Reply to this topic Start new topic
 Guaranteed to blow your mind, Released by Luxor in 1997

Tigerman
post May 27 2005, 11:06 PM
Post #1

Down in the Jungle Room

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 2

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/Oeien/Guaranteed20to20blow20your20mind20front.jpg)
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Richmond, March 18 - 1974

01 Opening Theme
02 Keep It Going
03 Going Back To Memphis Tomorrow
04 Announcements
05 Also Sprach Zarathustra
06 See See Rider
07 I Got A Woman/Amen
08 Love Me -Trying To Get To You
09 All Shook Up
10 Steamroller Blues
11 Teddy Bear /Don't Be Cruel
12 Love Me Tender
13 Rock medley: Long Tall Sally/Whole Lot-ta Shakin' Goin' On/
Mama Don't Dance/Flip, Flop & Fly/Jailhouse Rock/Hound Dog
14 Fever
15 Polk Salad Annie
16 Why Me, Lord
17 Suspicious Minds
18 Introduction
19 I Can't Stop Loving You
20 Help Me
21 American Trilogy
22 Let Me Be There
23 Funny How Times Slip Away
24 Can't Help Falling In Love
25 Closing Vamp
26 Announcements

Track 1 - 4 is from Memphis June 10, 1975
Track 2 and 3 is sung by voice.

What can i say? Elvis in this period is pure magic. In march everything was as it should be on stage. Elvis has such power in his voice, and he attacks even the 50s numbers the way only he could. Elvis was in grat shape at this tim not only vocally.

Its very starnge that Elvis was at his best the same year he had some big lows. (Im not talking about what Elvis said in vegas). But the later tours in 74. Collage park etc. Its unbelivable that both these things happend at the same year.

And by the way,guaranteed to blow your mind, the coolest name on a cd ever?

--------------------

The outer limit of your potential is determined solely by your own beliefs and your own confidence in what you think is possible
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stefan
post Aug 7 2006, 01:51 PM
Post #2

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 10

I'm actually surprised to see that this great cd hasn't gotten any replies yet [img]style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif[/img]

This has always been one of my favorite releases. It's a great show, sound is very good (even for a soundbaord) and the packaging is very nice. The warming up from Voice is a nice addition (of which I'm sure is not liked by most of you) to this cd, it really creates an "concert" atmosphere.

Probably the best Steamroller Blues ever .............. indeed guaranteed to blow your mind [img]style_emoticons/default/woohoo.gif[/img]

--------------------
"How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

+Quote Post
Tigerman
post Aug 7 2006, 03:29 PM
Post #3

Down in the Jungle Room

QUOTE (stefan @ Aug 7 2006, 01:51 PM) *
The warming up from Voice is a nice addition (of which I'm sure is not liked by most of you) to this cd, it really creates an "concert" atmosphere.

Probably the best Steamroller Blues ever .............. indeed guaranteed to blow your mind [img]style_emoticons/default/woohoo.gif[/img]

I got to admit solo acts by the back up singers and such is skipped on my cd player. But i play trough it all the 3 - 4 first times i play a new cd. [img]style_emoticons/default/blush.gif[/img]

--------------------

The outer limit of your potential is determined solely by your own beliefs and your own confidence in what you think is possible

+Quote Post
stefan
post Aug 7 2006, 03:48 PM
Post #4

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tigerman @ Aug 7 2006, 05:29 PM) *
I got to admit solo acts by the back up singers and such is skipped on my cd player. But i play trough it all the 3 - 4 first times i play a new cd. [img]style_emoticons/default/blush.gif[/img]

So, what are your opinions on these songs ? [img]style_emoticons/default/angel.gif[/img]

I don't think it is too bad, I actually like it [img]style_emoticons/default/yu.gif[/img]

--------------------
"How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

+Quote Post
Guest_Brad_*
post Aug 7 2006, 04:46 PM
Post #5

Guests

Like you guys have already stated, this is indeed a great cd. Elvis put on one helluva concert for this crowd.

I just listened to it the other day and was really impressed, the great sound, the setlist is fantastic. Probably the best version of Steamroller Blues i've ever heard.

I really enjoy these March '74 shows, Elvis was in top shape vocally, and this concert proves that.

+Quote Post
elvisgyrl
post Aug 7 2006, 05:36 PM
Post #6

Aboard N880EP

Member No.: 459

I have this concert and really love it.... Elvis sounded great [img]style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]

--------------------
"THE IMAGE IS ONE THING, AND THE HUMAN BEING IS ANOTHER. IT'S VERY HARD TO LIVE
UP TO THE IMAGE" (E.P.) ELVISGYRL

+Quote Post
Tigerman
post Aug 7 2006, 07:28 PM
Post #7

Down in the Jungle Room

QUOTE (stefan @ Aug 7 2006, 03:48 PM) *
So, what are your opinions on these songs ? [img]style_emoticons/default/angel.gif[/img]

I don't think it is too bad, I actually like it [img]style_emoticons/default/yu.gif[/img]

Wich Songs? The back up singers solos or the Elvis songs? [img]style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif[/img]

--------------------

+Quote Post
stefan
post Aug 7 2006, 07:33 PM
Post #8

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tigerman @ Aug 7 2006, 09:28 PM) *
Wich Songs? The back up singers solos or the Elvis songs? [img]style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif[/img]

Both !

[img]style_emoticons/default/laughing1.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/laughing1.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/laughing1.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/laughing1.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/laughing1.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/laughing1.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/laughing1.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/laughing1.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/laughing1.gif[/img]

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tigerman
post Aug 7 2006, 07:48 PM
Post #9

Down in the Jungle Room

To tell the truth Stefan, i can aviod much of the none Elvis material, (alltough i watch sweet spirit on the EOT movie). But the first times i listen to a record i listen to everything.

as for the songs on this record, there is no weak Elvis song... Perhaps the moma don't dance medley is not optimal, it's still funny. Personal favorites from this show would be Triology,Polk salad Annie and Steamroller blues... wait include Let me there and Trying to get to you aswell. [img]style_emoticons/default/wink.gif[/img]

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:48 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities