Reply to this topic Start new topic
 Elvis: All the King's Men

Lindsaygirl
post Nov 18 2008, 01:45 PM
Post #1

Elvis Presley Blvd

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 646

The final years of Elvis Presley's life have been described by many who were not a part of his inner circle. His painful struggles with drug addiction and obesity have been repeatedly parodied, nearly always by those with little regard for Presley's private pain. During this video, the fifth in a six-tape set, five of Presley's former employees and confidants sit down and share their memories of his last years. Often referred to as the "Memphis Mafia," these men spent countless hours at Graceland with Presley, providing him with the sense of family he kept craving after his divorce and his mother's death. The stories they tell touch on the role Colonel Tom Parker played in Presley's life, drug use at Graceland, and Presley's ongoing dreams about keeping his career alive. ~ Elizabeth Smith, All Movie Guide

How good is this movie??? Not a fan of the memphis mafia butl will give everything a try once.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kissmequick
post Nov 18 2008, 06:16 PM
Post #2

At The Gates Of Graceland

Member No.: 421

Good or Bad, if it is really the truth...
Truth is what we get when all the BS walks out. Even if there are things we really don't like that Elvis did, or they say he did, it doesn't take away from how we feel about him as The Greatest Entertainer Ever. He was human like us and imperfect. That's what makes him even more of SuperStar, he rose like a Phoenix from the ashes. No matter what bad has been said, Elvis still shines as the brightest star does at night.

Let them talk, they are older now and I believe will be kinder to his memory. They too will come face to face with the Almighty Judge.

--------------------

"The man who can sing when he hasn't got a thing is the King, of the whole wide world."

+Quote Post
Guest_Bradley_*
post Nov 18 2008, 08:54 PM
Post #3

Guests

If you are asking if its worth getting then the answer to me anyways is YES.

I love watching documentaries about Elvis, and like what they say or not, its enjoyable to watch, especially the good times they talk about like the Hollywood years the parties, and all that kind of stuff. I would get it if you haven't already !

+Quote Post
GuitarMan66
post Nov 19 2008, 01:55 AM
Post #4

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 9

Id say YES to..I have seen a couple of these tapes and the guys stories and sentiments seem true enough..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Bradley_*
post Nov 19 2008, 04:44 AM
Post #5

Guests

QUOTE (Pacer @ Nov 19 2008, 01:55 AM) *
Id say YES to..I have seen a couple of these tapes and the guys stories and sentiments seem true enough..

Agreed steve...was a sight to see old Lamar gettin choked up...the only one I really can say I don't care for much is marty lacker..he just comes across as a hateful old man..and has to think he was the most important and knows everything...just annoys me..and how he goes on about how much he dislikes or disliked Priscilla is so annoying it was like he was jealous fighting wiht priscilla over Elvis..and Elvis in the later years from what i read didnt care for having Marty around because he just brought Elvis down...

+Quote Post
kissmequick
post Nov 19 2008, 10:11 PM
Post #6

At The Gates Of Graceland

Member No.: 421

I'm really enjoying this thread the posts have been as inspiring as the documentary would be!

--------------------

"The man who can sing when he hasn't got a thing is the King, of the whole wide world."

+Quote Post
Lindsaygirl
post Nov 19 2008, 10:22 PM
Post #7

Elvis Presley Blvd

QUOTE (Bradley @ Nov 18 2008, 11:44 PM) *
Agreed steve...was a sight to see old Lamar gettin choked up...the only one I really can say I don't care for much is marty lacker..he just comes across as a hateful old man..and has to think he was the most important and knows everything...just annoys me..and how he goes on about how much he dislikes or disliked Priscilla is so annoying it was like he was jealous fighting wiht priscilla over Elvis..and Elvis in the later years from what i read didnt care for having Marty around because he just brought Elvis down...

Agreed about marty. He seem's to have alot of hate inside of him for reasons l don't know, but its really boring hearing some complain so much. Red I really enjoy out the whole bunch of them for the simple reason he been staying out and doing his own thing. I really enjoyed that movie he was in called glory days as something like that??.

--------------------

+Quote Post
GuitarMan66
post Nov 20 2008, 02:25 AM
Post #8

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 9

QUOTE (Lindsaygirl @ Nov 19 2008, 10:22 PM) *
Agreed about marty. He seem's to have alot of hate inside of him for reasons l don't know, but its really boring hearing some complain so much. Red I really enjoy out the whole bunch of them for the simple reason he been staying out and doing his own thing. I really enjoyed that movie he was in called glory days as something like that??.

Gotta say my favourite movie with Red West in is..RoadHouse..starring Patrick Swayze..love that movie..(IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lindsaygirl
post Nov 20 2008, 08:11 PM
Post #9

Elvis Presley Blvd

QUOTE (Pacer @ Nov 19 2008, 09:25 PM) *
Gotta say my favourite movie with Red West in is..RoadHouse..starring Patrick Swayze..love that movie..(IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I can't believe l forgot the movie. I was in love with patrick swayze (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th September 2024 - 09:29 PM
Hosted By: ElviCities