

At designer Sy Devore's October 31, 1957

Halloween party with actress Jeanne Carmen,

dressed as a "squaw"

Click to view attachment ~ Click to view attachment
REX
This picture is the first
- showing Elvis from the Thighs up !

At designer Sy Devore's 31st October, 1957

Halloween Party with a Cleopatra ~ Starlet

REX
charlierogers
QUOTE (REX @ Oct 28 2009, 03:39 AM) *

laughing1.gif laughing1.gif laughing1.gif

OMG Rex........didn't plan on saving this one until last, just worked out that way........but man oh man......sure glad that I did......now my stomach hurts from laughing so much...it's the 'Boo' that finishes me off.......... laughing1.gif

Many thanks thanks.gif thanks.gif thanks.gif thanks.gif thanks.gif
Bradley
Great photo.s from the party in '57.
I heard Elvis was not fond at all to going to party's in California, but this was one of the few exceptions.
REX
QUOTE (Bradley @ Oct 29 2009, 04:55 AM) *
Great photo.s from the party in '57.
I heard Elvis was not fond at all to going to party's in California, but this was one of the few exceptions.

Elvis went to most Closed Set End of wrapping up the Film Parties... this one connected to KING CREOLE.
Since most of the invited guests are from PARAMOUNTS various productions... or contracted to them..

So not like a normal Hollywood A-List party..

In checking around today... found ANOTHER PICTURE not in this topic.....
Its been Colourized.... but have turned a version back to Black and White....

Click to view attachment
(Colour version by "OMO")

Other Elvis motion Gifs.. in My PERSONAL PAGE on ELVIS TKC ----->>>>LINK

http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/index.php?showuser=21960
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.