JohanD
post Feb 17 2010, 03:52 PM
Post #1

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19

At Full Force

By popular demand! For those who missed Fort Baxter's 1998 "A HOT WINTER NIGHT IN DALLAS" СD, Audionics will release the strictly limited edition CD “AT FULL FORCE" (AUDIONICS 2010-02-2). This release will contain the dynamic December 28th, 1976 show as recorded live from the mixing desk at the Dallas Convention Center.
To achieve the best possible sound quality, Audionics worked with a 1st generation DAT copy of the original soundboard tape, that was also used for the 1998 release. The sound was restored in a renowned studio and is a significant improvement over the original release.

As you’ve come to expect from us, this new release will come in a beautifully designed package with a 16-page booklet, containing a selection of live photographs from Elvis Presley appearances in Dallas in 1956, 1971, 1976 and 1976 as well as informative liner notes. This CD is set for release in late February. Don't miss your opportunity to get the ultimate release of that legendary concert recording! Those that are a bit weary of hearing another ’76 show following the release of several substandard ’76 shows of late, are in for a real surprise. The way he attacks “C.C. Rider” sets the tone for an action-packed evening with Presley in great mood ("If I die tonight, it will only take a year to get the smile off my face"), with the highlight being the first version of “Unchained Melody” that we have – he’d started doing it the night before, but it’s still uncertain whether that 1st version exists. It’s great to hear this fantastic song in such embryo-like fashion, with Elvis still not being entirely ‘at home’ with it, exploring its possibilities and making it his own.

Once again, the next Audionics release will contain some previously unreleased soundboard material. More details very soon.
Tracklist:
01. Introduction: Also Sprach Zarathustra - 02. C. C. Rider - 03. I Got A Woman / Amen - 04. Love Me - 05. Fairytale - 06. You Gave Me A Mountain (with false start, incomplete) - 07. Jailhouse Rock (incomplete) - 08. O Sole Mio (Sherrill Nielsen) / It's Now Or Never / O Sole Mio (Sherrill Nielsen) - 09. Tryin' To Get To You - 10. Blue Suede Shoes - 11. My Way - 12. Polk Salad Annie - 13. Introductions by Elvis of Singers, Musicians - 14. Early Morning Rain (John Wilkinson) - 15. What'd I Say (James Burton) - 16. Johnny B. Goode - 17. Drum Solo w/"Hey Bo Diddley" one-liner (Ronnie Tutt) - 18. Bass Solo (Jerry Scheff) - 19. Piano Solo (Tony Brown) - 20. Electric Piano Keyboard Solo (David Briggs) - 21. Love Letters - 22. School Day (Joe Guercio Orchestra) - 23. Hurt (with reprise) - 24. Unchained Melody - 25. Can't Help Falling In Love - 26. Closing Vamp.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  cover_atfullforce_20.jpg ( 41.13K ) Number of downloads: 7

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Feb 17 2010, 06:18 PM
Post #2

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

So tempted as i love the show....but where will it end... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

+Quote Post
Dodger
post Mar 16 2010, 12:27 PM
Post #3

Welcome to The Kings Court

Group: Picture Members
Member No.: 9,930

I got the CD yesterday - UNFORTUNATELY!

THIS IS A JUNK! A piece of C-R-A-P !

The sound quality is soooo bad that i can't even describe it with words! I thought that there will be a slight sound improvement but there isn't! What's more,the sound quality is MUCH WORSE than it was on 'A Hot Winter Night In Dallas' 12 years ago!
It's so bad that i'm speechless.

"At Full Force" is not listenable, the sound is muffled, distant and the output level is way too low.
I paid €22 (plus postage) for it but i will try to sell it today. One of the worst CD releases in years.

How could they ruin the sound so badly? In 21th century with all the modern technology available how could they ruin the sound quality that badly??????
BLOODY AMATEURS!

Don't buy this CD,it's a piece of warm sh*t!

+Quote Post
charlierogers
post Mar 16 2010, 12:33 PM
Post #4

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Member No.: 22,212
From: Ontario Canada - Home of Collingwood Elvis Festival

QUOTE (Dodger @ Mar 16 2010, 12:27 PM) *
I got the CD yesterday - UNFORTUNATELY!

THIS IS A JUNK! A piece of warm C-R-A-P !

The sound quality is soooo bad that i can't even describe it with words! I thought that there will be a slight sound improvement but there isn't! What's more,the sound quality is MUCH WORSE than it was on 'A Hot Winter Night In Dallas' 12 years ago!
It's so bad that i'm speechless.

"At Full Force" is not listenable, the sound is muffled, distant and the output level is way too low.
I paid €22 for it (plus postage) but i will try to sell it today. One of the worst CD release in years.

How they could ruin the sound so badly? In 21th century with all the modern technology available how could they ruin the sound quality that badly??????
BLOODY AMATEURS!

Don't but this CD,it's a piece of sh*t!

always glad to hear reviews so thank you for sharing and appreciate when others try to help us avoid poor quality purchases.....however......

..... I now find myself to be extremely curious as to what really bad sounds like.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dodger
post Mar 16 2010, 12:48 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (charlierogers @ Mar 16 2010, 01:33 PM) *
always glad to hear reviews so thank you for sharing and appreciate when others try to help us avoid poor quality purchases.....however......

..... I now find myself to be extremely curious as to what really bad sounds like.....

A good advice: Don't buy it if you don't want to waste your money!

Many of the Audionics releases were disappointing soundwise. Wrong speed,muffled sound etc. But this is far the worse.
It's not an improvement. It's MUCH WORSE compared to the old Fort Baxter CD issued 12 years ago.
I hope this was the last Audionics release. For me it was,because i won't buy a CD again from this label.
Good bye,Audionics!

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Mar 16 2010, 07:12 PM
Post #6

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

Sounds like giving it a miss was the right choice ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif)

To be honest i don't notice a huge difference in many of the re-issue's....but i do think they are a great opportunity for those fans that missed the originals. Shame though...if they are not doing the release justice. Can you post a sound clip so we can see what you mean ? Would be interested to hear how bad it is (IMG:style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

+Quote Post
Dodger
post Mar 17 2010, 09:06 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (NightRider @ Mar 16 2010, 08:12 PM) *
Sounds like giving it a miss was the right choice ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif)

To be honest i don't notice a huge difference in many of the re-issue's....but i do think they are a great opportunity for those fans that missed the originals. Shame though...if they are not doing the release justice. Can you post a sound clip so we can see what you mean ? Would be interested to hear how bad it is (IMG:style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif)

It's not even a great opportunity for the new fans,because the sound is much worse than on A Hot Winter Night In Dallas.
Though the booklet is beautiful,i have to admit. If you want a nice booklet then buy this release. Then you will have a small 16-page booklet for about €25 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif)

I can't post sound clips,but i hope someone else can. The producers of this cd didn't make available sound clips and i already know why... This way more fans ordered this CD. Though many of them have already sold it...

+Quote Post
stefan
post Mar 18 2010, 05:21 PM
Post #8

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Member No.: 10

Haven't heard this one yet, but when reading these reviews I'm not looking forward to it anymore (IMG:style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif)

--------------------
"How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

+Quote Post
dennyelvis
post Mar 18 2010, 09:51 PM
Post #9

At The Gates Of Graceland

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 64

Heres a sample to compare releases (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif) but i too prefer Baxters release (IMG:style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif) i think ...

Both samples are POLK SALAD 320MP3 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/victory.gif)

Attached File(s)
Attached File  AHWNID.mp3 ( 8.53MB ) Number of downloads: 40
Attached File  AFF.mp3 ( 8.53MB ) Number of downloads: 33

--------------------

+Quote Post
charlierogers
post Mar 19 2010, 02:55 AM
Post #10

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Member No.: 22,212
From: Ontario Canada - Home of Collingwood Elvis Festival

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif) Thank You (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Both sound good to me

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fly-Trouble
post Mar 19 2010, 10:48 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 22,034

Received mine today.
Gosh,it sounds like an AUDIENCE RECORDING! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wallbash.gif)
Even the august 1973 Vegas audience recording on A Profile - The King On Stage vol. 1. sounds better than this. What they did with the sound? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
A Hot Winter Night In Dallas sounded much better. At Full Force sounds like the 5th generation copy of A Hot Winter Night In Dallas (IMG:style_emoticons/default/down.gif)

+Quote Post
C.C.Rider
post Mar 19 2010, 01:30 PM
Post #12

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Member No.: 66

Maybe the sound guy used to work for RCA (IMG:style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif)

--------------------
Regards Shaun

Bruce Springsteen
He was as big as the whole country itself, as big as the whole dream. He just embodied the essence of it and he was in mortal combat with the thing. Nothing will ever take the place of that guy.

+Quote Post
Fly-Trouble
post Mar 19 2010, 03:20 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 22,034

QUOTE (C.C.Rider @ Mar 19 2010, 02:30 PM) *
Maybe the sound guy used to work for RCA (IMG:style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif)

Maybe FTD lended Lene Reidel to bootleggers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rubberface.gif)

But seriously,the sound quality is awful.

+Quote Post
stefan
post Mar 19 2010, 05:39 PM
Post #14

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Member No.: 10

Thanks for the samples !!

The sound is indeed noticeably worse than on A Hot Winter Night In Dallas (IMG:style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif) That's really a let down (IMG:style_emoticons/default/down.gif)

--------------------
"How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

+Quote Post
Dodger
post Mar 20 2010, 06:57 AM
Post #15

Terrible,TERRIBLE sound quality!
What's the point to re-release a well-known concert in much worse sound? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif)

+Quote Post
Dodger
post Mar 26 2010, 08:50 PM
Post #16

GOOD NEWS!!!

E-mail from Ger Rijff: "Friday a week ago today, the news about this forthcoming double cd release was made on this site. In a matter of minutes other sites took over the news and the first replies from fans everywhere started pouring in.
Where did this news come from? Why isn't there an official FTD announcement yet? It must be a fake, only to take the pi.. out of the bootleggers, etc, etc. Many 'know it all' fans had their mind made up right away. It's been like this all week long. Guessing, only guessing.

Here's what happened: friday morning a week ago I had a phone call from Ernst. We contact each other every so many weeks for a chat. Last friday he rang me to talk and update me on his Sun project. We also talked about current bootleg releases, as he had read about the At Full Force Dallas 76 re-release. After some chit chat I asked him why FTD has yet to release this concert?
His reply: "we will soon, together with the Birmingham concert as a double cd." I asked if I could bring this news in the open? And his answer was: "Yes, do it today, if you like". We continued talks about where to find the needed photographs from both concerts and he said he was gonna start working on the official paperwork needed for an official release. Something that might
take some time...

That same morning I mailed the news to ElvisNews. That's the story behind it. Take it or leave it."

So there's no need to buy this CRAP!
FTD will re-release both shows soon!

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th September 2024 - 03:59 PM
Hosted By: ElviCities