Reply to this topic Start new topic
 WATCH OUT !

whitehavenboy
post Nov 30 2005, 12:22 PM
Post #1

Listening to Elvis

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 258

If you want to buy bootleg cds at a very low price on ebay don't be as stupid as I was
NEVER NEVER buy from this seller :

http://stores.ebay.com/MAD-TIGER-PRODUCTIONS

I spent more than 80$ for 2 original cds and what was supposed to be the "profile vol 1" box set.
I received 6 bad copies ( awful sounds problems and I'm talking about soundboards !!!) without booklets and of course no boxset
The guy is very successful in selling since he sells by "buy now" option.....So if you check his prices, you'll understand why I didn't want to miss the opportunity .....I had some doubts but.....It was too good to be true.
Unfortunetaly I was right!
Whatever I asked for an explanation and since I was sure never having an answer or refund I leave a negative feedback. I could not tolerate this
That's when the guy started sending me email with UNBELIEVABLE threats, abuses, etc.....and leave a negative feedback my first on ebay in more than 140 purchases !!!
Result a 80$ loss + a negative feedback! GREAT [img]style_emoticons/default/cool.gif[/img]
I can't undersatnd why he has so positive feedback ( even another buyer emailed me about this but she doesn't want to leave a negative feedback since she's a seller ), since it so obvious that the cds are not originals

Whatever KEEP YOUR MONEY FOR BETTER STUFF!
I'm not really into collecting bootlegs and it's not something that will make me change my mind!
What do you think about this ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Nov 30 2005, 03:05 PM
Post #2

Platinum Member

Member No.: 6

what can i say...rippers exist wherever you go!

so the best things is to make them known to everyone, pity not everyone does that!

--------------------
I'd rather go on hearing your lies....than smell your armpits son
Atlanta - December 30th 1976

+Quote Post
whitehavenboy
post Nov 30 2005, 05:58 PM
Post #3

Listening to Elvis

yeah that's why I left a negative feedback . For me and for others who could be victims of this crook. Even if it costs me a negative feedback

+Quote Post
Kenny
post Nov 30 2005, 06:27 PM
Post #4

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 3

I think leaving a bad feedback should be the last thing to do.
First contackt the seller.
Maybe somthing good can come out of that?
Did it say anything in the text at the auction that this was cdr`s?
If not : maybe you should have asked!!

But im with you all the way whitehavenboy, i would have done the same thing myself.

I have been on ebay since april/may this year, and the key to enjoy it is : contackt with the seller/buyer.

But : If a deal sound to good to be true, it is almost always what it is [img]style_emoticons/default/elvis.gif[/img]

--------------------

+Quote Post
whitehavenboy
post Nov 30 2005, 06:47 PM
Post #5

Listening to Elvis

I e-mailed him as soon as I received the cds . after 2 days since he did not reply, I left a negative feedback, I was so disgusted by the swindle !
Maybe I should have waited more but I didn't expect anything from this kind of guy.
When you look at his shop, the cds really seems originals, he even, presents covers of the boxsets !!!!! I could not imagine receiving something else !
But I agree with you kenny, contact is the key when it comes to ebay
And as many of you I've bought things on ebay I would never have dreamed

+Quote Post
Scott Haigh 7819...
post Dec 1 2005, 05:14 AM
Post #6

Listening to Elvis

Member No.: 111

[i know the same feeling

in december 2003, i bought nightfever in vegas and FTD nye 76 for about $50. i bought the former first, and then the guy sent me a list of all his cds he had. they were all copies! i found out that both were burned cd-rs. i did'nt ask my money back, i just did'nt buy from him anymore

BUT...then the guy under a different name was sellin vcds, i bought one, but then he asked for more money, and i thought 'stuff him!', so i left it

you gotta be careful in this world. theres some bad people out there, but apart from that on ebay, i have had successful purchases. its a good place, just soem baddies once in awhile [img]style_emoticons/default/gunsmilie.gif[/img]

--------------------
i'm a grease monkey that won't slide so easily!

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Dec 1 2005, 06:52 AM
Post #7

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

Though i fully understand your frustration, clues were there that these were not original CD's. For a start, having 7 or 8 copies of each one is a little strange, as these CD's are pretty hard to come by nowadays. The biggest clue for me is the fact that there are CD's that he is selling in Jewel cases - that were never available in Jewel Cases.......so i would have been very doubtful in seeing this.

Not that this makes anything right of course. I really do feel for you when you have been mislead in this way. I have no problems with people selling CDR's...but they really should state thats what they are. Pure and simple. what this guy is doing - is preying on the fans that don't know better. And i am not saying that you are one of those...but thats how he makes his money. Because some fans don't know. Then are hesitant to leave bad feedback - as they know they will recieve the same in return.

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

+Quote Post
whitehavenboy
post Dec 1 2005, 11:54 AM
Post #8

Listening to Elvis

Yes you're right....As I sais I had some doubts but I thought " this is must be a Fort Baxter reissue" which was stupid
I should have think twice but I was so excited to buy these cds at such a low price and the guy at so positive feedback
About feedbacks I still can't understand why his are so positive....Are the buyers blind ??? Stupid ??? Or both ????

As a conclusion the last mail the guy sent me .
So cool, this time he didn't call me "jerk" or "asshole" [img]style_emoticons/default/cool2.gif[/img]

Don't email anybody else about this . If I ever hear that your still doing that,
I will have to physically stop you. Now if you have any kind of sense, it's
all going to stop today. So take my advice and drop it, or you'll get hurt.
Your way out of your league.

This post has been edited by whitehavenboy: Dec 1 2005, 11:47 AM

+Quote Post
C.C.Rider
post Dec 1 2005, 01:43 PM
Post #9

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 66

QUOTE (whitehavenboy @ Dec 1 2005, 11:54 AM) *
Yes you're right....As I sais I had some doubts but I thought " this is must be a Fort Baxter reissue" which was stupid
I should have think twice but I was so excited to buy these cds at such a low price and the guy at so positive feedback
About feedbacks I still can't understand why his are so positive....Are the buyers blind ??? Stupid ??? Or both ????

So cool, this time he didn't call me "jerk" or "asshole" [img]style_emoticons/default/cool2.gif[/img]

Don't email anybody else about this . If I ever hear that your still doing that,

[img]style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img] Is that the actual e-mail he sent you [img]style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img]

What a Jerk ! [img]style_emoticons/default/confused.gif[/img]

--------------------
Regards Shaun

Bruce Springsteen
He was as big as the whole country itself, as big as the whole dream. He just embodied the essence of it and he was in mortal combat with the thing. Nothing will ever take the place of that guy.

+Quote Post
stefan
post Dec 1 2005, 03:34 PM
Post #10

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (NightRider @ Dec 1 2005, 09:52 AM) *
Though i fully understand your frustration, clues were there that these were not original CD's. For a start, having 7 or 8 copies of each one is a little strange, as these CD's are pretty hard to come by nowadays. The biggest clue for me is the fact that there are CD's that he is selling in Jewel cases - that were never available in Jewel Cases.......so i would have been very doubtful in seeing this.

Not that this makes anything right of course. I really do feel for you when you have been mislead in this way. I have no problems with people selling CDR's...but they really should state thats what they are. Pure and simple. what this guy is doing - is preying on the fans that don't know better. And i am not saying that you are one of those...but thats how he makes his money. Because some fans don't know. Then are hesitant to leave bad feedback - as they know they will recieve the same in return.

Totally agree here ! Also, he's listing all concerts as "2005 edition" and all are "brand new".

He's defnately misleading people on Ebay, and people who are not too famillair with bootlegs are likely to be conned.

I hate it when people sell cdr's not stating them as such! I hope you've learned your lesson, when something looks too good to be true, it probably is. This doesn't mean that you should distrust people now, but know what you're buying and know who you buy it from !!

--------------------
"How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

+Quote Post
whitehavenboy
post Dec 1 2005, 05:53 PM
Post #11

Listening to Elvis

QUOTE (whitehavenboy @ Dec 1 2005, 12:54 PM) *

I swear it is and that's not the worst one. And he's the one who says I'm "nuts" !!!!

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Dec 1 2005, 07:46 PM
Post #12

Administrator
Group Icon

Well..if that was me...i am afraid he would be reported to e-bay at once. Send them the e-mails that he sent you. Though it may only be temporary - it will stop him for a while. He is out just to get what he can...and will come unstuck in the end. Way out of your league...who the hell does he think he is [img]style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif[/img]

What an ARSEHOLE !! I would have replied with something much, much stronger [img]style_emoticons/default/pinch.gif[/img]

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Dec 1 2005, 08:12 PM
Post #13

Platinum Member

Member No.: 6

those kinda emails remind me of somebody [img]style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif[/img]

I hope i'm wrong!

--------------------
I'd rather go on hearing your lies....than smell your armpits son
Atlanta - December 30th 1976

+Quote Post
whitehavenboy
post Dec 1 2005, 09:56 PM
Post #14

Listening to Elvis

QUOTE (NightRider @ Dec 1 2005, 08:46 PM) *
Well..if that was me...i am afraid he would be reported to e-bay at once. Send them the e-mails that he sent you. Though it may only be temporary - it will stop him for a while. He is out just to get what he can...and will come unstuck in the end. Way out of your league...who the hell does he think he is [img]style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif[/img]

What an ARSEHOLE !! I would have replied with something much, much stronger [img]style_emoticons/default/pinch.gif[/img]

A seller who was one of the guy's victims told me that she had sent many complaints to ebay.....they don't seem to care about this kind of behaviour. Sad but true

+Quote Post
GuitarMan66
post Dec 3 2005, 01:27 PM
Post #15

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 9

The best thing to do is ask the seller questions before you bid on any items.And see what there response is and also how long they take to respond as this can be a clue as to what type of seller they are ie: a quick responce should indicate they are a good dealer

--------------------

+Quote Post
whitehavenboy
post Dec 10 2005, 03:16 PM
Post #16

Listening to Elvis

Sorry to talk about this crook again but I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the guy's annoucement ( you may see it in his shop )

just wanted to make this statement about my Feedback score. This is the only way that I can tell my side of the story. First of all, if you’ve noticed, I’ve recently received 7 Negative Feedbacks. However, they are only from 2 buyers. One buyer left me 3 Negatives & the other buyer left me 4, just for 1 purchase. I don’t understand why eBay lets buyers do that. It’s just not fair. Buyers should only be able to leave 1 feedback per transaction. eBay tends to always side with the buyers, right or wrong. Never the sellers. eBay’s feedback system is terribly flawed and needs to be redone. It is a very unfair system. In fact, a buyer can leave a seller negative feedback as soon as they click on an item before they even pay for it. That’s what has been happening to me and that’s just not fair. So I just wanted to let my customers know that 1. I haven’t received as many Negative feedbacks as it appears. 2. Those customers have already received a FULL REFUND plus I sent them Brand new replacement CD’s on top of that. Sometimes I get bad products now and then, that happens with any product. However, I immediately correct the situation and either replace the item or give a FULL REFUND plus extra for return shipping. I always take care of my customers. Just look at all my other Positive Feedbacks. As of right now, I only have 2 unhappy customers and I’ve done everything I can to make them happy. Some people you just can’t please no matter what you do. I am a very fair person and I would rather loose money on a sale if that’s what it takes to make a customer happy. I hope someday eBay will figure out a new feedback system that is fair for both the buyers and the sellers.

INCREDIBLE ! The guy claims to to have sent us a full refund and brand new cds which of course is an enormous[b] LIE
!!!!!!!!!!! Provocation ( or not ? ) he wonders why ebay lets buyers leave negative feedback !!!!
Persannaly I still wonder WHY ebay lets this kind of crook selling such crap !
I HATE this guy who's not only a crook but who pretends to be the victim ! If only I knew how to stop him
I was one of his victims not the contrary ! I don't know wheter to laugh or cry ! I was THE VICTIM !!!!!
UNBELIEVABLE !!!
Anyway meanwhile two other ebayers sent me mails because they were victims of the guy too. Unfortunetaly ( as many ) they did not send negative feedbacks following many emails of threats from him

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Dec 10 2005, 05:16 PM
Post #17

Administrator
Group Icon

The guy certainly has a nerve !! I feel for you....i can imagine how i would feel. E-Bay is a terrific place to buy....this sadly is the other side of the story.

Can't understand why he hasn't been banned from selling anyhow. I have had warnings from e-bay in regards to selling bootlegs ( when i did sell some a year or so ago )...surely with a list of items like his they would act.... [img]style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif[/img]

--------------------
TCB Chris

+Quote Post
whitehavenboy
post Dec 10 2005, 06:20 PM
Post #18

Listening to Elvis

As you say he has a nerve ! UNBELIEVABLE
The main problem with ebay is that I don't know what to do or where to go to stop this kind of crook . Or it will take too much time and I've got other things to do.
The worst is that a poor guy from eastern europe was a victim from him too but since he has very few purchases he now has a 75% feedback because of this crook who even claims never receiving his payment! I'm not in that case hopefully
I thought I had seen EVERYTHING in the elvis world but THIS IS THE WORST I have seen so far

+Quote Post
andy_m
post Dec 10 2005, 11:14 PM
Post #19

At The Gates Of Graceland

Member No.: 27

Well well well,
what kind of crazy people exist. [img]style_emoticons/default/aggressive.gif[/img]

--------------------
The Lady Loves Me And Of Course She Knows It Yet!

+Quote Post
First In Line
post Dec 12 2005, 12:36 AM
Post #20

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 82

The seller to me sounds and acts like a child out to make a few bucks. Not to mention he doesn't know the right phrase of words either. That tells me he could very well be a minor. But then again I myself sometimes use the wrong words so I best just be quiet. It's hard to think that an adult would actually threaten someone like he has though [img]style_emoticons/default/no.gif[/img]

--------------------

Matt

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 02:12 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities