Reply to this topic Start new topic
 Do people buy and trade these?

songs4u
post May 18 2006, 09:27 PM
Post #1

Listening to Elvis

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 417

I don't know very much about buying or trading Elvis 45's or memorabilia. As a matter of fact you'll probably find me pretty dumb on this subject. I've never looked into it really.

Are original 45's from the 50's and things that were sold at his concerts in the '70s traded or bought among Elvis collectors? Are these things considered memorabilia Elvis fans are interested in?

And another thing. I don't know if this is the right place to ask it. These places you find on the internet that want to sell you bootleg footage of concerts for real?

Thanks for any info

Gayle

--------------------
.....................................Gayle......................................

"When songs made us start to wiggle our hips.
It came from a combination of R & B and Soul.
It was the beginning of a new music.
They called it "Rock 'n Roll."
..................by TGM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_The Batman_*
post May 18 2006, 09:30 PM
Post #2

Guests

I think just about everythign with Elvis's name of is for sale or trade somewhere in the world, many people buy bootleg material otherwise we would not have or know so much

+Quote Post
songs4u
post May 18 2006, 09:50 PM
Post #3

Listening to Elvis

I was just wondering if these people selling bootleg articles would rip you off after you sent them money. Is there ever a sure way of knowing who's honest and who's not?

Maybe, checking with you guys here would let me know.

Gayle

--------------------
.....................................Gayle......................................

..................by TGM

+Quote Post
Guest_The Batman_*
post May 18 2006, 09:51 PM
Post #4

Guests

There is no sure way Gayle but if these peole are genuine traders then they usually are well known byt forums. but you always have to be carefull and try and find someone who is known

+Quote Post
First In Line
post May 18 2006, 09:53 PM
Post #5

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 82

[img]style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]

--------------------

Matt

+Quote Post
Eve
post May 18 2006, 10:00 PM
Post #6

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 26

[img]style_emoticons/default/cool2.gif[/img]

--------------------
<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'> IF I CAN DREAM</span></span>

+Quote Post
Guest_The Batman_*
post May 18 2006, 10:00 PM
Post #7

Guests

BTW Matt is one of the good guys Gayle lol

+Quote Post
songs4u
post May 18 2006, 10:01 PM
Post #8

Listening to Elvis

Hi, Matt

Have we spoken before? I'm sorry if I don't remember all the posts I read. I am knew here. Maybe, after some time I'll get to know more of you. I take it by your smiley post that you might agree with Batman.

--------------------

..................by TGM

+Quote Post
songs4u
post May 18 2006, 10:07 PM
Post #9

Listening to Elvis

Hi to you too Eve

Thanks Batman. I think Matt may have replied to one of my posts. But, I lost count.

Everyone here seems to be really nice.

That other Elvis forum ripped me apart. I posted a picture of my Mom sitting at the front porch of Graceland on the other site. That kind of calmed them down. It was obvious it was not a picture that's been taken recently. As I've said before, I've never been through those gates since Elvis died. My Mom always says "Gayle, at least everything you say is honest but, maybe you should keep your honesty to yourself sometimes".

Gayle

--------------------

..................by TGM

+Quote Post
songs4u
post May 18 2006, 10:08 PM
Post #10

Listening to Elvis

Again, if I post this in the wrong forum I'm sure it will be moved for me.

Do most Elvis fans think bootlegging should go on?

--------------------

..................by TGM

+Quote Post
Guest_The Batman_*
post May 18 2006, 10:09 PM
Post #11

Guests

Well I am sure I can speak for everyone when I say dont keep them to yourself on here we would love to hear them

+Quote Post
First In Line
post May 19 2006, 05:53 AM
Post #12

Down in the Jungle Room

Hi Gayle, Nope ma'am we have never spoken before until recently on here. I have saw you on the other forum (fecc) but we never conversed on there. I know what you mean though about how the "fans" treat others on that one. I'm glad to say stuff like that doesn't ever happen on here very often and if it does it will be taken care of by the admins. There's nothing wrong with agreeing to disagree but as you may know the members on the other forum take it way out of line. Gayle, if you are looking for Elvis footage click below [img]style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]

--------------------

Matt

+Quote Post
Guest_Brad_*
post May 19 2006, 06:45 AM
Post #13

Guests

QUOTE (songs4u @ May 18 2006, 06:08 PM) *

Yes, alot of them do because there are so many bootlegs its unbelieveable. And seeing as how it isn't likely that RCA or BMG are going to start releasing concerts like soundboard recordings we count on the bootlegs alot instead. But the FTD Label has provided us with some great material such as Spring Tours '77, Southern Nights, One Night In Vegas, Graceland Sessions, they're so many that are great. So no, I don't think theirs nothing wrong with them, but thats just my opinion, some people feel its stealing money from EPE and Lisa Marie Presley or whoever the rights go to.

+Quote Post
hounddogman
post May 19 2006, 06:46 AM
Post #14

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (songs4u @ May 18 2006, 11:27 PM) *
Are original 45's from the 50's and things that were sold at his concerts in the '70s traded or bought among Elvis collectors? Are these things considered memorabilia Elvis fans are interested in?

Oh yes Gayle! We're many who spend an awfull lot of $ on these things... [img]style_emoticons/default/wink.gif[/img] Like Neil said, there's a market for everything Elvis related and for me the main interest is old vinyl records. If you wanna get an idea about the prices these things are selling for, I believe the best way is to check out eBay's auctions...

--------------------

"I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive..."

+Quote Post
Leroy
post May 19 2006, 06:53 AM
Post #15

At The Gates Of Graceland

Member No.: 97
From: Hiding upstairs in Elvis' wardobe closet tryin' to find new pieces!

Hi Gayle, one of the refreshing things on this forum is that it's loaded with people who are willing to give everybody a fair chance to display their connections with Elvis. It's a friendly board and most people have true knowledge. I myself posted several times on the other board and experienced the same way of replying you have. It's a very close circle of people who have a tendency to get very arrogant toward new comers. You will not find that here and if it happened the person who act this way will be isolated or removed. So please feel free to share your stories, feelings and questions about Elvis with us.

--------------------
"Life's a paradox! That's two doxes!" (Elvis on June 19th, 1977)

+Quote Post
kenotess
post May 19 2006, 10:51 AM
Post #16

Aboard N880EP

Member No.: 293

QUOTE (songs4u @ May 18 2006, 11:08 PM) *

Hi Gayle..i would say nearly 95% of fans approve of bootlegs etc..Because of royaly arguments,it seems now because of changes,if these shows were officially released,members of the band,the orchestra etc could all claim royalties,so no point in releasing them.. This means many many hundres of concerts will NEVER be officially released..So this is the only way fans can get to hear the many shows etc.
Th fact that people trade is because of the costs of them..The average price is anything between 16.00 or 20.00 pounds,maybe 30,35,dollars..When you multiply this by a 500 or a 1000,you need to be a very wealthy person to buy all,so for most fans,trading is the only source,if they cost around 5.00 pounds,they would sell like hot cakes,the same for dvd,but this will never happen because of personal greed..seems nothing has been learned from the early vinyl bootleg albums back in the 70`s..

--------------------
Best wishes to all Elvis fans worldwide!!

+Quote Post
songs4u
post May 19 2006, 02:20 PM
Post #17

Listening to Elvis

I appreciate all your replies here. I don't have a lot of time right this minute to expand on this post but I will later in the day. I keep saying this but, you guys are great. I've got a lot of questions for you. I'm learning alot here. It's very interesting.

I do have to say this - Matt you said you saw me on the other forum. Then you know what went on there. Maybe, I should change my picture here, too. You notice I've changed my user name. That name I use on everything on the internet, nearly. I write a lot of poetry and music and visit mostly poetry websites. I hated to have to change my user name here but I was afraid my reputation would preceed me.

Get back with you guys soon.

Thanks, again.

This post has been edited by songs4u: May 19 2006, 02:23 PM

--------------------

..................by TGM

+Quote Post
First In Line
post May 19 2006, 05:06 PM
Post #18

Down in the Jungle Room

Hi Gayle! Yeah, I did see you around on the other board but I hardly ever view anything other than the "trade section" on that forum. Even though there is a thread going on there right now that both you and I have posted to, lol about the Ann Margaret video special, I am ElvisPresley854 [img]style_emoticons/default/wink.gif[/img] I wouldn't change my pic or name on here, if any of those members that attacked you on the fecc forum belong to this forum I don't think they have the courage to do it on here [img]style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]

--------------------

Matt

+Quote Post
songs4u
post May 20 2006, 03:45 PM
Post #19

Listening to Elvis

You're right Matt we did post on the same topic over there.

hounddogman, do you have a large collection of "vinyl records"? You know, I'm so old I just call them records. lol I have quite a few. I consider myself having quite a few. I might not in comparison to you, though. With my Dad having a radio station I inherited the records from the station as well as the station. With his contacts concerning that it was sometimes easier for him to get records. You know the record companies are glad to send you copies when they want you to air them.

--------------------

..................by TGM

+Quote Post
songs4u
post May 20 2006, 04:01 PM
Post #20

Listening to Elvis

Leroy, I wanted to say you are so right about the members of that other forum not accepting newcomers. It seems as though there are a few there that sort of run things. And, run people off. It sounds like you had an experience there like I did.

Jeff - I posted a reply to your post here but I don't know what happened to it, so, I'm going to tell you again. Because of what my father did for a living and owning a radio station I know something about royalities. You mentioned about all the others included in those shows receiving royalities. I've never really thought about that before. You're right.

Matt, I've had no attacks here and it's great. I'm learning so much. I've really enjoyed talking to all of you guys. I'm a huge Elvis fan but never talk to any other Elvis fans. Until now. Do you have that Ann Magaret thing on cassette or something? I've forgotten what you posted over there.

--------------------

..................by TGM

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 08:09 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities