+Quote Post
pacer1965
post Mar 30 2010, 11:10 PM
Post #22

Platinum Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 16

I'm still about Shaun (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) although I'm more quiet than I am usually due to some family problems.When I'm worried I'm not very talkative.I apologize to everyone for that.

I have noticed it is very quiet on here though Neil.Which does concern me alot.I can't remember it being this bad.

TCE
Lorraine

--------------------
See How They Shine,Oh If You Need A Friend,I'm Sailing Right Behind

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Batman
post Mar 30 2010, 11:32 PM
Post #23

Aboard N880EP

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 3,686

Hi Lorraine all members knwo there are things going on in the background with peoples personal lives the post wasnt aimed so much at the team as they do a great job it was just a comment about it being so quiet we have seen many quiet times in the past but i dont remember naythign like it has been of late

--------------------
"Too the Batmobile let's go !!!!!"

+Quote Post
First In Line
post Mar 31 2010, 12:58 AM
Post #24

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 82

Well.....we could all just jump ship and become Michael Jackson fans? lol Just kidding. I think when it concerns Elvis everything has been discussed. I know there's alot of stuff to talk about but eventually it becomes old news. I admit that I have lost alot of interest in Elvis. By no means does it mean I no longer like the guy or am less of a fan, there's just nothing to get me excited about. I hardly ever post on here anymore (or any other forum for that matter) but I always check them out on a daily basis. Even if this forum goes completely quiet I hope it will still be here. I was also a member on Kenny's old forum and needless to say made friends over there as well. When this forum came into being I continued to make more friends here. I will always be grateful for that and I am sure I'll pick up more friends in the future on here. I would love to see more activity on here but I don't think that's going to happen. Not because people are just refusing to post but because "what's left to talk about"?

--------------------

Matt

+Quote Post
charlierogers
post Mar 31 2010, 11:16 AM
Post #25

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Member No.: 22,212
From: Ontario Canada - Home of Collingwood Elvis Festival

QUOTE (Matt @ Mar 31 2010, 01:58 AM) *
Well.....we could all just jump ship and become Michael Jackson fans?

try not to use the mj word would you please Matt???.......I have to eat my breakfast soon

--------------------

+Quote Post
C.C.Rider
post Mar 31 2010, 12:23 PM
Post #26

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Member No.: 66

QUOTE (Gordon @ Mar 30 2010, 09:25 PM) *
Shaun, I appreciate you mentioned my name...that means you still remember me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

You are very welcome Gordon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

--------------------
Regards Shaun

Bruce Springsteen
He was as big as the whole country itself, as big as the whole dream. He just embodied the essence of it and he was in mortal combat with the thing. Nothing will ever take the place of that guy.

+Quote Post
JohanD
post Mar 31 2010, 01:11 PM
Post #27

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Member No.: 19

It's an up en down thing... on every forum, it's always been this way, it will be stronger again too...

--------------------

+Quote Post
First In Line
post Mar 31 2010, 01:52 PM
Post #28

Down in the Jungle Room

QUOTE (charlierogers @ Mar 31 2010, 07:16 AM) *
try not to use the mj word would you please Matt???.......I have to eat my breakfast soon

lol, sorry, it was a sick joke lol

--------------------

Matt

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Mar 31 2010, 04:56 PM
Post #29

Platinum Member

Member No.: 6

@Rex...any 'Maltese' connection to the real Elvis is interesting to me...so thanks...did not know that. I also came across something in the Today in History book that one of his movies (I think it was viva Las Vegas) was banned on the island for some time.

Your posts are sure interesting, but sometimes I give up..not because of your style, but as I said, I cannot bare reading on a pc..uit has become a sort of phobia.

@ Neil: yes mate...long time no speak....I have disappeared (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) - hope we can catch up...haven't spoken to Kenny in ages too!!

@ Matt: MJ? ... you sick son of a gun!

btw, I like the idea of opening up the forum for everyone for a very limited time.

--------------------
I'd rather go on hearing your lies....than smell your armpits son
Atlanta - December 30th 1976

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Mar 31 2010, 06:58 PM
Post #30

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

Does seem quiet...but we always seem to have ups and downs. At least the thread got a few of you posting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking0001.gif)

Personally i have just been too busy with other things....which is most unusual for me. I usually make time for TKC whatever i am doing. But the last couple of days..really haven't had the time....looked in a couple of times...but thats about it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

+Quote Post
First In Line
post Mar 31 2010, 07:18 PM
Post #31

Down in the Jungle Room

QUOTE (Gordon @ Mar 31 2010, 12:56 PM) *
@ Matt: MJ? ... you sick son of a gun!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

--------------------

Matt

+Quote Post
SweetCaroline
post Apr 1 2010, 04:30 AM
Post #32

Elvis Presley Blvd

Member No.: 8,022

I am here. Just popping in and out as life allows me....which is more sometimes and less others. Often I get so enthralled with reading Rex's wonderful threads that all my extra time is taken up just reading, absorbing, enjoying them. He often covers all the bases on a particular subject so very very throughly that there is not much I can add except a "thank you." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
C.C.Rider
post Apr 1 2010, 12:22 PM
Post #33

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

QUOTE (SweetCaroline @ Apr 1 2010, 05:30 AM) *
He often covers all the bases on a particular subject so very very throughly that there is not much I can add except a "thank you." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Well put. Applies to many of us i would think (IMG:style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif)

--------------------
Regards Shaun

Bruce Springsteen
He was as big as the whole country itself, as big as the whole dream. He just embodied the essence of it and he was in mortal combat with the thing. Nothing will ever take the place of that guy.

+Quote Post
Ryan2919
post Apr 2 2010, 01:31 AM
Post #34

Listening to Elvis

Member No.: 7,763

When I first joined this site (Jan 08) I was using it completely for the sake of reference, just reading topics, searching for one thing or another etc. I think Rex's Library analogy is a good one, and it would certainly apply to me for the first year I was a member, maybe even a little more than that. From early 07 I was posting exclusively on FECC, aside from one or two posts on TCB World which I didnt continue with after being hasstled by members of that site who disagreed with my posts, but let's say, didn't know how to voice that disagreement.

This wouldnt usually have been enough to stop me posting but there seemed to be a culture of ignorance on that site among some members who just wouldn't accept facts when they were presented to them. If they had thought something else was true in the past then they were going to stick with it no matter what. -- I expect a great many people on this site have had this problem at one point or another. Just off the top of my head I remember Rex had a hard time trying to enlighten people on other sites (think tcb world and fecc) over the correct date of the Aloha press conference in Vegas.
That can be really frustrating. One of the reasons I enjoy posting on TKC is that it happens very infrequently.

It's always a positive thing though to have a free exchange of views and have open suggestions, that way everybody improves their understanding of an event, of any facts and figures etc. Often it's not always clear what the answer is so you need to have the in depth discussion. What I was talking about before was just people denying the obvious, that's a very different thing I think.

Anyway, with regards to TKC, I became a lot more interested in the site after Rex joined, not only because of the undeniably superb quality of his posts, which are more like historical analysis and documentation as far as I'm concerned, but also because of the changes to the site that followed as a direct result. Others must have felt the same as the whole site became more lively. The increased activity led me to start posting topics on the site, mainly centered around my special interest in Elvis footagel. When I started I wasn't sure what kind of response I would get but it has all been positive which I am grateful for. When I started them I had in my mind a slightly more colaborative element in the topics with people passing round info. It seems though that the majority of people on the site aren't big footage enthusiasts and so the colaborative element can only go so far. That's fine of course,(we can't all be crazy!) Im perfectly happy making the topics as detailed as possible just from what I have gathered myself and afterwards implementing extra info from others, it's just a slightly different angle of approaching it. I will definitely continue with them (hopefully more often than of late) as I think it's an area that is sometimes neglected on websites.

With all that said though, I would like to diversify a bit, and make topics on other areas aside from footage. I do have a couple of topics lined up that I hope will be informative and offer something new as I always strive for, but herein lies one of the reasons I do not post as much as I would like. At 17 years old in a practical sense, I simply dont have a collection of pictures, news paper cuttings, etc etc the size and scope that others have compiled over decades. Because of this I feel that I could only scratch the surface of certain topics and would just not do them justice.

I think that one possible area for improvement could be in members asking more questions. Even if you feel that you cannot add anything yourself, there may be something you would like to know that isnt mentioned but the person who opened the topic or somebody else posting might know the answer to. Anything from -- Where did Elvis get that shirt? to Where did he go for lunch? it's all valuable and can take topics on interesting paths that nobody would have originally expected.

In an immediate sense, I doubt I will be posting much for the next few days as I am on holiday in sunny Camp de Mar on the Spanish island of Majorca and will be until next Friday. The internet connection I have here is extremely slow. When it's working, which is only about a quarter of the time I have breakneck speeds of between 20-50 kbps (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) That's even worse than dial up internet was years ago. Ah well, here's hoping I will have at least some time to check in over the next week or so.

+Quote Post
J
post Apr 2 2010, 07:57 AM
Post #35

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 363

I consider there to be three "main forums" in the Elvis world... and you're very right in what you say Ryan, that the 'other two' are notorious for their "know-it-all" members who put everyone down who's not as "smart" as they are, and who won't take no for an answer when they think they're right... even if they aren't... and that's the main reason I've completely stopped visiting TCB... on FECC I visit, but only for reading and to get in touch with certain people via PM's...

As for "where is everyone", I'm still here... on daily basis... but you have to remember that I'm not the most active poster... and have never been. I feel that if I don't have anything worth saying, I don't like to "force" myself posting. Although even when I do post they're sometimes pretty worthless... but I try. ..... I have to admit too, though, that it was rather hard to get start posting when I first came here... I felt like the majority of the people here were such good friends that if I'd post something I'd get in someone's way so to speak... obviously it has all changed by now but I can certainly understand if it's hard for new members to get started. Without a doubt this turned out to be the best forum for me so I'm glad "got over it".

+Quote Post
The Batman
post Apr 2 2010, 11:01 AM
Post #36

Aboard N880EP

Member No.: 3,686

TKC has alway been the best forum there is for info, pix ect how member where in general and for games too I have see many ups and downs since it first started but it just seemed to me like it had come to a stand still. Im not the best poster in the world and never confess to being but i do try like everyone else i suposse. i used to post on all the forums like many members did but many where not friendly enough to continue posting

--------------------
"Too the Batmobile let's go !!!!!"

+Quote Post
tcbndixie
post Apr 14 2010, 03:57 AM
Post #37

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 92

I love TKC and I miss visiting daily like I did for years! First major family problems (thanks for your prayers and kind words), then for nearly a year we have been raising my 18 mo old great-niece (we are probably too old to be raising another baby! LOL!), then hubby retired (major change!) and just last month I have been having trouble with my shoulder and arm and hand going numb and my PC time has been limited because of pain.

Hopefully, soon I will be able to get back to regular visits 'cause I miss you guys like crazy. There is so much to read and so many yummy pics to drool over!! LOL!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

Thanks to all who make this a great place to share our love for Elvis!! It's also a great place to make friends who all are just as crazy about 'the man'!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif) I hope we will all be able to meet-up one day in Paradise, Tennessee known to non believers as Memphis! LOL!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

--------------------
Friends Because Of Elvis, Marshie/tcbndixie
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The vision, the myth, the legend...was really just a man...blessed, respected and loved!
Rest in peace sweet friend...rest in peace!
~~~

"...the image is one thing and the human being is another...it's very hard to live up to an image."
Elvis: MSG-NY 1972
~~~
"Long after I'm gone, what I did today will be heard by someone. I just want them to get the best of what I had."
Quote by Elvis Presley
~~~
"...it was like he came along and whispered some dream in everybody's ear, and somehow we all dreamed it."
Quote by Bruce Springsteen about Elvis
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Tupelo is where he was born
Vegas is where he'd perform
The World Stage is where he was known
But Memphis was always his home
Mayor A.C. Wharton/BW 2009

+Quote Post
U.S. Male
post Apr 14 2010, 04:46 AM
Post #38

At The Gates Of Graceland

Member No.: 1,973

Hey I'm right here....can you see me jumping up & down!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

I'll even take my shirt off and run through the photo gallery screaming like a wild banshee ..Howlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif)

--------------------

"I'm gonna leave your head like the shape of a stamp"

+Quote Post
charlierogers
post Apr 14 2010, 11:34 AM
Post #39

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Member No.: 22,212
From: Ontario Canada - Home of Collingwood Elvis Festival

Just got back from a morning of fishing......caught 2......now for breakfast

some really great pictures added the last few days - thanks everyone (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post
C.C.Rider
post Apr 14 2010, 12:22 PM
Post #40

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

QUOTE (U.S. Male @ Apr 14 2010, 05:46 AM) *
Hey I'm right here....can you see me jumping up & down!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

I'll even take my shirt off and run through the photo gallery screaming like a wild banshee ..Howlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif)

I tried that once. Killed my Moobs for like, days !! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif)

--------------------
Regards Shaun

Bruce Springsteen

+Quote Post
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th September 2024 - 09:14 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities