REX
post Oct 28 2009, 11:53 PM
Post #1

Platinum Member

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 21,960

If you go to the Elvis TKC "Picture Gallery"

MEMBERS SECTION....

YOU CAN OPEN any number of Special PHOTO ALBUMS that only the person opening them, can add more Photos Into the 'Album'

Also One of the options is a box you can Tick to allow any TKC Member to view this album of photos.

If you do not tick this Box..... the ALBUM remains Private.,

In this Screen Save ~ it shows GOOGLE LOOKING AT ....

A Photos Gallery Picture.... "VIEWING IMAGE CAP057 JPG"

Attached File  PRIVACY_ON_TKC.jpg ( 39.14K ) Number of downloads: 7

This photo is a TTWII photo with that file reference, in an Album of Mine, that I have at this time....
decided to be Private..............

So if no member on TKC is able to View this Image (until I tick the box)

How is GOOGLE Able to get around this (?????)

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Oct 29 2009, 07:41 AM
Post #2

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

I would assume that you actually posted that picture somewhere on the board Rex, and its that image that the Googlebot was looking at. It wouldn't be even able to access the Gallery as its not a member, but can of course view any data thats on the main board.

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

+Quote Post
REX
post Oct 29 2009, 02:20 PM
Post #3

Platinum Member

QUOTE (NightRider @ Oct 29 2009, 07:41 AM) *
I would assume that you actually posted that picture somewhere on the board Rex, and its that image that the Googlebot was looking at. It wouldn't be even able to access the Gallery as its not a member, but can of course view any data thats on the main board.

Thanks Chris... I think maybe you are right...

When I clicked on what Google was looking at... it took me to the Image in my private folder.. which is why I wondered.... will go back and see if I can figure out... if I used it in a Topic... (some Images in Albums marked private.... are for on-going topics, and haven't been used to post in topics yet.)

Google is looking for Items... that unknown people are searching for, so its not for its self. So in the 100,000+ list of things it finds on each search it is responsible for a lot of the UNKNOWN GUESTS we have. You also see fads and trends, releated to current news Items its searching for at TKC..

How does it use the Elvis TKC Message sender... and CP User... is that its own or TKC's ?

Sorry I just Like to check up on One of the Big Brother watchers (Watching It!)

Google has led me to a number of Old Topics on TKC.. that I found interesting enough to Add something too...

Infact the ELVIS RECIPIES TOPIC was because of Google and that became a huge Multi Post, Read Topic. SO THANKS "GOOGLE" !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jordans-Elvis-Wo...
post Oct 29 2009, 06:07 PM
Post #4

ElviCities Hosting/J.E. World Ltd.
Group Icon

Member No.: 262

Google is looking for Items... that unknown people are searching for, so its not for its self. So in the 100,000+ list of things it finds on each search it is responsible for a lot of the UNKNOWN GUESTS we have. You also see fads and trends, releated to current news Items its searching for at TKC..

How does it use the Elvis TKC Message sender... and CP User... is that its own or TKC's ?

The google bot actually just crawls randomly. If it comes back and sees something new, it will archive it. There is in fact, no human input involved. I.E. it doesn't crawl things that people are searching for. It simply is archiving the newest material (and older things it missed on past runs) by following the hyperlinks on the forum.

Additionally, it doesn't use the message sender, CP, etc.
The message will pop up in the "Who's Online" that the googlebot is checking "Private Messages" or "Viewing the User Control Panel" if the bot has hit upon that page (it still has no access).

Have no fear, Rex. The bot has no access to private albums, etc.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Jordan

**Please send all tech support requests to: tech@elvicities.com with a detailed report explaining the issue.**

+Quote Post
KEV
post Oct 29 2009, 09:36 PM
Post #5

At The Gates Of Graceland

Member No.: 31

BOT is a search engine,i"ve seen a few on here and other forums!.

It"s just picking up info to put on there links etc!.

--------------------

+Quote Post
REX
post Oct 29 2009, 10:53 PM
Post #6

Platinum Member

QUOTE (Jordans-Elvis-World @ Oct 29 2009, 06:07 PM) *
The google bot actually just crawls randomly. If it comes back and sees something new, it will archive it. There is in fact, no human input involved. I.E. it doesn't crawl things that people are searching for. It simply is archiving the newest material (and older things it missed on past runs) by following the hyperlinks on the forum.

Additionally, it doesn't use the message sender, CP, etc.
The message will pop up in the "Who's Online" that the googlebot is checking "Private Messages" or "Viewing the User Control Panel" if the bot has hit upon that page (it still has no access).

Have no fear, Rex. The bot has no access to private albums, etc.

Hi! and thanks Jordan...
you have explained it really well... before I had some cloudy ideas of what it was doing exactly...
I'm sure I'm not posting anything against the National Security of the Country.! (Ha.. well I hope not)

Being brought up in a family, where my Dad worked for GOVERNMENT COMMUNICATIONS
(G.C.H.Q- at Bletchley - Cheltenham and Listening posts in Singapore and Malta)

I will save a screen grab next time I see it appearing to access and use the CP !
When you say PRIVATE MESSAGES... you don't mean Our Messages... but its own messages (Is that right please?)

At school the answer to questions what does your Dad do for work ~ was Oh! he just works for the Government.

So I guess I'm just naturally curious as to the inner mystery of the INTERNET and Search Engines..
Most people take these things for granted.. but it really is a Modern Wonder... and so fast.

You know GCHQ monitor Internet Traffic and sites these days ? in addition to Mobile Phones.
But of course this is a different matter to Google..

Greatly interesting topic... so much appreciate your response to my wonderings.. Thankyou... Jordan....

And thankyou also KEV... for your mention of it adding LINKS... (We had LINK WEEK last week with Chris) Ha... Excellent...

--------------------

+Quote Post
KEV
post Oct 30 2009, 01:03 PM
Post #7

At The Gates Of Graceland

Member No.: 31

Sorry Jordan,never saw your post till now.

Thanks REX.

Here are some BOTS i"ve seen on the net today...Gathering info etc!.

Yahoo [Bot], Yandex [bot] << Russian i think... Google [bot],lyGO [bot].Msn [bot] etc etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jordans-Elvis-Wo...
post Oct 30 2009, 07:28 PM
Post #8

ElviCities Hosting/J.E. World Ltd.
Group Icon

Member No.: 262

When you say PRIVATE MESSAGES... you don't mean Our Messages... but its own messages (Is that right please?)

That is correct. It has absolutely no access to anyone's private messages.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Jordan

**Please send all tech support requests to: tech@elvicities.com with a detailed report explaining the issue.**

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 08:10 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities