Reply to this topic Start new topic
 al strada- how and when did he get in?

memphis 77
post Feb 20 2008, 04:01 PM
Post #1

At The Gates Of Graceland

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 683

over the years i have often wondered about al strada and how he came into the camp, i have wanted to know his story but havn;t come across any lengthy info and just this summer he was on sirius radio talking about the day he found ELVIS dead, but not about how he got into the camp and when , anyone out there got some info on him?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Suspicious Minds
post Feb 20 2008, 04:20 PM
Post #2

Platinum Member

Member No.: 278

I thought Ginger and Joe was the first to find Elvis. No word about Al Strada there on August 16 1977. I have not read Al Strada found Elvis that day.

--------------------
Frank

Every man has a Flaming Star

+Quote Post
tcbndixie
post Feb 20 2008, 05:09 PM
Post #3

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 92

QUOTE (memphis 77 @ Feb 20 2008, 10:01 AM) *
over the years i have often wondered about al strada and how he came into the camp, i have wanted to know his story but havn;t come across any lengthy info and just this summer he was on sirius radio talking about the day he found ELVIS dead, but not about how he got into the camp and when , anyone out there got some info on him?

Memphis...I found this...I don't know alot about him either...Hope this helps...

Al Strada came on the scene in 1972 in California. Elvis hired him to guard the house at night while Priscilla and Lisa Marie were there, and Elvis and the guys were on the road. Elvis liked Al and put him in charge of his wardrobe on tours.

--------------------
Friends Because Of Elvis, Marshie/tcbndixie
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The vision, the myth, the legend...was really just a man...blessed, respected and loved!
Rest in peace sweet friend...rest in peace!
~~~

"...the image is one thing and the human being is another...it's very hard to live up to an image."
Elvis: MSG-NY 1972
~~~
"Long after I'm gone, what I did today will be heard by someone. I just want them to get the best of what I had."
Quote by Elvis Presley
~~~
"...it was like he came along and whispered some dream in everybody's ear, and somehow we all dreamed it."
Quote by Bruce Springsteen about Elvis
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Tupelo is where he was born
Vegas is where he'd perform
The World Stage is where he was known
But Memphis was always his home
Mayor A.C. Wharton/BW 2009

+Quote Post
tcbndixie
post Feb 20 2008, 05:13 PM
Post #4

Down in the Jungle Room

QUOTE (Suspicious Minds @ Feb 20 2008, 10:20 AM) *
I thought Ginger and Joe was the first to find Elvis. No word about Al Strada there on August 16 1977. I have not read Al Strada found Elvis that day.

Frank...When Ginger called down to say that something was wrong with Elvis On Aug 16...Joe E and Al were the first ones upstairs. So, he didn't really find the body...he came up with Joe at Ginger's request...and the rest is history.

--------------------
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The vision, the myth, the legend...was really just a man...blessed, respected and loved!
~~~

"...the image is one thing and the human being is another...it's very hard to live up to an image."
~~~
"Long after I'm gone, what I did today will be heard by someone. I just want them to get the best of what I had."
Quote by Elvis Presley
~~~
"...it was like he came along and whispered some dream in everybody's ear, and somehow we all dreamed it."
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

+Quote Post
Suspicious Minds
post Feb 20 2008, 06:42 PM
Post #5

Platinum Member

QUOTE (tcbndixie @ Feb 20 2008, 07:13 PM) *
Frank...When Ginger called down to say that something was wrong with Elvis On Aug 16...Joe E and Al were the first ones upstairs. So, he didn't really find the body...he came up with Joe at Ginger's request...and the rest is history.

Thanks Marshie. I must read the books I have.

--------------------
Frank

+Quote Post
tcbndixie
post Feb 20 2008, 06:56 PM
Post #6

Down in the Jungle Room

QUOTE (Suspicious Minds @ Feb 20 2008, 12:42 PM) *
Thanks Marshie. I must read the books I have.

LOL!! No problem Frank! It's hard to keep up with what everyone says...as it tends to change from book to book...story to story...person to person!! You would think they could agree on the important topics!!

--------------------
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~~~

~~~
Quote by Elvis Presley
~~~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

+Quote Post
memphis 77
post Feb 21 2008, 04:53 PM
Post #7

many thanx for the info.

--------------------

+Quote Post
tcbndixie
post Feb 24 2008, 05:03 AM
Post #8

Down in the Jungle Room

QUOTE (Suspicious Minds @ Feb 20 2008, 10:20 AM) *

Frank, I was watching some news clips that I have from Aug 16-17, 1977 and the first person to be interviewed was Joe E with Charlie H...I think it was...you would think I could remember since I just watched it an hour ago! Anyway, Joe told the reporter that he had gone up to talk to Elvis and found him lying dead on the bed...the reporter ask on the bed? And Joe says yes. Now, why would Joe say that? Do you think that he was just so overcome with grief that he didn't know what he was saying? Maybe he thought he would try to protect Ginger?!?

Now, I remember that Ginger gave an interview shortly after this to clear it up that Joe had not FOUND the body that she had after she woke up and after being on the phone for 30-45 minutes she realized that Elvis wasn't in bed and she remembered that he had gone in the bath/dressing room to read about 8AM or so. She said she called downstairs around 2PM I think and Joe and Al came up and the body was on the bathroom floor.

I didn't realize that the conflicting stories started that soon after his death...but it was only hours after they reported it was a heart attack that they reported the Memphis police was investigating a drug overdose and then awhile later the police denied this also. Also, remember the time line was off adding to the theroy that it was someone else's body because Elvis had been seen getting the newspaper and signing for a letter. I wonder if Elvis ever signed for a letter or got a newspaper?!? My...my...those stories did sell a lot of book tho! Sad thing is ...we probably own most of them! LOL!!

I haven't read too many book lately...but I'm wondering if anyone else wrote that Joe found the body on the bed? I
had heard years ago that they moved the body from the bathroom to the bedroom...but can't remember where I heard it. There are still so many questions that will probably never be answered...amd still we wonder...

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I had totally forgotten about this interview with Joe until I watched it again today. That's probably what you were remembering...so you were right too! I guess we can all be right with the way their stories change!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

--------------------
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~~~

~~~
Quote by Elvis Presley
~~~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

+Quote Post
Suspicious Minds
post Feb 24 2008, 10:44 AM
Post #9

Platinum Member

Thanks Marshie.

The story I have always read is Elvis was found in the bathroom not on the bed.
For someone who knew Elvis like Joe did most of his working life to get the report of finding Elvis wrong.
I suppose death upsets people in different ways.

--------------------
Frank

+Quote Post
memphis 77
post Feb 26 2008, 04:02 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Suspicious Minds @ Feb 24 2008, 11:44 AM) *
Thanks Marshie.

The story I have always read is Elvis was found in the bathroom not on the bed.
For someone who knew Elvis like Joe did most of his working life to get the report of finding Elvis wrong.
I suppose death upsets people in different ways.

the day it happenned joe had said to reporters that he found ELVIS dead in bed , with charlie right there with him , charlie didn't correct joe , i think they wanted to protect his image once again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Suspicious Minds
post Feb 26 2008, 05:49 PM
Post #11

Platinum Member

QUOTE (memphis 77 @ Feb 26 2008, 06:02 PM) *
the day it happenned joe had said to reporters that he found ELVIS dead in bed , with charlie right there with him , charlie didn't correct joe , i think they wanted to protect his image once again.

If this is true then why have we been mislead all these years?
Most biography's has the Elvis found in bathroom story.
I don't know who is wrong here.
Maybe the writers for not getting their research right in the first place.
This is why I started a thread Time For a New True Biography.

--------------------
Frank

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 02:26 PM
Hosted By: ElviCities