New homepage

NightRider
post Oct 17 2009, 09:39 AM
Post #1

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

We have a new homepage on TKC. I have a few plans in store for that section of the site...but first i would like to hear your opinions on the new layout etc...thanks in advance (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

http://www.elvis-tkc.com/index.html

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
REX
post Oct 17 2009, 10:42 AM
Post #2

Platinum Member

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 21,960

Hi Chris...

Below I have shown your New... and a Re-vamped Version.

(IMG:http://www.elvis-tkc.com/forums/uploads/1255774892/gallery_21960_42_166856.jpg)

*The HOME listing line....
Just shows you what you are already looking at. It doesn't link any place.. SO NOT REALLY NEEDED.

*TKC FORUM AND LINKS
I just feel the Elvis forum should rate in importance
above the other Links !

*LINKS and Order
One Click to all the Elvis forums.. has to be much better.. and you have listed all the Elvis sections. GREAT.

*NEW HOME PAGE
if you come onto TKC via this route, this is a fine way of reaching the area you want first.

Drawback
Once into the Forums, and wishing to move onto a different area...
You tend to end up at site Navigation. Which is also a place to list these same links...
(OK Chris I know... changing this area is much harder... Sorry.)

EARLIER HOME SCREEN.
I really liked the Classy Black TTWII ~ Elvis sitting waiting for us.
Wouldn't mind seeing the NEW LINK COLUMN INFO set into this screen (?)

EXTRA INFO
should be placed below the Elvis TKC forums I feel,
we haven't come onto this Forum, to go to a different forum, you would do that at the end.. if you wished.
also the LINK line, has no links... (I have a list of things I would like to put in this line!)

THANKS "CHRIS" FOR ALL THE HARD WORK AND TIME YOU HAVE PUT INTO THIS SO FAR

I ADMIRE THE FACT YOU ARE SO WILLING TO KEEP TKC AS UP-TO-DATE AS POSSIBLE.

--------------------

+Quote Post
charlierogers
post Oct 17 2009, 10:50 AM
Post #3

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 22,212
From: Ontario Canada - Home of Collingwood Elvis Festival

Wow Quite the Change to wake up to in the morning

Love that it has the blues matching the forum
Love the straight forward lay out
Best part - love that you have given "J"'s jumpsuit section a heading (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

(n.b. - miss the picture)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mags
post Oct 17 2009, 11:07 AM
Post #4

At The Gates Of Graceland

Member No.: 2,036

I really like it Chris, well done, and thanks loads for the link to TMAHM web site..that was a nice surprise (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy2.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Suspicious Minds
post Oct 17 2009, 11:49 AM
Post #5

Platinum Member

Member No.: 278

I like the new home page.
I have not seen the Elvis photo before.
Does that mean we have to open sections through the home page?

--------------------
Frank

Every man has a Flaming Star

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Oct 17 2009, 01:33 PM
Post #6

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (Suspicious Minds @ Oct 17 2009, 12:49 PM) *
I like the new home page.
I have not seen the Elvis photo before.
Does that mean we have to open sections through the home page?

No...you don't have to. They are just there if you want to use them.

Thanks for the responses so far...appreciated. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

Rex, the "home" link is there as i want to add many more pages to the site over time...so you will find that handy once i have built more. There is a link to the homepage on TKC...Very top left "The Kings Court" will take you back to the homepage....again...if you want to use those shortcuts. I am planning to add more links ( as you have suggested ) in the next day or so.

Nightrider Designs and the other links are important to me and to the forum too. So i will leave those separate to the forum links. Ideas i have at the moment are members in the spotlight ( small photo with info about that member). A links page to friends of TKC. Possibly a special section for anything such as concert reviews & photos. All ideas at the moment.....but i want to improve the website part of the forum.

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Oct 17 2009, 01:38 PM
Post #7

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (Mags @ Oct 17 2009, 12:07 PM) *
I really like it Chris, well done, and thanks loads for the link to TMAHM web site..that was a nice surprise (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy2.gif)

A pleasure Mags. The least i can do. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

+Quote Post
REX
post Oct 17 2009, 02:54 PM
Post #8

Platinum Member

QUOTE (NightRider @ Oct 17 2009, 02:33 PM) *
Thanks for the responses so far...appreciated. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

Rex, the "home" link is there as i want to add many more pages to the site over time...so you will find that handy once i have built more.
Will look forward to the Extra developments

There is a link to the homepage on TKC...Very top left "The Kings Court" will take you back to the homepage....again...
Yes I'm aware of that link... Just that I find THE SITE NAVIGATION PAGE... sort of Homely.. it has the number of Visitors/Guests and names of the members on the site, + the Random 8 pictures - its a place to rest after working on a few posts~topics. !

if you want to use those shortcuts. I am planning to add more links ( as you have suggested ) in the next day or so.
We have a small but active set of Members, working away at Elvis ARTWORK projects... that always gets a fair bit of interest from other members~ maybe a Link could be added for them also (?)

Nightrider Designs and the other links are important to me and to the forum too. So i will leave those separate to the forum links.

Ideas i have at the moment are members in the spotlight ( small photo with info about that member).
Before you do that....
YOU SHOULD BE FEATURED.... NIGHTRIDER-CHRIS
when visiting a new site I always wonder who is responsible for the site?
who took the giant step of faith to invest so much time to make the site what it has become.
ELVIS TKC SITE DEVELOPED BY = ( ) with a little info about yourself.
ELVIS TKC SITE originates from + ? in a GMT Time zone.!
First Opened its Doors on =
History and Aims of Elvis TKC =
Future aims - Promoting Archiving Elvis etc.,

A links page to friends of TKC.
Can a link be a Neutral Site? (not unfriendly) but a site that is useful for Elvis Material-Images, in developing an Elvis topic ?
Also some Non-Elvis sites are useful, say in Photobucket, you can add special effects, make banners and re-edit using special custom Editing..
--- they also often have Images that can be used to Highlight a layout in an Elvis topic. (I don't use them for storing photos anymore)

For info KEITH FLYNNS site has much of interest... I would guess you have that one Flagged up already ?
Has CHRIS GILES - London Elvis shop been dropped now? (because its commercial!?)
Shouldn't we have a link to EPE~Graceland ? (only if its free, and they have no say in your Elvis TKC Chris)
Many members float between the other sites.. like FECC and TCB World and EPPGold etc., they like to browse whats happening
----- without the hassle of adding anything... (I can see this might be tricky!)

Possibly a special section for anything such as concert reviews & photos. All ideas at the moment.....
OK the photo Gallery needs a special THEMED Section.. I recently ran a lot of new topics...
THE LAST VACATION... I really didn't want all the images in Late 1970s candids.. so in the members gallery I opened a special Album for it
--as the topic is not quite completed, the Album is Locked "Private" when the topic is finished... I can unlock it... if we had a THEMED PHOTO
--section, it could be moved into this area. -
--Another topic has been Elvis' Bad Hand.. basically a KARATE TOPIC but with a reason and Theme to it.. Most of my images for this are in a
Locked Private Album "Pot Pouri".. a lot of images are available.. which shouldn't be in the Early 70s Candids Photo area (its 1974)

Also these Feature Topics, should be archived to a new CANDID ELVIS EXPERIENCE area- once they are completed.
I can think of lots more Special Elvis Candid Experience topics that weave info and images together.

but i want to improve the website part of the forum.

Don't want to bury you with ideas CHRIS.... so I will stop for now.. SincerELy.... REX

--------------------

+Quote Post
J
post Oct 17 2009, 04:11 PM
Post #9

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 363

One word for you, Chris; KOOL! It's great that you keep the forum's outlook fresh and modern... you obviously have a very good eye for such things, as this is without a doubt the most professional looking Elvis forum on the net... far from the tacky or a tad "simple" style that so many are.

....And just when I thought anything couldn't be better here design/outlook-wise, BAM, there comes the new, great looking upgraded homepage. A pleasant surprise it was, too. You're hard work is greatly appreciated!

+Quote Post
pacer1965
post Oct 17 2009, 10:42 PM
Post #10

Platinum Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 16

Looking good Chris.I love the blue.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy2.gif) unfortunately I don't use this page much.When people are looking for TKC is this the page they first see?

I like Rex's idea about you being featured Chris.It's always nice to hear about someone who runs a website.Makes it feel more friendly to me

Thanks
Lorraine

--------------------
See How They Shine,Oh If You Need A Friend,I'm Sailing Right Behind

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Oct 18 2009, 10:39 AM
Post #11

Administrator
Group Icon

Thanks for the feedback everyone...keep watching in the coming days.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Oct 18 2009, 01:49 PM
Post #12

Platinum Member

Member No.: 6

Bravo Chris...as always you surprise us with some new design /layout out of the 'blues'

Kudos to Rex as well for being so full of ideas......although he should calm down a bit lol (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

--------------------
I'd rather go on hearing your lies....than smell your armpits son
Atlanta - December 30th 1976

+Quote Post
REX
post Oct 18 2009, 02:14 PM
Post #13

Platinum Member

QUOTE (Gordon @ Oct 18 2009, 02:49 PM) *
Bravo Chris...as always you surprise us with some new design /layout out of the 'blues'

Kudos to Rex as well for being so full of ideas......although he should calm down a bit lol (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Ahhh Gordon... a chance to chat to you once again...

It was TOM DISKIN that said to some USA friends I was TOO Fanatical.. (Late 1970s)
so nothings changed MUCH...

I do have a lie down sometimes.... (?)

Anyway who else would run a topic on the 1960s MALTA FAN CLUBS ?
Or the old Regal cinema in Evesham (for Chris)

In august I kept thinking of you, due to many different Flower Displays thru ELVIS WEEK...
... from MALTA FANS and MALTA FAN CLUBS... I seem to see more Malta than any other country

Do you know the fans, Fan Clubs concerned? will you need to check out with the family..
Do a quick journey search of the Island.... they seem to be a very active bunch......

I did stop Half Way... on my Ideas...
It comes from LIVING, SLEEPING AND BREATHING ELVIS for most of my Life.

(Its just a Conceptional Plan, and Archetype Pattern, by an Individual, of things to be Aimed at, thus creating a Plan of Action !)

Thanks to carrying on Tramping around the Elvis TKC Yard "Gordon"..
You are after all one of the Starters, Supporters, and Originators of this forum... WELL DONE for all your posts !

--------------------

+Quote Post
phyllisnelvis
post Oct 19 2009, 01:12 AM
Post #14

Aboard N880EP

Member No.: 11,733

simply marvelous, love the blue, my fav color. The shortcuts are ideal.

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Oct 19 2009, 05:38 AM
Post #15

Administrator
Group Icon

Thanks again !

Have worked on some of the other pages...a few days and i will upload more online.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

+Quote Post
C.C.Rider
post Oct 19 2009, 12:17 PM
Post #16

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Member No.: 66

Love it Chris !! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

--------------------
Regards Shaun

Bruce Springsteen
He was as big as the whole country itself, as big as the whole dream. He just embodied the essence of it and he was in mortal combat with the thing. Nothing will ever take the place of that guy.

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Oct 19 2009, 07:32 PM
Post #17

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (C.C.Rider @ Oct 19 2009, 01:17 PM) *

Thanks Shaun (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

+Quote Post
Jordans-Elvis-Wo...
post Oct 20 2009, 12:13 AM
Post #18

ElviCities International
Group Icon

Member No.: 262

Very classy, and pro design!
Great work!

One word (You know what's coming m8): AWESOME!

--------------------
Sincerely,
Jordan

**Please send all tech support requests to: tech@elvicities.com with a detailed report explaining the issue.**

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Oct 20 2009, 05:53 AM
Post #19

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jordans-Elvis-World @ Oct 20 2009, 01:13 AM) *
Very classy, and pro design!
Great work!

One word (You know what's coming m8): AWESOME!

Thanks m8 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Oct 20 2009, 06:49 PM
Post #20

Platinum Member

Member No.: 6

QUOTE (REX @ Oct 18 2009, 04:14 PM) *
Ahhh Gordon... a chance to chat to you once again...

It was TOM DISKIN that said to some USA friends I was TOO Fanatical.. (Late 1970s)
so nothings changed MUCH...

I do have a lie down sometimes.... (?)

Anyway who else would run a topic on the 1960s MALTA FAN CLUBS ?
Or the old Regal cinema in Evesham (for Chris)

In august I kept thinking of you, due to many different Flower Displays thru ELVIS WEEK...
... from MALTA FANS and MALTA FAN CLUBS... I seem to see more Malta than any other country

Do you know the fans, Fan Clubs concerned? will you need to check out with the family..
Do a quick journey search of the Island.... they seem to be a very active bunch......

I did stop Half Way... on my Ideas...
It comes from LIVING, SLEEPING AND BREATHING ELVIS for most of my Life.

(Its just a Conceptional Plan, and Archetype Pattern, by an Individual, of things to be Aimed at, thus creating a Plan of Action !)

Thanks to carrying on Tramping around the Elvis TKC Yard "Gordon"..
You are after all one of the Starters, Supporters, and Originators of this forum... WELL DONE for all your posts !

Thanks REX.

you are a lively dude, and we want you that way (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I know about one fan club in Malta, but they tend to love impersonators, which I don't, and that is why I have stayed away from it until now.

Chris: just in case you have not heard/read it before: AWESOME!

--------------------
I'd rather go on hearing your lies....than smell your armpits son
Atlanta - December 30th 1976

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:17 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities