NightRider
post Mar 26 2006, 10:42 AM
Post #1

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

FROM VEGAS TO MACON
(IMG:http://www.elvis-tkc.com/bootcovers/vegasmacon.jpg)
Rock Legends CD 1008
Released 1998

Las Vegas, August 21 1970 and Macon, April 24 1975

Las Vegas, August 21 1970 (D.S.):
That's All Right - I Got A Woman - Tiger Man - Love Me Tender - I Just Can't Help Believin' - Sweet Carolina - You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling - Polk Salad Annie - Introductions - Johnny B. Goode - Happy Birthday (James) - Introductions Band & Neil Diamond - & Elvis grandmother - The Wonder Of You - Heartbreak Hotel - One Night - Blue Suede Shoes/Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On - Hound Dog - Bridge Over Troubled Water - Suspicious Minds - Can't Help Falling In Love

Macon, April 24 1975:

Dialogue - Love Me - If You Love Me - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me - Big Boss Man - It's Midnight - Promised Land - Fairytale - Burning Love - Introductions/Johnny B. Goode/School Days - My Boy - T-R-O-U-B-L-E - I'll Remember You (incomplete)

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stefan
post Apr 3 2006, 10:37 AM
Post #2

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 10

Excellent double set. Sound on disc one is good (as all concerst recorded by Rick Rennie), sound on cd 2 is equal to the already known shows from this tour. Intersting is that this Macon gig was the return of Jerry Scheff, who played last with Elvis on Feb. 23rd 1973.

Both shows are quite good and entertaining. The songlist in Macon is still the "more demanding" songlist he also used in vegas prior to this tour. After a couple of days (by April 26th to be exact) he began to drop the more demanding songs like Big Boss Man, It's Midnight and Promised Land.

Not to be missed by thes serious concert collector. [img]style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif[/img]

--------------------
"How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

+Quote Post
colonel snow
post Dec 9 2013, 12:41 PM
Post #3

Platinum Member

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 482

The audience recording from 21-08-70 M was re-released in 2011 on CD August reloaded (Touch Down Productions TDP-CD8-2011).

The SB from 24-04-75 was re-released in 2010 on CD In the heart of Georgia (Audionics 2010-03-02).

colonel snow

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:01 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities