Reply to this topic Start new topic
 NightFever in vegas, Released by Rock legends in 1996

Tigerman
post May 28 2005, 10:07 AM
Post #1

Down in the Jungle Room

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 2

(IMG:http://img104.exs.cx/img104/7075/night20fever20in20vegas20front.jpg)
NightFever in vegas
Las Vegas, August 30 1974 Midnight show
Sound: Soundboard

CD1:
01 See See Rider
02 Dialogue
03 I Got A Woman/Amen
04 Dialogue
05 Love Me
06 If You Love Me
07 It's Midnight
08 Big Boss Man
09 Fever
10 All Shook Up
11 Dialogue
12 Softly As I Leave You
13 Hound Dog/Intro
14 Hound Dog
15 American Trilogy
16 Dialogue
17 Suspicious Minds

CD2:
01 Karate Intro
02 If You Talk In Your Sleep
03 Karate Speech
04 Help Me
05 Let Me Be There
06 Dialogue
07 How Great Thou Art
08 Dialogue
09 Hawaiian Wedding Song
10 Dialogue
11 You Gave Me A Mountain
12 Can't Help Falling In Love

If you like to hear Elvis talk then this is the record! He will also tell you everything you want to know about karate, and in my case more than i want to now. The karate dialouge lasts for 10 minutes.

Right before an American triolgy a girl shouts"I love you Elvis" followed by a guy that shouts"I hate you Elvis". Elvis simply replies with a "FUCK YOU"

Now for the musical part, Every song is performed really good(Well maby not the 50's hits) and Elvis has a strong powerfull,voice.

My faves from this concert is: You gave me a mountain, if you talk in your sleep, let me be there and it's midnight

--------------------

The outer limit of your potential is determined solely by your own beliefs and your own confidence in what you think is possible
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Scott Haigh 7819...
post Jun 19 2005, 03:36 AM
Post #2

Listening to Elvis

Member No.: 111

i second that Tigerman! this is the first bootleg that i bought and i was not disappointed(except that i'd bought it off Ebay and it was a cd-r i'd paid 20 bucks for, but that guy is out of business now). Elvis is in a good mood for this show and the songs are pretty ok.

see see rider is strong and good, then there is heaps of funny dialogue about how Elvis's suit was so tight they had to paint it on him lol! then Elvis of course goes in to the 'well well' introduction, and gets one of the orchestra memebers to get on the 'saxaphone' while he does his low 'well well', this band member corrects him and says 'trombone', so Elvis says 'trombone, whatever, something bout a bone, hambone', with a triggered laugh from the audience. .

i got a woman is pretty good, then we have amen which is pretty standard, except for the funny dialogue with JD and the engineer, when Elvis decides to change mics with JD, which was not necessary, coz there is no difference.

after that medley, Elvis introduces himself as Tom Jones, and that 'you went to the wrong place'. then a usual love me, then a good 'if you love me', a touching 'its midnight', a good 'big boss man', though not as good as later versions, then Elvis sings' fever', very funny version! during the 'i light up when you call my name', Elvis impersonates his female fans and screams ina high pitch voice 'ELVIS!'. when i first heard this, i could'nt stop laughing!

then a throwaway of 'all shook up', i think after this Elvis heard a female fan scream his name in a way he loved so he said 'honey, you can have anything i got, you want the jacket?''. he joked. then the first,and still, the most beautiful version of the song softly, as i leave you'. it is perfect! then a throwaway of 'hound dog, though there are some funny dialogue before it, when the band does a false start, though i don't hear anything wrong with it though. then Elvis has a request for american trilogy

this leads to a fan saying 'i love you Elvis', then some man calls out from the audience ' i hate you Elvis', so Elvis says 'f**k you!'. the audience goes BESERK!! (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/rubberface.gif)

Elvis still carries on with a good ending to the song though, then he has a request to do suspicious minds, at this point Elvis is dropping this from his setlist, and he does not seem focused on this version at all.

then we change to disc 2, which starts with band intros, very long. then Elvis explains he is gonna put on a karate suit and perform a 'kata'. then the band goes in to the funkiest version of 'if you talk in your sleep' ever! the intro is pretty long, but funky! then Elvis sings a great version of this song, then he goes in to over 10 minutes of karate dialogue, very entertaining though! Elvis tells us the history, the animals it is based on, and heaps of other stuff. i personally liked it

then a touching straight version of 'help me', an energetic version of 'let me be there', then Elvis receives a gift to his daughter from a fan, then he talks about how he loves Las Vegas, and he would never rather be anywhere in the world. then he goes in to a very good version with heaps of conviction, it is a great version!

then nice version of hawaiian wedding song, and a request for you gave me a mountain, this is an awesome version! then Elvis close the show with can't help falling in love

this is an awesome cd to have!

--------------------
i'm a grease monkey that won't slide so easily!

+Quote Post
Tigerman
post Jun 22 2005, 01:37 PM
Post #3

Down in the Jungle Room

Grate review Scott.

--------------------

The outer limit of your potential is determined solely by your own beliefs and your own confidence in what you think is possible

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Jun 22 2005, 02:17 PM
Post #4

Platinum Member

Member No.: 6

I cannot but agree guys!! (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

--------------------
I'd rather go on hearing your lies....than smell your armpits son
Atlanta - December 30th 1976

+Quote Post
CaptainOT
post Jan 30 2006, 04:55 PM
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 360

Can someone post a track listing complete with times for this set?

Would greatly appreciate it!

Capt

+Quote Post
CaptainOT
post Feb 5 2006, 07:00 AM
Post #6

Group: Members
Member No.: 360

Still hoping someone can post the track listing
COMPLETE WITH TIMES for this 2 CD set.

Thanks

Capt

+Quote Post
Tigerman
post Feb 10 2006, 08:12 AM
Post #7

Down in the Jungle Room

CD1

See See Rider - 3:00
Dialogue - 2:31
I Got A Woman / Amen - 6:05
Dialouge - 0:41
Love Me - 1:42
If You Love Me - 2:48
It's Midnight - 3:13
Big Boss Man - 2:37
Fever - 3:36
All Shook Up - 1:06
Dialouge - 1:13
Softly As I Leave You - 2:28
Hound Dog / Intro - 1:55
Hound Dog - 2:32
An American Trilogy - 3:53
Dialouge - 1:01
Suspicious Minds - 3:44

CD2

Introductions 5:34
Karate Intro - 1:11
If You Talk In Your Sleep - 3:55
Karate dialouge - 9:40
Help Me - 2:32
Let Me Be There - 3:32
Dialogue - 1:16
How Great Thou Art - 3:54
Dialogue - 1:07
Hawaiian Wedding Song - 1:58
Dialogue - 0:51
You Gave Me A Mountain - 3:19
Cant't Help Falling In Love - 1:40

--------------------

+Quote Post
charlierogers
post May 30 2009, 10:28 PM
Post #8

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 22,212
From: Ontario Canada - Home of Collingwood Elvis Festival

Link to Sound bites and excerpts

http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/index.php?showtopic=14355 #19

--------------------

+Quote Post
colonel snow
post Dec 29 2013, 11:32 AM
Post #9

Platinum Member

Member No.: 482

In 2009 re-released on CD Black angels in Vegas (Venus Productions VP 2009-06).

colonel snow

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:18 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities