Board improvements ?

NightRider
post Mar 22 2009, 06:10 PM
Post #21

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

A little busy with Birthday celebrations today....but will answer your questions when i have a touch more time Rex (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Mar 23 2009, 09:15 AM
Post #22

Administrator
Group Icon

Here's how the User Groups are done at TKC:

"Members" up to 20 posts
"Picture Members" 20 - 100 posts
"Special Members" over 100 posts

These are the standard member user groups.

The VIP members are all members who are connected with the TKC Staff. They consist of ex-moderators/admins. The moderators/admins who for one reason or another cannot now give the time required to continue as full time staff- but are still part of the staff with the VIP status.

All of the staff here at TKC are made up from members who have contributed to the board for a consistant period of time.....anyone could be "invited" to become a staff member....all dependant on what they give the board in content and time.

Hope that helps Rex. (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...

+Quote Post
REX
post Mar 23 2009, 03:05 PM
Post #23

Platinum Member

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 21,960

QUOTE (NightRider @ Mar 23 2009, 09:15 AM) *
Here's how the User Groups are done at TKC:
"Members" up to 20 posts......"Picture Members" 20 - 100 posts........."Special Members" over 100 posts..These are the standard member user groups.

The VIP members are all members who are connected with the TKC Staff. They consist of ex-moderators/admins. The moderators/admins who for one reason or another cannot now give the time required to continue as full time staff- but are still part of the staff with the VIP status.

All of the staff here at TKC are made up from members who have contributed to the board for a consistant period of time.....anyone could be "invited" to become a staff member....all dependant on what they give the board in content and time. ..Hope that helps Rex. (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

Thanks "C H R I S"
Yes its all getting a bit clearer, BUT every answer - always brings a new question.... So....

How come I went from A MEMBER then it skipped to A SPECIAL MEMBER
how did it miss me as A PICTURE MEMBER did I miss out on something then????

Infact I don't think I've seen any one listed as a PICTURE MEMBER how does that work exactly
can I go back and Win that Award Still? I have loaded well more than a 100 images on Elvis
Maybe the Gallery doesn't like me dragging pics out of that section to comment on them elsewhere?

What way do you achive this. IS IT UP-LOADING 20+ Elvis Pictures in the KC Gallery?
That has that glitch you talked about last time !!!

Some VIP's seem to have this Status, due to having their own seperate ELVIS WEB SITES - is this the case?

So If I set up One or Two "Elvis~Rex" sites, would that speed up my journey - up the Management Ladder ?
(you know I'd have to spend some time away from Kings Court to do this,, with some of my Info going missing from KC also??)
Do you really need to push me on that route......

Also could you be more specific about HOW MUCH TIME and HOW MUCH CONTENT
When you say Content - do you mean ONE LINE OF CONTENT POSTS if so how many of 1 liner posts to achieve Success
Also is 3000 words in a post, still counted the same way as ONE LINE IN A POST ???
AS THIS MUST CHANGE HOW YOU VIEW the HOW MUCH CONTENT percentage, what is that percentage % again!!

Sorry to have to keep bothering you, but I can't seem to find this info in any Technical area on KINGS COURT.
I've been going around pushing all the buttons, but nothing seems to happen....

SincerELy. .................. Rex.......

--------------------

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Mar 23 2009, 04:35 PM
Post #24

Administrator
Group Icon

Being VIP has nothing to do with having their own sites...it is simply because they are or have been...in some way connected to the staff at TKC. I believe that all of the VIP members were at one time either admins or Moderators here. With the exception of my wife who half owns the board...which i think is a good enough reason to be a VIP.

Usually the member status sorts itself out automatically. Once a member reaches 20 posts certain parts of the board become available. ( Artwork Gallery and Picture Gallery). After 100 posts you become a special member. That was from the days when we used to have a specials section. Sometimes in this section would have been rare pictures or Audio files. It was long ago decided that section had to close ( for reasons that i can't go into on the open board).

Its all done automatically and doesn't really matter whether your now a picture member or special member as they are really in effect the same these days.

Usually you would have to be invited to become part of the staff....an invite that would be offered after nomination by one of the team and consideration by all of the staff, in a staff only section of the board. We would consider the amount of time they have been on the board, how active they have been in thread and topics etc. I would say that you would qualify on all of the above in the short time you have been with TKC BTW Rex.

Failing that of course...if members are interested in becoming staff members and having more of a say and influence on how the board is run....they can ask to be considered for a postion on the team.....as some already have done.

I hope that answers your questions Rex. Really....i don't mind being "bothered". Infact i am pleased that you take such an interest in TKC (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

+Quote Post
spanish eyes
post Mar 24 2009, 03:40 PM
Post #25

Elvis Presley Blvd

Member No.: 490

Chris I've had another idea, I know Elvis didn't give many press conferences but I thought it would be great if there was a section detailing all the press conferences he did in order from his first one to the last. (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
Maria

When your heart gets weary, time to sing a song

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Mar 24 2009, 08:12 PM
Post #26

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (spanish eyes @ Mar 24 2009, 03:40 PM) *
Chris I've had another idea, I know Elvis didn't give many press conferences but I thought it would be great if there was a section detailing all the press conferences he did in order from his first one to the last. (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Thanks Maria...we will give that idea some thought (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

+Quote Post
REX
post Mar 24 2009, 08:46 PM
Post #27

Platinum Member

QUOTE (NightRider @ Mar 24 2009, 08:12 PM) *
Thanks Maria...we will give that idea some thought (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

Hi Maria,
Hope you have been keeping up-to-date with the Press Conference topics. on Kings Court, just to help...

1) HOUSTON PRESS CONFERENCE, see the HOUSTON ASTRODOME TOPIC, details of the Airport conference before 1st show
=-and then the 2nd Press Conference -between the 5th and 6th 1970 show, when they gave him the 5 gold discs and
all the Rodeo gifts

2) VEGAS PRESS ANNOUNCEMENT on 5th September 1972, to announce the Hawaii 73 shows, very detailed Topic
---I review the 3 different NBC trailers they made. (for the first time anywhere) hope you have seen this topic.

3) 1969 PRESS CONFERENCE - see Vegas 69 Topic, running as an extra to the EIN 69 Vegas report by Maria Davies
after 8 days this has just got to the 1st August 69 12.30am Press conference, with 100s of pictures being uploaded.
(another 3 eyewitness accounts still to be added, so keep watching)

4) I saw a bit about the HAWAII 61 shows as a topic on KINGS COURT which includes pictures from the press conference----
--- This is also a very recent topic.

5) The JAYCEES AWARDS TOPIC, has 7 different events listed that Elvis attended that day, if you haven't already seen it?
----the 3rd days event on 16th Jan 1971 was closed to the press QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS session, that we had some
--- first hand accounts of what Elvis was asked. The 6th Event that day was Elvis getting his awards, with the speech he
---- made.

I'm sure we will be getting around to other press conferences in the near future, including the MANY DIFFERENT ONES IN
GERMANY, TWO IN PARIS, THE 1960 RETURNING HOME IN BLIZZARD PRESS CONF, THE GRACELAND DEN 20 MINUTE CONF '60.
THE VANCOUVER 57 ONE, MANY OTHERS IN THE 1950S, INCLUDING INTERVIEWS AT RADIO STATIONS, THE WINK MARTINDALE
LEANING AGAINST THE JUKE BOX is one of my Favs. ~ 1972 NEW YORK press conf. -On Tour private Interview that is only
partly seen in On tour and This is Elvis, and a lot more, so as they say watch this space.

If you would like to start one of these off, just CLICK "NEW TOPIC" and we will all dive in to try and help...

SincerELy.... REX...

--------------------

+Quote Post
spanish eyes
post Mar 25 2009, 06:53 PM
Post #28

Elvis Presley Blvd

Member No.: 490

QUOTE (REX @ Mar 24 2009, 08:46 PM) *
Hi Maria,
Hope you have been keeping up-to-date with the Press Conference topics. on Kings Court, just to help...

1) HOUSTON PRESS CONFERENCE, see the HOUSTON ASTRODOME TOPIC, details of the Airport conference before 1st show
=-and then the 2nd Press Conference -between the 5th and 6th 1970 show, when they gave him the 5 gold discs and
all the Rodeo gifts

2) VEGAS PRESS ANNOUNCEMENT on 5th September 1972, to announce the Hawaii 73 shows, very detailed Topic
---I review the 3 different NBC trailers they made. (for the first time anywhere) hope you have seen this topic.

3) 1969 PRESS CONFERENCE - see Vegas 69 Topic, running as an extra to the EIN 69 Vegas report by Maria Davies
after 8 days this has just got to the 1st August 69 12.30am Press conference, with 100s of pictures being uploaded.
(another 3 eyewitness accounts still to be added, so keep watching)

4) I saw a bit about the HAWAII 61 shows as a topic on KINGS COURT which includes pictures from the press conference----
--- This is also a very recent topic.

5) The JAYCEES AWARDS TOPIC, has 7 different events listed that Elvis attended that day, if you haven't already seen it?
----the 3rd days event on 16th Jan 1971 was closed to the press QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS session, that we had some
--- first hand accounts of what Elvis was asked. The 6th Event that day was Elvis getting his awards, with the speech he
---- made.

I'm sure we will be getting around to other press conferences in the near future, including the MANY DIFFERENT ONES IN
GERMANY, TWO IN PARIS, THE 1960 RETURNING HOME IN BLIZZARD PRESS CONF, THE GRACELAND DEN 20 MINUTE CONF '60.
THE VANCOUVER 57 ONE, MANY OTHERS IN THE 1950S, INCLUDING INTERVIEWS AT RADIO STATIONS, THE WINK MARTINDALE
LEANING AGAINST THE JUKE BOX is one of my Favs. ~ 1972 NEW YORK press conf. -On Tour private Interview that is only
partly seen in On tour and This is Elvis, and a lot more, so as they say watch this space.

If you would like to start one of these off, just CLICK "NEW TOPIC" and we will all dive in to try and help...

SincerELy.... REX...

Thanks for the info Rex (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I just thought it would be great if there were videoclips of them all held in one place starting with his first one all the way through to his last (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------
Maria

When your heart gets weary, time to sing a song

+Quote Post
REX
post Mar 25 2009, 07:10 PM
Post #29

Platinum Member

QUOTE (spanish eyes @ Mar 25 2009, 06:53 PM) *
Thanks for the info Rex (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I just thought it would be great if there were videoclips of them all held in one place starting with his first one all the way through to his last (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Great glad you found it all.

I want to put up Video clips, and large file Motion SPX slide shows, instead of the small file animated Gifs.

I've been requesting a FLASH MOVIE PLAYER as that would be able to handle these bigger, more proffesional Files..
Even added the question to my Questionaire, and most are voting for a FLASH MOVIE PLAYER, Also they would
like to see it used to add that Elvis Extra Dimension, to the many INFO PACKED TOPICS.

We also need an Audio Player. (not for music - as that would be a NO NO) but we could use Elvis speech - and Elvis
commented on many things in between the songs.

Also an Audio Track would allow us to send Messages, and add extra overlay comments to the topics.
At the moment I'm keyboarding 1000s OF WORDS into some topics. 500 would be enough, then put the over
comments on Audio for that topic. HAVEN'T SEEN THIS DONE ON ANY ELVIS SITE.

a FEW have good FLASH MOVIE PLAYERS

If you would like to see how an ELVIS FLASH MOVIE looks (its very classy) check out
WWW.ELVISLIGHTEDCANDLE.COM or WWW.ELVISCANDLELIGHT.COM
THEY HAVE SOME GREAT "ELVIS MEMORIES" ones - some are very sentimental, but great Production Values...
You can save any of them to your computer, use them as screensavers. They come in ZIP files
and the Flash Player is built into them.

VOTE FOR THIS EXTRA DIMENSION NOW

NIGHTRIDER says he is looking into it, but I don't want him to start forgetting....(I'm sure he won't)

thanks for the reply, SincerELy ......... REX

--------------------

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Mar 25 2009, 08:29 PM
Post #30

Administrator
Group Icon

Have been looking into it Rex.....but at the moment have found nothing that i could use on this forums software. However...i will keep looking.... (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Mar 25 2009, 08:41 PM
Post #31

Administrator
Group Icon

Test:

Attached File  unknittingmouse1.swf ( 117.78K ) Number of downloads: 8

Well....i have it so that you can upload and play .swf files ( click the above )...its a step in the right direction (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/hi.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

+Quote Post
REX
post Mar 28 2009, 01:34 AM
Post #32

Platinum Member

QUOTE (NightRider @ Mar 25 2009, 08:41 PM) *
Test:Attached File  unknittingmouse1.swf ( 117.78K ) Number of downloads: 8

Well....i have it so that you can upload and play .swf files ( click the above )...its a step in the right direction (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/hi.gif)

Hi! Chris..

a few things I'm afraid !!! Is it possible to change the settings for Memory on PHOTO PICTURE Uploads, on some topics recently
I uploaded over 30 attachments. Some just went into a never ending loop, so I had to exit the Topics posts, and re-enter
to start all over again, spending 90 minutes to just Load up the Photo parts, + another 30 to 40 minutes on re-sorting the
text, is a pain in the B...

Also if my Picture is a BMP file, it never opens it on the post, BMP files always have to be Clicked to open, no matter what the file size.
(so I'm going back to Convert the file to Jpeg. which is just more time to get everything done.)

GIFS: have some problems on Kings Court also, apart from the uploading time, they don't work as smoothly as on some other Websites.
Another problem is you can't have multiple Motion Gifs working at the same time, even if only Thumbnails, I've seen 20 or more all moving
in Action on other sites... I'm sure this is partly a memory on the page problem, is there any way the Memory can be increased. Please..

A lot of the Text is from early 70s, stenciled sheets, and when using OPTICAL CHARACTER RECOGNITION (OCR) a lot of errors
pop up, that need correcting. The OCR isn't a KINGS COURT SITE problem. But while I've been sorting out the formatting, sometimes
my Post is Bumped off, by someone else placing a shorter piece that when they SEND REPLY(uploading) just crashes what I'm trying
to get ready to Upload myself. A few times almost an hours work on the post, has had to be restarted.

Another problem, is if I format it in Microsoft Word XP (2003) making it really good to look at...
when I copy and paste it looses a lot of the Layout, back to a mess on the Post that needs to be sent, instead I'm having to spend
a lot more time re-sorting out the layout.

Have I missed a way of HOLDING the Layout design from Word, onto a KC. post.

Another thing, I have had to stop using the New Word 2007, because your word hasn't been upgraded from Doc. files
to handle Docx files (which is the newer Word format) wouldn't it be easy to add the Docx type of files,

The reason is that I already have this text on file, (for up to 2 years on some) and if I haven't noticed its the new Docx Word file, I have to
go back with it on a flash drive, on my other computer system to convert it, and then bring it back on another USB flash drive stick.

All these things are probably only a problem to me.. as I am using such large amounts of Picture and Text files in my posts.

For someone just doing a few lines, it isn't much time more for them to re-do it. I've been feeling I need to have a lie down when
an hour or so of a post disappears, and needs starting again. It drains all the spirit out of you... So really hope some of these
Bugs can be sorted out somehow.... Sorry again for being such a very bothering Member. SincerELy..... REX

--------------------

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Mar 28 2009, 07:54 AM
Post #33

Administrator
Group Icon

Ok...starting at the top....

The permissions for uploading pictures have now been changed from 20 to 35. So as long as you don't exceed 35 attachments...you should be fine. I have also increased the KB limit on posts. You shouldn't have anymore problems as far as that is concerned. If you do, please let me know.

BMPs i am afraid i can't do anything about. There is no setting to change that. Sadly you would have to convert to .JPGs for them to show on the board.

As for Gifs...the changes made above should fix that problem too. Although i have never seen a problem with them personally. If there was one...that too should have been resolved.

Not sure that i can do anything about the text layouts. I know i have had the same problem. Will look into that...but as i say..it could just be the way it is.

I have allowed .docx files : after searching for an hour to find the right code on Invision forums...i am still unsure whether that works or not..as i have nothing at the moment to test it with. So again..you will have to let me know on that one Rex.

Hope that helps with your problems ( at least to a certain extent ). As i said...let me know if anything i have adjusted doesn't work like it should do. (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

+Quote Post
REX
post Mar 28 2009, 11:58 AM
Post #34

Platinum Member

QUOTE (NightRider @ Mar 28 2009, 07:54 AM) *
Ok...starting at the top....

The permissions for uploading pictures have now been changed from 20 to 35. So as long as you don't exceed 35 attachments...you should be fine. I have also increased the KB limit on posts. You shouldn't have anymore problems as far as that is concerned. If you do, please let me know.
Thanks Chris ~ another 15 will help a lot, I will try to not mix large file gifs and Macroflash files with lots of Pictures also. Wouldn't want Kings
Court to grind to a halt. Ha! The amount of files, pictures and logos for any subject on my main computer is very large, so some types of topics
might sometimes mean large numbers of Uploads - I had a feeling you might be able to increase things a bit. WONDERFUL..

BMPs i am afraid i can't do anything about. There is no setting to change that. Sadly you would have to convert to .JPGs for them to show on the board.
I don't use BMPs very much anymore, but a small percentage of things in the last 4 years did get saved that way, including around 500 TTWII screen captures, and some other movies, its not hard to convert them, just sometimes you forget they might be BMPs- I can live with that....

As for Gifs...the changes made above should fix that problem too. Although i have never seen a problem with them personally. If there was one...that too should have been resolved. --[b]You may not a noticed some of the quirky things about GIFs, because I can preview first, some just got removed-or split up to more than one post, will try again on some of the ways I was using them. Many thanks...[/b]
Not sure that i can do anything about the text layouts. I know i have had the same problem. Will look into that...but as i say..it could just be the way it is.

I have allowed .docx files : after searching for an hour to find the right code on Invision forums...i am still unsure whether that works or not..as i have nothing at the moment to test it with. So again..you will have to let me know on that one Rex. I ended up taking the new Word docx program out of this laptop, and went back to the old Doc. only files. But I do a lot on the other main frame, and transfer across by USB flash documents and photos a lot, infact almost every post. It will be nice not to have to think about the Docx file problem anymore.

Hope that helps with your problems ( at least to a certain extent ). As i said...let me know if anything i have adjusted doesn't work like it should do. (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

The Kings Court websit ~ is still a modern Elvis site, - other Elvis sites are looking very old Shabby and outdated, only a few have been really creative
so this week you took the Elvis KC site in for a bit of a service, making it all Bright and Shinny again. WELL DONE.

I have just one other request (sorry).. When I highlight a text for, making it BOLD ~ SIZE IT LARGER ~ CENTRE IT ~ CHANGE THE COLOUR ~ etc.,
You have to re-highlight the same text again and again - each time. While In Word or Open Office, this text will stay highlighted, for all the things you want to do to it, so you only have to highlight that one time, not 3 or 4 times. -Its just so much quicker, and causes less mistakes, and also if you
are used to doing just the One Lot of Highlighting, you sort of expect it to be the same way on your posts - is that something that could be
implemented on Kings Court? Thanks again Chris for all your time... This Board Improvements section is a must. Gets my VOTE...
SincerELy .... REX....

--------------------

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Mar 29 2009, 11:21 AM
Post #35

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (REX @ Mar 28 2009, 12:58 PM) *
The Kings Court websit ~ is still a modern Elvis site, - other Elvis sites are looking very old Shabby and outdated, only a few have been really creative
so this week you took the Elvis KC site in for a bit of a service, making it all Bright and Shinny again. WELL DONE.

I have just one other request (sorry).. When I highlight a text for, making it BOLD ~ SIZE IT LARGER ~ CENTRE IT ~ CHANGE THE COLOUR ~ etc.,
You have to re-highlight the same text again and again - each time. While In Word or Open Office, this text will stay highlighted, for all the things you want to do to it, so you only have to highlight that one time, not 3 or 4 times. -Its just so much quicker, and causes less mistakes, and also if you
are used to doing just the One Lot of Highlighting, you sort of expect it to be the same way on your posts - is that something that could be
implemented on Kings Court? Thanks again Chris for all your time... This Board Improvements section is a must. Gets my VOTE...
SincerELy .... REX....

Looking into that Rex....really not sure at the moment what we could do about that. I haven't tried out the Rich Text Format when posting....so not sure if that helps in any way. Will have to have a look at that (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

+Quote Post
GuitarMan66
post Mar 30 2009, 08:43 AM
Post #36

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 9

Improvements Id like to see..
A new forum layout..with the more popular categories brought forward.
An 'ON AIR'..logo when radio shows are playing.
Ana a different colour scheme for the board

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jordans-Elvis-Wo...
post Mar 30 2009, 06:43 PM
Post #37

ElviCities International
Group Icon

Member No.: 262

Rex,
Working on a youtube like forum integration with my video site ElviCities Video (http://video.elvicities.com) . Appears to be working, Chris will probably be making an announcement soon.

With this, you will be able to upload video to ElviCities video - and when you have the video marked "Private" during the upload process - it will not appear on the main ElviCities Video site directory -- but would be able to "embed" it on the forum.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Jordan

**Please send all tech support requests to: tech@elvicities.com with a detailed report explaining the issue.**

+Quote Post
REX
post Mar 30 2009, 07:44 PM
Post #38

Platinum Member

QUOTE (Jordans-Elvis-World @ Mar 30 2009, 07:43 PM) *
..Rex,
Working on a youtube like forum integration with my video site ElviCities Video (http://video.elvicities.com) . Appears to be working, Chris will probably be making an announcement soon. ..With this, you will be able to upload video to ElviCities video - and when you have the video marked "Private" during the upload process - it will not appear on the main ElviCities Video site directory -- but would be able to "embed" it on the forum.

THANKS ~ Just for me ??? YOU'RE KIDDING !!!
Attached File  thidunno.gif ( 20.45K ) Number of downloads: 0
(also replied on the Burning SAMPLE)Attached File  eagle_fly_sm_clr1.gif ( 5.87K ) Number of downloads: 0

I think its Important to keep Other Members and Myself
Unique ~ and Exclusive to KINGS COURT

This giving everything to U-Tube or FaceBook
and then getting drawn into the Messages on a Wall rubbish
WILL NOW BE ABLE TO BE STOPPED !

Many thankx Jordan ~ Nightrider / A step in the Perfect Direction
Attached File  GuitarNOTES.gif ( 4.29K ) Number of downloads: 0

--------------------

+Quote Post
REX
post Apr 10 2009, 01:33 AM
Post #39

Platinum Member

Ok, don't think about the top picture in each box, just the lower Picture Ticker...
Don't forget to look at it 100% SIZE, FILL YOUR SCREEN WITH IT (125% WHATEVER IT TAKES) to get the effect.

Attached File  ROXIO_TICKER.1.jpg ( 136.8K ) Number of downloads: 6
this lower section, scrolls from right to left- NON STOP

Attached File  ROXIO_TICKER.2.jpg ( 99.27K ) Number of downloads: 4
YOU Can also have 4 boxs of different pictures, not scrolling,
but Each box's picture fades in and out with a new one.

Attached File  ROXIO_TICKER.3.jpg ( 94.6K ) Number of downloads: 3
or you could have that lower section at the top.

Attached File  ROXIO_TICKER.4.jpg ( 124.96K ) Number of downloads: 3
or you could have it running bottom to top at the side.

THE OTHER THING ABOUT THE "TICKER" IS IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT FORMAT THE PICTURE IS,

IT SORTS OUT THE SIZE FOR YOU, IF IT REQUIRES A BLACK SURROUND ~ IT ADDS ONE FOR YOU
SO A NARROW THIN PICTURE, WILL SIT NICELY NEXT TO A LONG WIDESCREEN ONE.
THE EFFECT OF NON-STOP FLOWING PICTURES, ROLLING PAST YOU ON A SORT OF ROTATION BELT
IS SORT OF A BIT OF AN ATTENTION GETTER, WHICH IS THE TYPE EFFECT YOU NEED A PAGE TO BE.

BEING ABLE TO CLICK ON THE TICKERS PICTURE TO OPEN A MUCH LARGER BOX (stopping or freezing the Ticker)
would be another bonus.. I WOULD ADD A LOT OF PICTURES RIGHT NOW, IF YOU HAD IT..
IN A MONTH I WOULD MAKE IT THE BIGGEST PHOTO ELVIS GALLERY EVER SEEN,
IN 4 months I haven't added a single picture to your GALLERY (think about WHY?)
If I'm not, for most other fans the incentive isn't also.
ITS THE ACTION OF THAT SLIDE SHOW NEW PICTURE "TICKER" THAT WOULD REALLY CHANGE THINGS.

The picture gallery needs a big make-over also. For one thing you should be able to put THE DATE, THE PLACE, AND A COUPLE OF LINES about
the Photos RIGHT UNDER EACH PICTURE, not add it in some box and then wonder why you can't read it. and NOT SLING IT IN WITH NOTHING !!
(I don't need some-elses opinion of it in the Gallery ~ you can do that in the All Elvis forum.) The Elvis picture should be able to speak for itself
-Pictures without info should be in a seperate area, I don't want to look through a 1000 Mex:Sundial Pics from 1977 and not know which
Concert its from, this loosing of Information has to stop. So lets have a Picture with Information Section, and if its Lost its info
stick it in the Lost Info section, maybe someone can come along and say HEY that belongs in the Info section in this place,
and we have done something thats meaningful with that picture, instead of ignored what its about, Elvis fans love to at least know the year
and place and a story, If we can narrow a picture down to say yes it Vegas 7th Season, and then later update it even more, you should
have that means in the PHOTO GALLERY, We have enough members and 100s of visitors every week, they could all help in sorting out
the PLACE IN ELVIS' HISTORY THIS OR THAT PHOTO BELONGS.

THE SATISFACTION OF PINNING DOWN A PHOTO OR A GROUP OF PICTURES TOGETHER, SHOULD BE PART OF THE FORUM EXPERIENCE
ELVIS PHOTO JUNKIES COULD SPEND HOURS BROWSING THE TIME LINE OF ALL THE ELVIS PHOTOS.

YES I ALSO WANT A TIME LINE FOR THE GALLERY, I'M FOREVER LOOKING AT PICTURES WONDERING WHAT THE HECK WAS HE DOING WHEN
THIS GOT TAKEN, EVEN AFTER OVER 40 YEARS OF COLLECTING, YOU JUST DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH DIFFERENT NEWS SERVICES RUNNING
TO INFORM US ABOUT JUST WHAT ELVIS WAS DOING WITH HIS LIFE IN ENOUGH DETAIL AT THE TIME, THE INFORMATION IS GETTING LOST
FOREVER WITH THE PASSING OF TIME, AS MORE AND MORE PEOPLE THAT HAVE A CONNECTION LEAVE US..

IF THIS GETS STARTED NOW, WE HAVE A CHANCE OF A RESCUE OF ALL THIS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION.
THIS WOULD BE A VERY SERIOUS AND WORTHWHILE PROJECT, BUT IT HAS TO HAVE FAR MORE SUB-SECTIONS
I SUGGEST A YEAR, AND DATE METHOD, SO THAT EVERY THING CAN BE IN A FACTUAL AND CORRECT TIME LINE.

(IT WILL PROBABLY TAKE SOME TIME TO ORGANISE, BUT THE END RESULT - HAS TO BE WORTH IT.
WOULD LOVE TO HELP AS MUCH AS I CAN, BUT ITS YOUR SITE AND YOU HAVE TO DECIDE THE DIRECTION YOU NEED IT TO BE)

SincerELy...... REX

--------------------

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Apr 10 2009, 02:25 PM
Post #40

Administrator
Group Icon

You have some wonderful ideas Rex...and i thank you for them. Some have been thought about many times in the past.....but some are just not available to us...as much as we would want them to be. When this board started we didn't even have a gallery or the option for members to share/upload pictures. So we have come along way since then....although i fully realise that it's by no means perfect.

What you have to bear in mind too....as sad as it is...is that this is forum software. Its not like a standard website where you can simply add almost whatever you want to. All of the Boards sections are controlled through board settings. So if the Invison Gallery doesn't do certain things...we kinda have our hands tied to a certain extent.

The Gallery does have the option to put in information about the picture posted. It has space for the Copyright and plenty of room for putting dates and info. The problem is that you don't see that unless its actually posted with the picture. Many of the people who have posted don't know the dates/ places....so they haven't filled those in when they were uploaded. Also when browsing pictures...you actually have to click on the picture you want to see any info thats been added. It isn't visible when you are just browsing through the gallery from the top menu.

So some things are limited on forums. Thats the same with any board software. You pretty much have to take it for what it is unless you can find modification plug-ins for it. Which is another thing i am searching for.

I agree that the Gallery does need promoting. It is hardly ever used these days which is a shame. It is pretty hidden away...and we will have to think of ways in which to improve this..... (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif) The bigger Galleries on the web are only that big because people have posted in them.....The Gallery is only as good as the members/staff that post in it.

Once again, thanks for your ideas Rex. It's cool that your trying to improve things...and some of what you have suggested i already have in mind to try and make reality. (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

+Quote Post
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2024 - 10:49 PM
Hosted By: ElviCities