Reply to this topic Start new topic
 THROUGH MY EYES., BOOK

memphis 77
post Nov 18 2008, 05:58 PM
Post #1

At The Gates Of Graceland

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 683

was watching the bhti volume 1, 2, and caught the interview with kathy westmorland talking about ELVIS desire to write a book , and thought to myself how great it was that he had plans to do this and how truthful he would be , i remember that maria columbus on is ELVIS alive video saying that his journals were missing , ELVIS started journal in may of 74, wonder how many great stories he would tell and get his insight into his world of music etc... so what about you wowhat do you think about our man having his own autobiography?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kissmequick
post Nov 18 2008, 06:04 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 421

I believe it would have been fascinating reading.
His life was so colorful starting with his humble beginnings...
And Wow what a ride the rest of it was!

I would buy it. Hope they release those journals someday.

--------------------

"The man who can sing when he hasn't got a thing is the King, of the whole wide world."

+Quote Post
Guest_Bradley_*
post Nov 18 2008, 09:57 PM
Post #3

Guests

Not to sound like a smart a** at all, but just curious whats the source that says he started a jounral in May of 1974, thats the first I had heard about that.

Its ashame he never got to do his book, he had so many things left ahead of him.... (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/confused.gif)

+Quote Post
GuitarMan66
post Nov 19 2008, 01:47 AM
Post #4

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 9

Same here..Ive never heard of Elvis starting any journals..I dont think its something he would have to be honest..

--------------------

+Quote Post
tcbndixie
post Nov 19 2008, 02:06 AM
Post #5

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 92

QUOTE (memphis 77 @ Nov 18 2008, 11:58 AM) *
was watching the bhti volume 1, 2, and caught the interview with kathy westmorland talking about ELVIS desire to write a book , and thought to myself how great it was that he had plans to do this and how truthful he would be , i remember that maria columbus on is ELVIS alive video saying that his journals were missing , ELVIS started journal in may of 74, wonder how many great stories he would tell and get his insight into his world of music etc... so what about you wowhat do you think about our man having his own autobiography?

According to legend...many things went missing after his death. It will be interesting to see where all this stuff turns up one day! (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif)

As far as the journals...I wish this were true...but I have never heard any concrete proof from anyone who was there amd REALLY knew the truth about these journals. I'm not saying they never existed...I hope...I just doubt it! JMHO...

Heck...personal journals and '69 interview tapes the same week...All I can say is I'm ready to see, hear and read all of this...just hurry before EPE hears about it!! (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/woohoo.gif) (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/woohoo.gif)

--------------------
Friends Because Of Elvis, Marshie/tcbndixie
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The vision, the myth, the legend...was really just a man...blessed, respected and loved!
Rest in peace sweet friend...rest in peace!
~~~

"...the image is one thing and the human being is another...it's very hard to live up to an image."
Elvis: MSG-NY 1972
~~~
"Long after I'm gone, what I did today will be heard by someone. I just want them to get the best of what I had."
Quote by Elvis Presley
~~~
"...it was like he came along and whispered some dream in everybody's ear, and somehow we all dreamed it."
Quote by Bruce Springsteen about Elvis
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Tupelo is where he was born
Vegas is where he'd perform
The World Stage is where he was known
But Memphis was always his home
Mayor A.C. Wharton/BW 2009

+Quote Post
Guest_Bradley_*
post Nov 19 2008, 04:41 AM
Post #6

Guests

Like you Marshie and Steve, I doubt he had such journals...but hey, if they indeed come out one day I would be the first to eat humble pie (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

But talk about invasion of privacy, we know how Private elvis the man was with his religion and beliefs and stuff like that, and we don't want the upstairs open to due invasion of his privacy and respect, wouldnt it be the same if not worse here....his personal thoughts etc that were obviously wrote just for him to have released to the world...I'm not saying that they wouldn't be interesting to read, but I just think some things are just best kept away where they belong...if they exist that is.. (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/confused.gif)

+Quote Post
memphis 77
post Nov 19 2008, 04:23 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Bradley @ Nov 18 2008, 10:57 PM) *
Not to sound like a smart a** at all, but just curious whats the source that says he started a jounral in May of 1974, thats the first I had heard about that.

Its ashame he never got to do his book, he had so many things left ahead of him.... (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/confused.gif)

maria columbus and charlie also spoke about this , maria is seen talking about it in the is ELVIS alive video volume 1 .

--------------------

+Quote Post
tcbndixie
post Nov 19 2008, 07:46 PM
Post #8

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 92

QUOTE (memphis 77 @ Nov 19 2008, 10:23 AM) *
maria columbus and charlie also spoke about this , maria is seen talking about it in the is ELVIS alive video volume 1 .

Yes, I agree...these journals have been talked about over the years...Maybe one day we will know for sure. The only problem is - as with all the personal things that went missing after his death - to make them public one would have to explain where they got them!?!

I also agree that they are personal and I would try not to look...but if they were EVER released I would HAVE to read them! Sorry...but honestly...I would! We would know his REAL feeling about EVERYTHING and EVERYONE in his life!! Just a thought...depending on who has them...maybe WHO he writes about is the reason they haven't been released yet! (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif)

--------------------
Friends Because Of Elvis, Marshie/tcbndixie
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The vision, the myth, the legend...was really just a man...blessed, respected and loved!
Rest in peace sweet friend...rest in peace!
~~~

"...the image is one thing and the human being is another...it's very hard to live up to an image."
Elvis: MSG-NY 1972
~~~
"Long after I'm gone, what I did today will be heard by someone. I just want them to get the best of what I had."
Quote by Elvis Presley
~~~
"...it was like he came along and whispered some dream in everybody's ear, and somehow we all dreamed it."
Quote by Bruce Springsteen about Elvis
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Tupelo is where he was born
Vegas is where he'd perform
The World Stage is where he was known
But Memphis was always his home
Mayor A.C. Wharton/BW 2009

+Quote Post
memphis 77
post Nov 20 2008, 05:39 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (memphis 77 @ Nov 19 2008, 05:23 PM) *

sorry the correct title of the video is the ELVIS files .and i must admit that i found it hard to believe that he kept a journal since we've bin told he wrote so little in his lifetime.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Bradley_*
post Nov 21 2008, 09:10 PM
Post #10

Guests

QUOTE (memphis 77 @ Nov 20 2008, 05:39 PM) *
sorry the correct title of the video is the ELVIS files .and i must admit that i found it hard to believe that he kept a journal since we've bin told he wrote so little in his lifetime.

I agree David it is hard to believe, and I doubt that such things as these journals exist until they see the light of day.

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th September 2024 - 02:34 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities