IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topic Start new topic
 TOP "TKC" TOPIC 2009 (the results are in ...sort of.?), With thanks to CHRIS "The Number Cruncher"

REX
post Dec 31 2009, 04:30 PM
Post #1

Platinum Member

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 21,960

Hi! and Happy New Year to you Chris.

What has been the most popular Top 20 VIEWED TKC TOPICS of 2009 ?

in ALL SECTIONS please."TOP 20"

THEN - just in ALL ELVIS SECTION "Top 20" ~ Please.

(using your pure skill as the number #1 Administrator, BIG BOSS MAN !

I'm sure you have the powers to apply your thoughts

to the compiling of these special charts.... unique to this ELVIS FORUM.)

Many thanks in advance... awaiting this Elvis News Eagerly... SincerELy.. REX

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
charlierogers
post Jan 1 2010, 02:13 AM
Post #2

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 22,212
From: Ontario Canada - Home of Collingwood Elvis Festival

QUOTE (REX @ Dec 31 2009, 05:30 PM) *
Hi! and Happy New Year to you Chris.
What has been the most popular Top 20 VIEWED TKC TOPICS of 2009 ?
Many thanks in advance... awaiting this Elvis News Eagerly... SincerELy.. REX

gonna guess vegas 1969 topic and elvis butt, I mean back - up there in the top 5

--------------------

+Quote Post
REX
post Jan 1 2010, 02:31 AM
Post #3

Platinum Member

Ah but what about MY FAV: PURCHASES (all Elvis Topic version)

only been running for under 2 years... so thats 9000+ views each year, unless the first year was more than the 2nd.

Thing is what was the total on 1st January 2009 ? or you could divide the View total by the number of weeks, then mulitply it by 52 weeks
to get a close estimate for this year...

Over to you Chris......

(Please take a snapshot of everything up to 1st January,, if its gonna take a while to work out all the combinations....)

--------------------

+Quote Post
charlierogers
post Jan 1 2010, 02:47 AM
Post #4

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 22,212
From: Ontario Canada - Home of Collingwood Elvis Festival

QUOTE (REX @ Jan 1 2010, 03:31 AM) *
Ah but what about MY FAV: PURCHASES (all Elvis Topic version)

only been running for under 2 years... so thats 9000+ views each year, unless the first year was more than the 2nd.

Thing is what was the total on 1st January 2009 ? or you could divide the View total by the number of weeks, then mulitply it by 52 weeks
to get a close estimate for this year...

Over to you Chris......

(Please take a snapshot of everything up to 1st January,, if its gonna take a while to work out all the combinations....)

well, then - you'd best calc the happy birthday and alphabet one's too using the same method........let's see december 6th 2006 and 15,933 view for happy birthday - then that's just under 5,200 per year and approx 4000 per year for welcome new members and 4000 per year for famous date in Hx - all still beaten by Elvis' butt, butt if you are going to take 2nd place to a butt - whose would you rather it be??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Butt - 5916 in just over 7 mths - so......5916/7 x 12 = just over 10,000 predicted in a year of viewing - if you can keep finding new butts that is

--------------------

+Quote Post
REX
post Jan 1 2010, 03:02 AM
Post #5

Platinum Member

QUOTE (charlierogers @ Jan 1 2010, 02:47 AM) *
well, then - you'd best calc the happy birthday and alphabet one's too using the same method........let's see december 6th 2006 and 15,933 view for happy birthday - then that's just under 5,200 per year and approx 4000 per year for welcome new members and 4000 per year for famous date in Hx - all still beaten by Elvis' butt, butt if you are going to take 2nd place to a butt - whose would you rather it be??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Butt - 5916 in just over 7 mths - so......5916/7 x 12 = just over 10,000 predicted in a year of viewing - if you can keep finding new butts that is

Happy birthdays are OFF TOPICS... so in the ALL SECTIONS TOP 20 only....

If you had only started the ELVIS DUCKS at the start of the year.... that should be in the Top 20 (what a shame...)

and your Elvis nick-nack collection topic... must be in the Top 20 (would you think....)

Who's CHRIS Getting to OPEN THE ENVELOPE ?????

--------------------

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Jan 1 2010, 12:37 PM
Post #6

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

Happy New Year to you too Rex (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

Well...the forum software doesn't have any straightforward ways of finding these statistics. So i have done a search...to start with in all Elvis ( which by far leads anything else on the board). The Admin CP tells me total of replies (all time). Total views ( all time ). But doesn't do whats actually inside each section ( i.e just all Elvis ).

Anyway...this will help ( to start with at least ).

This is the all time "views" in all elvis...

Attached File  views.jpg ( 527.45K ) Number of downloads: 19

And this is all time "replies" in all elvis..

Attached File  replies.jpg ( 545.42K ) Number of downloads: 7

As you can see....i have marked what are the top threads just in 2009 alone. Elvis Moments in time toping both views and replies during the last year...with Elvis' Back...running a very close second.

Hope that gives you some idea....its the only place i could start...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

+Quote Post
REX
post Jan 2 2010, 03:13 PM
Post #7

Platinum Member

Hi and thankyou CHRIS for spending the time on this for me.. (and other interested parties)

The
YOUR FAVOURITE PICTURES Topic !
would seem to me to be Number 1 (well ahead of Moments in Time and Elvis' Back)

The first post in it was over 3 years ago (Nov 06) - 1547 posts (78 pages) with 51113 views
Only 156 posts are in the last year. (2009)
an Average view per post... comes out at around 33 views... Multiplied by 156 (09 posts) = 5148
which is way behind the 2 topics Moments(#6315) and Back..(#5930)

However this topic I feel would be viewed more in the later years than the first year.
at the start you only have a few pictures to look at, in 2009 it was probably over 5000 Elvis pictures!
(at the time in January 2009 this would have been almost as many as in the gallery)

Also it takes more than one view to go though over 1500 posts of pictures in one sitting...
(for me I think I did it in 6 return visits +Plus remembering a picture I needed for a topic ~ meant many other visits searching for it)

An average per week of views, multiplied by 52 weeks gives you an estimate of 13,700 views a Year.
Due to the increasing number of pictures as the topic continued.. I think the last year would have been higher than the previous TWO.

WHICH MEANS "MY FAVOURITE PICTURES" is the top Viewed TOPIC of 2009 (anyway you cut it)
and as its lots of ELVIS ~ It sure deserves to be NUMBER ONE #

(Certainly double the views and more of my 2nd and 3rd)

Its also interesting to note that a lot of the Top 20 is infact PICTURE TOPICS but with a theme.
this has to have had some effect of the MY FAVOURITE PICTURES topic this past year..
if we hadn't of had so many new Picture Themed topics... its totals would have been even higher..

so still to be number #1 is some achievement.

If you haven't looked at all the pictures
in the MY FAVOURITE PICTURES Topic..

The LINK is --->>> http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/index.php?showtopic=6089

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2024 - 10:29 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities