Should be released on CD !!

NightRider
post Feb 11 2006, 10:13 AM
Post #1

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

A few albums i remember...that i wouldn't mind being released on CD...feel free to add your own [img]style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]

Rockin'/Romantic Elvis
(IMG:http://www.elvis-tkc.com/covers/LPcovers/192_Romantic_Elvis_F200.jpg) (IMG:http://www.elvis-tkc.com/covers/LPcovers/193_Rockin_Elvis_F200.jpg)

Romantic Elvis
Side 1 Doin' The Best I Can, You Don't Know Me, Anything That's Part Of You, It Hurts Me, For The Millionth And The Last Time, Love Me, Ask Me, I Don't Want To, A World Of Our Own, There's Always Me
Side 2 I Met Her Today, Indescribably Blue, All That I Am, A Boy Like Me, A Girl Like You, Starting Today, I'm Yours, Echoes Of Love, I Feel That I've Known You Forever, Something Blue, Mine

Rockin' Elvis
Side 1 Make Me Know It, (You're the) Devil In Disguise, Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers, One Broken Heart For Sale, I Want You With Me, Please Don't Drag that String Around, Memphis, Tennessee, Western Union, Witchcraft, Return To Sender
Side 2 (It's a) Long Lonely Highway, (Marie's the name) His Latest Flame, Such A Night, I Gotta Know, Little Sister, Shoppin' Around, Judy, I'll Be Back, U.S. Male, I'm Comin' Home

Released AUGUST 1982

Would make for a cool CD compilation [img]style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif[/img]

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Feb 11 2006, 10:16 AM
Post #2

Administrator
Group Icon

Blue Rythms

(IMG:http://www.elvis-tkc.com/covers/LPcovers/205_Blue_Rhythms_F200.jpg)

Side 1 Trouble, Reconsider Baby, A Mess Of Blues, Give Me The Right, Such A Night, When It Rains, It Really Pours

Side 2 Trying To Get To You, Like A Baby, I Want To Be Free, Mean Woman Blues, Ain't That Loving You Baby, One Night

Side 3 Little Sister, So Glad You're Mine, Big Boss Man, I Want You With Me, Baby, What You Want Me To Do, Santa Claus Is Back In Town

Side 4 Stuck On You, I Feel So Bad, What'd I Say, Tomorrow Night, It Feels So Right, Merry Christmas Baby

Released DECEMBER 1983

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...

+Quote Post
andy_m
post Feb 13 2006, 08:13 PM
Post #3

At The Gates Of Graceland

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 27

Hi Chris,
definitive nice releases.
I never had these on LP.
But would love to have them on CD with the same artwork and tracklistings.

--------------------
The Lady Loves Me And Of Course She Knows It Yet!

+Quote Post
Guest_curtis simpkins_*
post Feb 17 2006, 05:48 AM
Post #4

Guests

Here's is one of my favorite Elvis vinyl box set that should b out on cd the elvis presley story
a 5 lps box set i dont need it on cd i all read have this on vinyl but i think others would love to see this one out on a cd. Here's the track list

Side 1 it's now or never/ treat me nice/ for the good times/ i got stung/ ask me/ return to sender/
Side 2 the wonder of you/ hound dog/ make the world go away/ his latest flame/ loving you/ suspicious minds.

side 3.one night/ you dont know me/ blue christmas/help me make it through the night/ blue suede shoes/ surruender/
side 4 in the ghetto/ too much/ i was the one/ good luck charm/love me/little sister.
side 5 cant help falling in love/ trouble/memories/wear my ring around your neck/blue hawaii/burning love.
side 6 love me tender/ stuck on you/ funny how times slips away/ all shook up/puppet on a string/ jailhouse rock.
side 7 heartbreak hotel/ i just cant help believin/ i beg of you/dont cry daddy/hard headed woman/ are you lonsome tonight?
side8. teddy bear/hawaiian wedding song/ a big hunk o love/i'm yours/ a fool such as i/ dont
side 9. i want you, i need you, i love you/ kissin cousin/ i cant stop loving you/devil in disguise/susipicon/ dont be cruel.
side 10. shes not you/ froom a jake to a king/i need your love tonight/ wooden heart/ have i told you lately that i love you/ you dont have to say you love me.

this is all the songs on this set.
my mom and dad got me this set for chritmas in 1977 when this lp came out, and this was my very frist Elvis
box set i ever own and still have this even today, all though i had to buy it again years later because they one i had wornd out and this was the set got me into elvis music big time.

oh i had a few lps of his but not his big tunes like on this set. [img]style_emoticons/default/clap.gif[/img]

This set came out i think around sept or oct 1977

This post has been edited by curtis simpkins: Feb 19 2006, 06:59 AM

+Quote Post
andy_m
post Feb 18 2006, 06:46 PM
Post #5

Well I would like to have this on CD as a CD Box Set from RCA Special Products [img]style_emoticons/default/cool2.gif[/img]

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bazza
post Feb 19 2006, 01:24 AM
Post #6

Platinum Member
Group Icon

Group: VIP
Member No.: 314

I'd like to see:

The Legendary Performer Series (1 - 4 with no editing of the original LP track lists)
This Is Elvis Soundtrack
The Camden LPs
The Ultimate Performance
I Was The One ('83 Lp)
Greatest Hits Volume 1 ('81 Lp)

--------------------

"Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem"
-Ronald Reagan (Jan. 20, 1981)

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Feb 19 2006, 10:40 AM
Post #7

Administrator
Group Icon

Some of the Camden LP's are on CD...some are special Products and can be found on E-bay...others are club editions and are rare and valuable. I agree Barry that they should be released as budget CD's ... same as the original LPS and would make for nice additions to the collection.

This is Elvis has also been released, well bootlegged...so this also would be cool to have officially... [img]style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif[/img]

--------------------
TCB Chris

+Quote Post
Guest_The Batman_*
post Feb 19 2006, 12:19 PM
Post #8

Guests

I have "The Elvis Presley Story" on CD but the tracklisting is somewhat different to your vinyl set mine has 15 CD's
Attached File(s)
Attached File  elvisstoryvol01.jpg ( 69.39K ) Number of downloads: 13
Attached File  elvisstoryvol01back.jpg ( 87.85K ) Number of downloads: 14

+Quote Post
hounddogman
post Feb 19 2006, 01:43 PM
Post #9

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (batman @ Feb 19 2006, 01:19 PM) *
I have "The Elvis Presley Story" on CD but the tracklisting is somewhat different to your vinyl set mine has 15 CD's

That's because it's two totally different releases...

Curtis' box set was released by RCA Special Products in July 1977 and is pure music. The CD set that you have was taken from a radio show, which was broadcast for the first time in 1971 as a 12-hour program and the source was reel-to-reel tapes. In 1975 the show was send to radio stations on 13 LP's lasting 13 hours. When Elvis died an updated 13-hour series including the years 1976-77 (also on 13 LP's) was made. It's quite an interesting show and includes interviews by people from the Elvis world that you don't hear interviwed often - teachers, childhood friends etc.

--------------------

"I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive..."

+Quote Post
Guest_The Batman_*
post Feb 19 2006, 02:09 PM
Post #10

Guests

thanks for the information [img]style_emoticons/default/clap.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/clap.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/clap.gif[/img]

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Mar 1 2006, 06:59 AM
Post #11

Administrator
Group Icon

The Legendary Performer vols 1 and 2 have tracks missing...would like to see the full albums released - maybe with bonus tracks. And the 3 and 4 volumes are bootlegs..not official. Though i guess that still counts as cd releases...i think BJB was talking about official releases [img]style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif[/img]

--------------------
TCB Chris

+Quote Post
andy_m
post Mar 1 2006, 06:08 PM
Post #12

I am sure BJB is talking about real Original BMG releases and NOT Boot CD's. Vol.1+2 have 4 tracks missing on each CD. Only God knows why [img]style_emoticons/default/no.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif[/img]

--------------------

+Quote Post
Suspicious Minds
post Mar 1 2006, 10:15 PM
Post #13

Platinum Member

Member No.: 278

I would like to see the RCA International Camden LP's on CD again.
I don't remember seeing them on CD before.

Flaming Star and Summer Kisses.
Elvis 40 Greatests Hits (Arcade label)

[img]style_emoticons/default/aggressive.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/00000407.gif[/img]

--------------------
Frank

Every man has a Flaming Star

+Quote Post
andy_m
post Mar 3 2006, 07:52 PM
Post #14

not allowed,
can you post Cover, Backinlay + Labelscans from these 2 CD's? ALP Vol.3+4!! ??
Cause I still think they were NEVER released officialy from RCA BMG.
Maybe you can tell us also the Matrix Nr.?
Thanks,
Andy.
PS I am very curious to see the scans or hear more Infos about them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
alo
post Mar 8 2006, 01:23 AM
Post #15

Listening to Elvis

Member No.: 41

I'd love to see the camden releases rereleased in special packaging like a box set, it would be very cool, Al

+Quote Post
colonel snow
post Jun 14 2006, 01:57 PM
Post #16

Platinum Member

Member No.: 482

QUOTE (BJBAmerica @ Feb 19 2006, 03:24 AM) *
I'd like to see:

The Legendary Performer Series (1 - 4 with no editing of the original LP track lists)
This Is Elvis Soundtrack
The Camden LPs
The Ultimate Performance
I Was The One ('83 Lp)
Greatest Hits Volume 1 ('81 Lp)

greatest hits vol. 1 >> this LP was released on CD in 1990 by BMG/Australia.

the next camden Lp's were released on CD:
I got lucky - german club edition 1990
Flaming star - german club edition 1990
Elvis in germany - german club edition 1990
mahalo - US 1992
christmas album (1970 version) - BMG/Canada 1989
You'll never walk alone - US 1988
Burning love - US 1988
Seperate ways - BMG/Canada 1992

I'm not sure but I thought " Elvis sings hits from movies vol. 1 " (1972 Camden) was released as a german club edition around 1990.
I know some of the club editions were european/german releases and no american releases.

I don't expect re-releases soon because it was available in the past and it was not a commercial succes.

colonel snow

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_curtis simpkins_*
post Jun 15 2006, 12:14 AM
Post #17

Guests

I have now on my cdrs all of my camden vinyl into cdr this is elvis on cdr elvis greatest hits vol-1 on cdr the elvis medley, i was the one,
even mahalo on cdr,.

and they all sound nice on cd.

+Quote Post
colonel snow
post Jun 20 2006, 12:18 PM
Post #18

Platinum Member

QUOTE (NightRider @ Feb 11 2006, 12:16 PM) *
Blue Rythms

(IMG:http://www.elvis-tkc.com/covers/LPcovers/205_Blue_Rhythms_F200.jpg)

Side 1 Trouble, Reconsider Baby, A Mess Of Blues, Give Me The Right, Such A Night, When It Rains, It Really Pours

Side 2 Trying To Get To You, Like A Baby, I Want To Be Free, Mean Woman Blues, Ain't That Loving You Baby, One Night

Side 3 Little Sister, So Glad You're Mine, Big Boss Man, I Want You With Me, Baby, What You Want Me To Do, Santa Claus Is Back In Town

Side 4 Stuck On You, I Feel So Bad, What'd I Say, Tomorrow Night, It Feels So Right, Merry Christmas Baby

Released DECEMBER 1983

as this LP is licensed by Everest records there will never be a RCA - release in this form.

colonel snow

--------------------

+Quote Post
colonel snow
post Jun 20 2006, 12:35 PM
Post #19

Platinum Member

QUOTE (NightRider @ Feb 11 2006, 12:13 PM) *
A few albums i remember...that i wouldn't mind being released on CD...feel free to add your own [img]style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]

Rockin'/Romantic Elvis
(IMG:http://www.elvis-tkc.com/covers/LPcovers/192_Romantic_Elvis_F200.jpg) (IMG:http://www.elvis-tkc.com/covers/LPcovers/193_Rockin_Elvis_F200.jpg)

Romantic Elvis
Side 1 Doin' The Best I Can, You Don't Know Me, Anything That's Part Of You, It Hurts Me, For The Millionth And The Last Time, Love Me, Ask Me, I Don't Want To, A World Of Our Own, There's Always Me
Side 2 I Met Her Today, Indescribably Blue, All That I Am, A Boy Like Me, A Girl Like You, Starting Today, I'm Yours, Echoes Of Love, I Feel That I've Known You Forever, Something Blue, Mine

Rockin' Elvis
Side 1 Make Me Know It, (You're the) Devil In Disguise, Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers, One Broken Heart For Sale, I Want You With Me, Please Don't Drag that String Around, Memphis, Tennessee, Western Union, Witchcraft, Return To Sender
Side 2 (It's a) Long Lonely Highway, (Marie's the name) His Latest Flame, Such A Night, I Gotta Know, Little Sister, Shoppin' Around, Judy, I'll Be Back, U.S. Male, I'm Comin' Home

Released AUGUST 1982

Would make for a cool CD compilation [img]style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif[/img]

till the middle of the eighties each country with a BMG/RCA division could release his own Elvis LP or CD;
these two Lp's are an example of an original UK release later on followed by a german release with the same tracks.
after that time the releases are central directed by BMG/RCA in the US.
there is no chance this set come on CD.
there are a lot of (european ) LP - compilations that were never put on CD like Rare Elvis vol. 3 / (vol. 2 is a german club editin only) / Hits of the 70's / A legendary perfomer vol. 3 & 4 and many more.
(see the discography of each europaean country)

colonel snow

--------------------

+Quote Post
colonel snow
post Jun 20 2006, 08:36 PM
Post #20

Platinum Member

QUOTE (curtis simpkins @ Feb 17 2006, 07:48 AM) *
Here's is one of my favorite Elvis vinyl box set that should b out on cd the elvis presley story
a 5 lps box set i dont need it on cd i all read have this on vinyl but i think others would love to see this one out on a cd. Here's the track list
Side 1 it's now or never/ treat me nice/ for the good times/ i got stung/ ask me/ return to sender/
Side 2 the wonder of you/ hound dog/ make the world go away/ his latest flame/ loving you/ suspicious minds.

side 3.one night/ you dont know me/ blue christmas/help me make it through the night/ blue suede shoes/ surruender/
side 4 in the ghetto/ too much/ i was the one/ good luck charm/love me/little sister.
side 5 cant help falling in love/ trouble/memories/wear my ring around your neck/blue hawaii/burning love.
side 6 love me tender/ stuck on you/ funny how times slips away/ all shook up/puppet on a string/ jailhouse rock.
side 7 heartbreak hotel/ i just cant help believin/ i beg of you/dont cry daddy/hard headed woman/ are you lonsome tonight?
side8. teddy bear/hawaiian wedding song/ a big hunk o love/i'm yours/ a fool such as i/ dont
side 9. i want you, i need you, i love you/ kissin cousin/ i cant stop loving you/devil in disguise/susipicon/ dont be cruel.
side 10. shes not you/ froom a jake to a king/i need your love tonight/ wooden heart/ have i told you lately that i love you/ you dont have to say you love me.

this is all the songs on this set.
my mom and dad got me this set for chritmas in 1977 when this lp came out, and this was my very frist Elvis
box set i ever own and still have this even today, all though i had to buy it again years later because they one i had wornd out and this was the set got me into elvis music big time.

oh i had a few lps of his but not his big tunes like on this set. [img]style_emoticons/default/clap.gif[/img]

This set came out i think around sept or oct 1977

this set is released in july 1977; the set is made for Candlelight music by RCA.
there are more sets made for Candlelight music:
1980 - 6 LP set " legendary recordings of Elvis Presley "
1981 - 1 LP " Rock and roll forever "

there are records made for Special products / Record club etc.
there is no chance that a CD will be released from these releases from the 70's/80's.

for the general public there are CD's with greatest hits compilations/ re-releases upgraded and for the fans there is the FTD label.

colonel snow

--------------------

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th September 2024 - 02:36 PM
Hosted By: ElviCities