Southern Gypsy Magic, July 23, 1975 Asheville-Straight Arrow

JohanD
post Apr 2 2013, 04:22 PM
Post #1

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19

CD 1: 01. Introduction: Also Sprach Zarathustra - 02. C. C. Rider - 03. I Got A Woman / Amen - 04. Big Boss Man - 05. Love Me - 06. If You Love Me (Let Me Know) - 07. It's Midnight - 08. All Shook Up - 09. (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel - 10. Hound Dog - 11. The Wonder Of You - 12. Turn Around, Look At Me - 13. Polk Salad Annie - 14. Introduction of singers, musicians, orchestra - 15. Johnny B. Goode (James Burton) - 16. Drum Solo (Ronnie Tutt) - 17. Bass Solo (Jerry Scheff) - 18. Piano Solo (Glen Hardin) - 19. School Day (Joe Guercio Orchestra)

CD 2: 01. T-R-O-U-B-L-E - 02. Why Me Lord? - 03. How Great Thou Art - 04. Let Me Be There (w/ reprise) - 05. Shake A Hand - 06. Fairytale - 07. Introduction of Vernon- 08. Little Darlin' -09. Mystery Train / Tiger Man - 10. Funny How Times Slip Away (with reprise) - 11. It's Now Or Never - 12. Promised Land - 13. Can't Help Falling In Love - 14. Closing Vamp / announcements

BONUS (July 22): 15. Why Me Lord? (Elvis solo) - 16. Shake A Hand (with false starts) - 17. Memphis, Tennessee (with false start) - 18. You Don't Have To Say You Love Me

BONUS (July 24): 19. That's All Right - 20. Jailhouse Rock - 21. Something - 22. Return To Sender - 23. Wooden Heart - 24. Shake A Hand - 25. Pieces Of My Life

The latest release by Straight arrow is the july 23 show in Ashville.
He performed three very good shows in that city, this is the second show.

The show has been released before, but this is another source.
More info about the first version here:
http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/index.php?showtopic=57

Now this cd...

Except for in the beginning (where the sound is uneven), the sound is pretty good, a bit "booming", but listenable.
The first release sounds imo a bit better, but that's a matter of opinion, it's different.
That release is very hard to get now, so this is a nice alternative.
The show itself is very VERY good, Elvis his voice is awesome and strong.
The bonus songs sounds better then before, so that's indeed a nice bonus.

The artwork is a digipack, wich is cool, but i personaly feel that it's a bit rushed.
I mean: too many colours, the picture on the inside (wich is nice) has a bad cut out in Elvis hair...
It's a bit of a let down.

But the main thing is the show, and even i still prefer the original and first version, it's a must to have.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  front.jpg ( 130.56K ) Number of downloads: 0
Attached File  Turn_around_look_at_me.mp3 ( 2.55MB ) Number of downloads: 1

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Apr 2 2013, 05:07 PM
Post #2

Platinum Member

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 6

I don't think the sound is good on this release - then again I haven't listened to ARs in a while

--------------------
I'd rather go on hearing your lies....than smell your armpits son
Atlanta - December 30th 1976

+Quote Post
stefan
post Apr 2 2013, 06:13 PM
Post #3

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 10

Have the first version (Gyrating Ashville) and that one has fairly good sound. Have heard samples from this release and think I still prefer the old one too, but as it is Staright Arrow it's defenately quality and foreveryone who missed out on Gyrating Ashville this is a good runner up.

--------------------
"How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

+Quote Post
colonel snow
post Sep 6 2013, 01:19 PM
Post #4

Platinum Member

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 482

here is a clip with the full album version.

colonel snow

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:11 PM
Hosted By: ElviCities