18. Hound Dog
19. Can't Help Falling In Love

-----------------------------------------

Source: Audience
Quality : Average

Elvis in good mood and voice..shame the sound isn't better

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tigerman
post Aug 8 2006, 07:10 PM
Post #2

Down in the Jungle Room

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 2

What is this? The super update day? [img]style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif[/img]

This is one of those good '77 shows, so it's bad the sound quality leaves something to be desired. Still i have listened to the concert more than once. Out of al the 19 songs featured on this cd, a total of 10 are superb and i regard them as highlights.

It's funny i just put 77 down in another thread, but this concert has what more of them should have contained. Songs Elvis liked to sing himself. As i said in the other thread, i don't think it was about Elvis ability in 77 rather the routine stuff, wich gets out of hand.

I regard all these as highlights:
See See Rider (always like the 77 version)
If You Love Me (I think this song made Elvis happy, it sounds that way)
You Gave Me A Mountain (Always grate performed.)
It's Now Or Never (Throw out Sherill Nilsens O sole mio and the song would be rated perfect)
And I Love You So (Sad, sad song, wich fits Elvis story i think)
My Way (Elvis did the best versions of this song in '77)
I Really Don't Want To Know (Another song he always did well)
Unchained Melody (Stunning, im out of words)
Early morning rain (The atmosphere created by this song is fantastic, to bad its short)

--------------------

The outer limit of your potential is determined solely by your own beliefs and your own confidence in what you think is possible

+Quote Post
stefan
post Aug 8 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #3

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 10

You got a bad copy Chris? [img]style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif[/img]

Sound is actually quite good, not ADIOS quality, bit quite clear. (or did you mean it's a pitty we don't have a soundboard of this one? In that case the Jury can neglect my former statement) [img]style_emoticons/default/angel.gif[/img]

Indeed quite a good show with some oustanding (and last time) performances. The original cd is quite rare today and if you want to add it to your collection: Happy Hunting [img]style_emoticons/default/gunsmilie.gif[/img]

--------------------
"How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Aug 8 2006, 07:16 PM
Post #4

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (stefan @ Aug 8 2006, 08:12 PM) *
You got a bad copy Chris? [img]style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif[/img]

Not that i know of Stefan [img]style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif[/img]

Yes, as with all audience recordings....i feel that you don't get everything [img]style_emoticons/default/blush.gif[/img] I know some people prefer them to a certain extent...but for me...even though i have many...i rarely play them. I would rather play something that i can hear crystal clear...just preference i guess.

And yes....its a good show. I once posted at FECC that every single live year has excellent concerts. I still stand by that, even if i was bombarded with pathetic insults saying i refused to believe the truth.....sound typical....does to me [img]style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif[/img]

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

+Quote Post
Tigerman
post Aug 8 2006, 07:16 PM
Post #5

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 2

I think you got a good copy Stefan.. [img]style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif[/img]

No, the sound is averge, not good or grate i belive. But you should know about me and audience recordings.. NO MERCY! But i still buy them and enjoy most of them, and im damn happy they are here.

--------------------

The outer limit of your potential is determined solely by your own beliefs and your own confidence in what you think is possible

+Quote Post
stefan
post Aug 8 2006, 07:20 PM
Post #6

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tigerman @ Aug 8 2006, 09:16 PM) *
I think you got a good copy Stefan.. [img]style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif[/img]

No, the sound is averge, not good or grate i belive. But you should know about me and audience recordings.. NO MERCY! But i still buy them and enjoy most of them, and im damn happy they are here.

Me too, wouldn't know what I should do without my copy of Wichita '76 [img]style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif[/img]

--------------------
"How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

+Quote Post
colonel snow
post Aug 8 2006, 08:01 PM
Post #7

Platinum Member

Member No.: 482

the show was released for the first time on 2 single LP's in 1991

1) Since Cincinnatti (label AJ records 80379-1-1) withe first part of the show
2) Live at the Riverfront Coliseum (label AJ records 80379-1-2) with second part of the show

colonel snow

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Brad_*
post Aug 8 2006, 08:02 PM
Post #8

Guests

Now this is a real good show from 1977. All songs were performed well, with feeling and passion...When I first listened to it i though the sound was quiet good to be an AR.

+Quote Post
JohanD
post Aug 9 2006, 05:55 PM
Post #9

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Member No.: 19

QUOTE (Brad @ Aug 8 2006, 08:02 PM) *
Now this is a real good show from 1977. All songs were performed well, with feeling and passion...When I first listened to it i though the sound was quiet good to be an AR.

The show is indeed pretty good for an AR,Brad.
This one was released earlier then ADIOS,but it sounds like they where recorded by the same fans.(I hear Dutch talk during :"Kijk es,k'zit vast" [img]style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]

As with ADIOS,it sounds like your in the building,thundering when Larrie Londin kicks off with See see rider.
You just feel the love in the audience too.

The show is good,but to me kinda slow in build-up.
Lots of silence between songs.

Perfect versions of "my way" and "Unchainded melody",both the last versions ever...

Also nice to hear are the 4 songs from the opening acts(Jd.Sumner/stamps and the Sweet Inspirations)
It gives us a total "live" feeling.

Funny note by the label AJR,on the cd-label Elvis' name is not to be found.
It's "John Carpenter and the friends"!!! [img]style_emoticons/default/cool2.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/cool2.gif[/img]

--------------------

+Quote Post
stefan
post Aug 9 2006, 06:21 PM
Post #10

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

QUOTE (JohanD @ Aug 9 2006, 07:55 PM) *
The show is indeed pretty good for an AR,Brad.
This one was released earlier then ADIOS,but it sounds like they where recorded by the same fans.(I hear Dutch talk during :"Kijk es,k'zit vast" [img]style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]

As with ADIOS,it sounds like your in the building,thundering when Larrie Londin kicks off with See see rider.
You just feel the love in the audience too.

The show is good,but to me kinda slow in build-up.
Lots of silence between songs.

Perfect versions of "my way" and "Unchainded melody",both the last versions ever...

Also nice to hear are the 4 songs from the opening acts(Jd.Sumner/stamps and the Sweet Inspirations)
It gives us a total "live" feeling.

Funny note by the label AJR,on the cd-label Elvis' name is not to be found.
It's "John Carpenter and the friends"!!! [img]style_emoticons/default/cool2.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/cool2.gif[/img]

Didn't he say that was late due to a visit to the dentist ? That explains the "slow start" (a painkiller mabye (?), given to him by the dentist. Nevertheless it's an above average 1977 show.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JohanD
post Aug 11 2006, 05:14 PM
Post #11

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Member No.: 19

Didn't he say that was late due to a visit to the dentist ? That explains the "slow start" (a painkiller mabye (?), given to him by the dentist. Nevertheless it's an above average 1977 show.

That's what it says in the booklet too,Stefan,guess that could be the reason.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:12 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities