Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

April FTDs

dennyelvis
post Mar 28 2012, 09:43 AM
Post #1

At The Gates Of Graceland

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 64

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/dennyelvis/ftds-apr-2012.jpg)

By the end of the month of April, FTD will provide a new CD, book and vinyl album:

“ANOTHER SATURDAY NIGHT”

If one place is to be picked as the most important in the career of Elvis Presley, it is without doubt Shreveport in the northwest part of Louisiana. The exposure that Elvis got through the radio broadcast of The Louisiana Hayride in 1954-56 was one of the key factors of establishing the early part of his career. With the exception of Las Vegas, there is no place where Elvis played more shows, and his return to the city in 1975 was like a homecoming to both Elvis and the many fans he had there since he started out. We have chosen to release the soundboard from the evening show of June 7 – definitely a show that Elvis and the audience truly enjoy, and with a great set list featuring old and new favourites. The CD comes in a 5” digipack with an eight-page booklet featuring photos from the June 1975 tour.

“WELCOME HOME ELVIS 1960”

Flaming Star, in collaboration with FTD, publishes a 260 pages book about the vital weeks in 1960 where Elvis regained control over his career. The format is the same as the well-known FTD book format (KING CREOLE-THE MUSIC and A MOMENT IN TIME). The book includes: More than 300 photos, many of them previously unpublished, text by David English and a CD with the original mono master for “ELVIS IS BACK”. Pictures include Elvis coming home from the army, several press conferences, pictures at Graceland, coverage of the Sinatra TV show and much more.

“PROMISED LAND – The Companion Album”

FTD vinyl is pleased to announce the release of “Promised Land – The Companion Album” - A Special Limited Edition 2-disc 180-gram vinyl set.

• Disc 1- alternative version of album featuring Stax outtakes

• Disc 2 – STAX more outtakes!

• Vinyl cutting by ABBEY ROAD STUDIOS

• DMM Copper Mastering

• 180 Grams heavyweight vinyl

• Strictly limited pressing

It all looks great to me .......... Wish it was more affordable though ....... Promised Land-the album, still doesn't get the best album photo, after all these years I do like the "Another Saturday night" album (CD COVER) And without a doubt Elvis was happy and having fun and singing great, on stage in the spring and summer of 1975.

Here's the set list from the Shreveport concert, June 7, 1975, evening show: 2001 Theme, C C Rider, I Got A Woman/Amen, Love Me, If You Love Me, Love Me Tender, All Shook Up, Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel, Hound Dog, The Wonder Of You, Burning Love, Band Introductions, Johnny B Goode, Drum Solo, Bass Solo, Piano Solo, School Days,
T-R-O-U-B-L-E, Why Me Lord ?, How Great Thou Art, Let Me Be There, An American Trilogy, Funny How Time Slips Away,
Little Darlin', Mystery Train/Tiger Man, Cant Help Falling In Love, Closing Vamp.

The set list is virtually identical to the June 10 show in Memphis (which is outstanding). I'm sure the Shreveport show is good too. Elvis was really happy in the Summer of '75, and you could tell that he enjoyed being on stage. In addition, his voice was strong as evidenced by his abilities to hit and carry the high notes on How Great Thou Art. I can't complain when FTD releases a previously unreleased soundboard that hasn't even made the bootleg circuit. That's what the label is supposed to do.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Brian Quinn
post Mar 28 2012, 11:42 AM
Post #2

At The Gates Of Graceland

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 22,230

I will definately be getting the 'Another Saturday Nigh't release.

Brian (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:08 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities