Reply to this topic Start new topic
 Elvis is back in the building — the hologram version

dennyelvis
post Jun 7 2012, 11:11 AM
Post #1

At The Gates Of Graceland

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 64

Elvis Presley is still dead, but he's making some comeback performances soon ...........

.Digital Domain Media Group, creator of the "holographic" Tupac Shakur at Coachella, has announced an exclusive deal with the Core Media Group to jointly produce a series of "virtual" Elvis likenesses for a range of entertainment projects.
According to Digital Domain, a visual effects company that also has worked on such films as The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Tron: Legacy and X-Men: First Class, the virtual Elvis will soon be seen in film, on television and in other venues. Concerts appear to be a clear possibility. Digital Domain says it will announce soon where audiences can expect to see the first virtual Elvis performances.

Like the much-hyped Tupac Shakur hologram that debuted at the Coachella music festival, Elvis Presley will get the virtual treatment by the same company that made the late rapper's lifelike hologram.

Digital Domain Media Group announced Wednesday it is creating a Presley hologram for shows, film, TV and other projects worldwide, including appearances. They've gotten the OK from Elvis Presley Enterprises.

The King of Rock 'n' Roll remains one of the most popular figures in music despite his death in 1977.

No word on when hologram Elvis will make its official debut. Digital Domain is linking with Core Media Group, which handles various brands, personalities and properties.

A thought on this .......... if they do recreate a truly believable Elvisogram, would they use the original concert backing, or do something on the ELVISTHECONCERT lines, his restored voice and an actual band playing live ? ...... could be a thrilling concept, for us who never saw him live ?

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dennyelvis
post Jun 8 2012, 09:28 AM
Post #2

At The Gates Of Graceland

Member No.: 64

No one have ANY thoughts on this ? man its quiet on here ...........

--------------------

+Quote Post
JohanD
post Jun 8 2012, 07:30 PM
Post #3

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19

I have a double feeling about this..

The Tupac thing was very well done, but on the other hand it was so real it got a bit creepy..

I just woud love to see EP live, at least once in my life, and this will be the closest thing.
It's the following up to the screen show.
But i don't know how i should react once he stands before me lifelike.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Antje
post Jun 8 2012, 08:46 PM
Post #4

Elvis Presley Blvd

Member No.: 22,643

I actually have the same Idea as Johan does, it is kinda weird looking at a person who is not with us anymore,
but you can't get any closer to the real thing

--------------------
Frankly my dear I don't give a damn

http://members.home.nl/alberdaf/glamouracecollies/

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:01 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities