IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topic Start new topic
 Elvis duets album out in October..., For the xmas marker!??

KEV
post Aug 4 2008, 08:29 PM
Post #1

At The Gates Of Graceland

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 31

http://elvis.com/news/full_story.asp?id=1555

On October 14, SONY BMG Music Entertainment, in partnership with Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc., will release the “Elvis Presley Christmas Duets” CD, which is the first Elvis Presley duet recordings album and the first Christmas compilation of its kind ever produced. This release marks yet another milestone in Elvis Presley’s legacy, 31 years after his death.

The CD will feature many of today’s biggest country artists, including Carrie Underwood, Martina McBride, Gretchen Wilson, Sarah Evans and LeAnn Rimes singing classic Elvis holiday songs with Elvis Presley.

“There has been tremendous excitement from the many artists contributing their voices to these Elvis Christmas classics. We believe Elvis fans will truly enjoy these unique collaborations while introducing Elvis' holiday classics to the many fans of his duet partners,” says Joe Galante, Chairman, SONY BMG Nashville.

In order to create these classic “duets” Sony BMG used the most advanced and sophisticated audio technology available. For songs that were recorded on one track, mono, musical beds were created to perfectly match the instrumentation and arrangements contained on the originals. In the case of songs that have been recorded in multi-track where Elvis' vocal is isolated on a single track, the vocal was simply dropped for a given verse or chorus, making room for the duet artist. To be as faithful as possible to the original recordings, the fabled RCA Studio B in Nashville - the same studio that Elvis recorded the 1971 original Christmas session in, was used.

“This is an excellent example of the innovative ways in which we keep Elvis’ catalog fresh and continue the history of creating, preserving and celebrating great music,” says John Ingrassia, President of the SONY BMG Commercial Music Group.

"We are so pleased that these accomplished artists are collaborating with Elvis in this unique way to make exciting new versions of his Christmas songs. I am sure Elvis would be proud to have worked with them," says Priscilla Presley.

Elvis is one of the biggest-selling artists every holiday season, although he only recorded 20 Christmas songs, his various holiday albums have sold over 25 million copies in the US alone. His existing Christmas releases are seen on the holiday charts year after year.

Partial track listing (not in sequence):
"I'll Be Home For Christmas" with Carrie Underwood
"Blue Christmas" with Martina McBride
"Here Comes Santa Claus" with LeAnn Rimes
"Silent Night"with Sara Evans
"Merry Christmas Baby" with Gretchen Wilson
"Silver Bells" with Anne Murray
"White Christmas" with Amy Grant
"O Little Town" with Karen Fairchild and Kimberly Schlapman of Little Big Town
“Santa Claus Is Back In Town” with Wynonna Judd

Sample tracks will be previewed August 14 during Elvis Week 2008 in Memphis at the Elvis Insiders Conference. Sony/BMG and EPE executives will welcome the attendees to be the very first to hear portions of the CD during an exclusive preview and listening party at the Conference in The Cannon Center.

The Elvis Insiders Conference runs both August 13 and 14th and is hosted by Tom Brown, Vice President of Original Production at Turner Classic Movies. Enjoy two full days of special guests and programming put together by Elvis Presley Enterprises, including on-stage interviews with people who were part of Elvis's life and career. Conference attendees will receive a welcome kit loaded with Elvis-themed gifts and everyone will win a door prize. The Elvis Expo 2008 will be open nearby and admission to the showroom is included with your Elvis Insiders Conference ticket.

Tickets are $85.00 for a two-day ticket. Tickets are now on sale through Ticketmaster. Click here to purchase your tickets online or call 901-525-1515. In addition, you can purchase special VIP seating for this event by purchasing the Elvis Week Fun Package. Click here for details on the Elvis Week Fun Package.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Memphis-Man
post Aug 4 2008, 08:35 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 17

Hey KEV,

Thanks so much for this info! While I am not a real fan of "duets," yet this album sounds like it will be good. It sounds like a great deal of care and integrity is going into this production. I will purchase this one. (At least it is better than the same Christmas songs being released year-after-year).

Thanks again.

M-M

--------------------
"Until we meet you again may God Bless You"

+Quote Post
Bazza
post Aug 4 2008, 08:36 PM
Post #3

Platinum Member
Group Icon

Group: VIP
Member No.: 314

This is a disappointing list of duet partners, to put it mildly. I was questioning the whole project right along, as don't think classics should be tinkered with like this, but was willing to see what Sony/BMG came up with....If this is the best they can do, I'll stick with the originals. A bunch of B-list hacks they have on this set....Anne Murray, gimme a break!

--------------------

"Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem"
-Ronald Reagan (Jan. 20, 1981)

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Aug 4 2008, 08:37 PM
Post #4

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

PANTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

+Quote Post
KEV
post Aug 4 2008, 08:46 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (NightRider @ Aug 4 2008, 09:37 PM) *

Boxer Shorts man myself there Chris!.. (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Aug 4 2008, 08:55 PM
Post #6

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (KEV @ Aug 4 2008, 09:46 PM) *
Boxer Shorts man myself there Chris!.. (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif)

Don't like sticky "wickets" thanks Kev (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...

+Quote Post
Mags
post Aug 4 2008, 09:00 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,036

Santa Claus is back in town !!!!! Wynonna singing with daddy ???!!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
KEV
post Aug 4 2008, 09:02 PM
Post #8

The above post is an 18 certificate (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Aug 4 2008, 09:02 PM
Post #9

Administrator
Group Icon

Yup..Mags should know better....LOOK AWAY !!!! (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif) (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

+Quote Post
Mags
post Aug 4 2008, 09:16 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 2,036

Mags if feeling naughty tonight...I'm full of mischief (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/rubberface.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_curtis simpkins_*
post Aug 4 2008, 09:36 PM
Post #11

Guests

people people people DONT BUY THIS TRASH IT'S JUNK ITS FAKE NONE OF THESE PEOPLE CANT SING
EVEN WITH THEY TRY TO STAND UP WITH ELVIS COME ON NOW DONT BUY THIS JUNK DONT WEST YOUR MONEY ON THIS CRAP.

save your money on the next ftd cds that coming in out at the same time whenthis junk is coming out.

+Quote Post
Michaelf
post Aug 5 2008, 06:08 AM
Post #12

Almost In Memphis

Member No.: 2,532

What a disapointment. I was looking forward to this album but with this list of singers I don't think I will bother. Couldn't they get anybody better?

Michael

+Quote Post
Suspicious Minds
post Aug 5 2008, 07:27 AM
Post #13

Platinum Member

Member No.: 278

QUOTE (KEV @ Aug 4 2008, 09:29 PM) *
http://elvis.com/news/full_story.asp?id=1555
On October 14, SONY BMG Music Entertainment, in partnership with Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc., will release the “Elvis Presley Christmas Duets” CD, which is the first Elvis Presley duet recordings album and the first Christmas compilation of its kind ever produced. This release marks yet another milestone in Elvis Presley’s legacy, 31 years after his death.

The CD will feature many of today’s biggest country artists, including Carrie Underwood, Martina McBride, Gretchen Wilson, Sarah Evans and LeAnn Rimes singing classic Elvis holiday songs with Elvis Presley.

“There has been tremendous excitement from the many artists contributing their voices to these Elvis Christmas classics. We believe Elvis fans will truly enjoy these unique collaborations while introducing Elvis' holiday classics to the many fans of his duet partners,” says Joe Galante, Chairman, SONY BMG Nashville.

In order to create these classic “duets” Sony BMG used the most advanced and sophisticated audio technology available. For songs that were recorded on one track, mono, musical beds were created to perfectly match the instrumentation and arrangements contained on the originals. In the case of songs that have been recorded in multi-track where Elvis' vocal is isolated on a single track, the vocal was simply dropped for a given verse or chorus, making room for the duet artist. To be as faithful as possible to the original recordings, the fabled RCA Studio B in Nashville - the same studio that Elvis recorded the 1971 original Christmas session in, was used.

“This is an excellent example of the innovative ways in which we keep Elvis’ catalog fresh and continue the history of creating, preserving and celebrating great music,” says John Ingrassia, President of the SONY BMG Commercial Music Group.

"We are so pleased that these accomplished artists are collaborating with Elvis in this unique way to make exciting new versions of his Christmas songs. I am sure Elvis would be proud to have worked with them," says Priscilla Presley.

Elvis is one of the biggest-selling artists every holiday season, although he only recorded 20 Christmas songs, his various holiday albums have sold over 25 million copies in the US alone. His existing Christmas releases are seen on the holiday charts year after year.

Partial track listing (not in sequence):
"I'll Be Home For Christmas" with Carrie Underwood
"Blue Christmas" with Martina McBride
"Here Comes Santa Claus" with LeAnn Rimes
"Silent Night"with Sara Evans
"Merry Christmas Baby" with Gretchen Wilson
"Silver Bells" with Anne Murray
"White Christmas" with Amy Grant
"O Little Town" with Karen Fairchild and Kimberly Schlapman of Little Big Town
“Santa Claus Is Back In Town” with Wynonna Judd

Sample tracks will be previewed August 14 during Elvis Week 2008 in Memphis at the Elvis Insiders Conference. Sony/BMG and EPE executives will welcome the attendees to be the very first to hear portions of the CD during an exclusive preview and listening party at the Conference in The Cannon Center.

The Elvis Insiders Conference runs both August 13 and 14th and is hosted by Tom Brown, Vice President of Original Production at Turner Classic Movies. Enjoy two full days of special guests and programming put together by Elvis Presley Enterprises, including on-stage interviews with people who were part of Elvis's life and career. Conference attendees will receive a welcome kit loaded with Elvis-themed gifts and everyone will win a door prize. The Elvis Expo 2008 will be open nearby and admission to the showroom is included with your Elvis Insiders Conference ticket.

Tickets are $85.00 for a two-day ticket. Tickets are now on sale through Ticketmaster. Click here to purchase your tickets online or call 901-525-1515. In addition, you can purchase special VIP seating for this event by purchasing the Elvis Week Fun Package. Click here for details on the Elvis Week Fun Package.

Anne Murray is the only one I know on this list. I don't know the new singers and I won't be buying this album because of them.

--------------------
Frank

Every man has a Flaming Star

+Quote Post
pacer1965
post Aug 5 2008, 11:01 AM
Post #14

Platinum Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 16

The only one I have heard sing on this list is LeAnn Rimes.Some I have not heard of

Not something on my wish list

TCE
Lorraine

--------------------
See How They Shine,Oh If You Need A Friend,I'm Sailing Right Behind

+Quote Post
Elvis_Priestly
post Aug 5 2008, 11:13 AM
Post #15

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 1,512

Erm, I like the sound of this, not on the level of interest or excitement of FTDs etc. but I think I'll get it. I love country music and came to Elvis through country and of the stars singing with him I've heard of them all and so will the C&W folk. Anne Murray being on the list especially is great. I expect this will get quit a bit of air time on shows like Bob Harris Country on BBC Radio 2.

--------------------
"When I Do the best I can, and my friends misunderstand, stand by me"

+Quote Post
dennyelvis
post Aug 5 2008, 12:04 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 64

Gotta say i did like the sound of the project , lotta care teken with sound quality and remastering ... but i gotta admit this is smellier than a 12 month pair of old bed socks .... GIVE US A COOL BLUESY DUETS ALBUM, with artists of worth, maybe BOB DYLAN, KT TUNSTALL, VAN MORRISON .... loads more im sure .... ANN MURRAY ? god damitt !!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
C.C.Rider
post Aug 5 2008, 12:11 PM
Post #17

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 66

QUOTE (footagecollector @ Aug 5 2008, 01:02 PM) *
Are you kidding me. Calling these artist b-list hacks. (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
Carrie Underwood
Martina McBride
LeAnn Rimes

You serious Brad ? You can't think of any bigger names to perform with the ultimate male vocalist of our time ??

Has B-List written all over it !! (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Not one that will interest me (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif)

--------------------
Regards Shaun

Bruce Springsteen
He was as big as the whole country itself, as big as the whole dream. He just embodied the essence of it and he was in mortal combat with the thing. Nothing will ever take the place of that guy.

+Quote Post
Guest_footagecollector_*
post Aug 5 2008, 01:27 PM
Post #18

Guests

Sure they could've found many others, but i'm sure they wanted it to be modern day singers, maybe some that younger generations would be drawn too and actually know who they are.

+Quote Post
KEV
post Aug 5 2008, 03:08 PM
Post #19

I know most of the singers on this cd.

I"ll wait and see how it go"s,but i feel this will be a seller,played a lot on Radio 2 etc,and this is for the public,so this will bring in new fan"s,and that"s the part that i feel good about!.

--------------------

+Quote Post
KEV
post Aug 5 2008, 04:41 PM
Post #20

Source:Brian (fecc)...

I am reliably informed that there will be different versions of the 'Christmas Duets' Album. One for the U.S.A, one for the UK and one for Canada.

The localised versions will feature artists from the said country. The UK album will be released in November and there will also be a single release. No tracks/artists are known at present for the UK or Canadian releases.

Sony BMG have high hopes for this album. Looks like we will all have to start saving up for the various versions.

Please note that the 'Christmas Duets' Album is different to the one tentatively set for 2009 which will be more eclectic in format and artists. There will be a major push for that release including a TV Show built around it.

Brian.

End Quote!.

--------------------

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:50 PM
Hosted By: ElviCities