post Mar 28 2012, 10:27 PM
Post #1

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

Attached File  front_idea_4.jpg ( 477.04K ) Number of downloads: 6

Labor Day Madness!

COMING SOON IS THE LATEST MUST-OWN RELEASE FROM THE CELEBRATED STRAIGHT ARROW LABEL:
This time around fans may thrill to two fantastic Nevada summer performances by the King: the Saturday, September 2, 1972 Special 3AM Show and the Sunday, September 3, 1972 Midnight Show. Both were recorded by the same super-fan, and the Sunday tape is previously-unreleased.
The set will be housed in a deluxe digipack, with photos taken from the 1972 "Summer Festival."

As usual, the recordings are excellent quality, sourced from first-generation, 1981 cassette copies of the original mono tapes.

Sit down, relax, put on a pair of comfortable headphones, and be transported back to a crazy Labor Day weekend at the Hilton, where Elvis was rocking fans and celebrities alike. Elvis looked great and he sang even better!

Tracks:

CD 1 / Saturday, September 2, 1972, Special 3AM Show
01. Introduction: Also Sprach Zarathustra - 02. C. C. Rider - 03. Johnny B. Goode - 04. Until It's Time For You To Go - 05. You Don't Have To Say You Love Me - 06. Polk Salad Annie - 07. Instrumental intermezzo / Elvis talks - 08. What Now My Love - 09. Fever - 10. Love Me - 11. Blue Suede Shoes - 12. Heartbreak Hotel - 13. All ShookUp - 14. Love Me Tender - 15. Hound Dog - 16. I'll Remember You - 17. Walk That Lonesome Road (J. D. Sumner and the Stamps) - 18. Suspicious Minds - 19. Introduction of vocalists, musicians - 20. Introduction of celebrities Bob Dover, Gunther Gebel-Williams, Shirley MacLaine, Marty Allen, Pat Henry, Tom Jones, Leslie Uggams and the 5th Dimension - 21. My Way - 22. A Big Hunk O' Love - 23. You Gave Me A Mountain - 24. Mystery Train / Tiger Man - 25. Can't Help Falling In Love - 26. Closing Vamp / Announcements.

CD 2 / Sunday, September 3, 1972, Midnight Show
01. Introduction: Also Sprach Zarathustra - 02. C. C. Rider - 03. Johnny B. Goode - 04. Until It's Time For You To Go - 05. You Don't Have To Say You Love Me - 06. Polk Salad Annie - 07. Instrumental intermezzo / Elvis talks - 08. What Now My Love - 09. Fever - 10. Love Me - 11. Blue Suede Shoes - 12. Heartbreak Hotel - 13. All Shook Up - 14. Love Me Tender - 15. Hound Dog - 16. I'll Remember You - 17. Walk That Lonesome Road (J. D. Sumner and the Stamps) - 18. Suspicious Minds - 19. Introduction of vocalists, musicians - 20. My Way - 21. A Big Hunk O' Love - 22. You Gave Me A Mountain - 23. Mystery Train / Tiger Man - 24. Can't Help Falling In Love - 25. Closing Vamp.

Source:email

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
J
post Mar 29 2012, 02:13 PM
Post #2

Down in the Jungle Room

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 363

Not too hyped on audience recordings these days, but '72 shows are usually excellent. EP was in great form back then.

The cover looks pretty cool too... looks almost like something NRD would create. ;)

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Mar 29 2012, 09:08 PM
Post #3

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (J @ Mar 29 2012, 03:13 PM) *
Not too hyped on audience recordings these days, but '72 shows are usually excellent. EP was in great form back then.

The cover looks pretty cool too... looks almost like something NRD would create. ;)

I have heard that the sound is excellent...for an audience recording of course...and i've yet to hear a 'poor' '72 show (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

Kinda looks familiar ..... that cover (IMG:style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking0001.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

+Quote Post
dennyelvis
post Mar 30 2012, 12:35 PM
Post #4

At The Gates Of Graceland

Member No.: 64

A great tracklisting too, one of my fav years too .......

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mike Windgren
post Apr 15 2012, 04:22 PM
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,200

Hi there!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

And one that I will add to my cd collection very soon. Love this label!. Bye for now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/banana.gif) .

+Quote Post
JohanD
post Apr 15 2012, 05:30 PM
Post #6

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19

Those summer 72 shows are really excellent, the man and his music!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Memphis-Man
post Apr 18 2012, 11:15 PM
Post #7

At The Gates Of Graceland

Member No.: 17

Elvis 72 was still really solid! The August-September 1972 Vegas shows were by and large, quite good. His voice was good, his focus was in place, and the set list was really great. What I like about the 72 shows is that they really represent Elvis' entire career, for the most part.

Looks like a good release. Don't mind audience recordings. Makes you feel like you are really there!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/kicking.gif)

ALSO, a big WELCOME to Mike Windgren!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

M-M

--------------------
"Until we meet you again may God Bless You"

+Quote Post
minty
post Apr 18 2012, 11:51 PM
Post #8

Listening to Elvis

Member No.: 8,882

Hope the sound is an improvement over Watching My Dreams,i was disappointed with that one and that is rare i say that about Straight Arrow releases.

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:42 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities