Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Opening Night ' 72, Released by 2001 in 1997

Tigerman
post May 28 2005, 10:14 AM
Post #1

Down in the Jungle Room

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 2

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/Oeien/Opening20night20277220front.jpg)
Opening Night ' 72
Las Vegas, January 26 - 1972
Sound Formar: Soundboard

01 See See Rider
02 Proud Mary
03 Never Been To Spain
04 You Gave Me A Mountain
05 Until It's Time For You To Go
06 Polk Salad Annie
07 Love Me
08 Little Sister/Get Back
09 All Shook Up
10 Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel
11 One Night
12 Hound Dog
13 A Big Hunk O'Love
14 Bridge Over Troubled Water
15 Lawdy Miss Clawdy
16 American Trilogy
17 Introductions
18 I'll Remember You / [audio]
19 Suspicious Minds
20 Can't Help Falling In Love
21 Closing Vamp

BONUS SONGS:
22 Mystery Train/Tiger Man
23 Help Me Make It Through The Night
24 Softly As I Leave You (spoken version)

Never Been To Spain, You Gave Me A Mountain, Until It's Time For You To Go, A Big Hunk O'Love and an American Trilogy was performed for the first time live at this concert.

The bonus songs are taken from September 3, 1973 Closing Show.

Every song on this release is performed with passion. My personal favorite from the vegas 72 imports.

--------------------

The outer limit of your potential is determined solely by your own beliefs and your own confidence in what you think is possible
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Tigerman
post Mar 19 2008, 03:15 PM
Post #2

Down in the Jungle Room

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 2

Been playing this one alot lately, I don't think there are words to describe how fantastic this show is. Unlike some here I like that Trilogy,Mountain etc. where performed slower much more closer to the orginal versions, and Elvis voice on tis show was clearly top notch.
I like how both Trilogy and mountaing goes slower, but then builds up so powerful during the really pucnhing parts of the songs, Elvis delivers 110% on these numbers, and the "first time performed on stage" feeling of not screwing up the songs is there. You can tell Elvis realy wants these to hit with the crowd.

This is one I would really like to see re-released with better sound and perhaps complete from FTD. While it is a soundboard recording it's not really a good sounding release from a techinqual stand point. Elvis and the choir is is placed well aove the band, wich can be hard on the spekers if you goof it up. I wonder BMG/FTD if they have this show somewhere... Then again it's only wishfull thinking on my part.

--------------------

The outer limit of your potential is determined solely by your own beliefs and your own confidence in what you think is possible
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 07:07 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities