Reply to this topic Start new topic
 esssential elvis uk, to many excuses

memphis 77
post Jul 14 2007, 05:29 PM
Post #1

At The Gates Of Graceland

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 683

i recently sent essential elvis uk a money order to their us adress for a one year subscription, this was almost 4 weeks ago, i was told that a my 1st issue was on it's way, now after 3 weeks i decided to ask again what is the problem as ihave not recieved the 1st issue, i was told that a postal strike is on in the uk, and that it would be put in the post tommorow, i was forwarned by a few fans that this magazine was great at one time but has since lost it's pizazz, and that the guy behind it[andrew hearn, has a bad rep] anyone out there confirm that there is a postal strike in the uk and had any problems with this mag/person, i understand that subcriptions of the mag are way down also.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Michaelf
post Jul 15 2007, 05:26 AM
Post #2

Almost In Memphis

Member No.: 2,532

There have been some problems with the mail. The Royal mail went on strike last Friday and had been on strike the friday two weeks before that.
The strikes were only for one day each time so by the Tuesday of the next week everything was back to normal.

Michael

+Quote Post
memphis 77
post Jul 16 2007, 05:00 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Michaelf @ Jul 15 2007, 06:26 AM) *
There have been some problems with the mail. The Royal mail went on strike last Friday and had been on strike the friday two weeks before that.
The strikes were only for one day each time so by the Tuesday of the next week everything was back to normal.

Michael

many thanxfor the info.

--------------------

+Quote Post
memphis 77
post Jul 21 2007, 04:10 PM
Post #4

back on the 27th of june i sent off a us money order for $50.00 , and also sent away for his book[essential elvis the interviews, i ordered this from another person] , i gave a bad revue of the book , and noticed that my magazine subscription-first mag had not yet bin recieved , so i e mailed mr hearn , to which he stated that it was in the mail, another week passed and i e mailed our good friend again, to which he told me that there was a postal strike[sources told me it only lasted a day] so i waited and still nothing , i later get an e mail from hearn telling me that he is cancelling my subscription and a check for my payment is in the mail-as of today still no cheque or refund[ seems he needed the $50.00 really bad] , i also noticed that i was banned by ALBERT on tcb and that my posts were altered from someone within the tcb club- to which it stated that i loved hearns book- this never was penned by me, i also was informed by sources that the mag he produces is on the way out anyway and that subscriptions were dwindling , i was also told by fecc administrators that he was known to take subscriptions and not able to fill them and to join at risk[this has proven right] as many-67 to be exact , have had bad expieriences with hearn- over on thesnowmansleague they are wanting to crucify him, i look forward to meeting hearn this august and recieving my refund in person. Aword to the wise deal with him at your own risk[ i will always inform fans of untrustworthy hucksters, even if it means getting banned].

--------------------

+Quote Post
KEV
post Nov 7 2007, 01:20 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 31

I had a bad time with this mag...

--------------------

+Quote Post
GuitarMan66
post Nov 7 2007, 02:36 PM
Post #6

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 9

I must admit having spoken to Andrew a couple of times he seems a very nice guy...but I suppose appearances can be deceptive..I'm not a subscriber to his mag.though he was kind enough to send me a complimtary issue a couple of months ago...
I hopw you guys get things sorted out....

--------------------

+Quote Post
TCB-Davy
post Dec 10 2007, 10:34 AM
Post #7

Welcome to The Kings Court

Group: Picture Members
Member No.: 6,940

I've used them before, and never had problems, but I have heard these kind of stories before, unfortunately.

--------------------
"He's the original squirrel, man, just outta the trees..."

+Quote Post
ElvisMixer
post Dec 10 2007, 11:23 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 28

I used to be a subscriber a few years ago, got sent the latest mag in the post a couple of weeks ago.
I have also met him in person, and to be honest he seems quite a nice guy.

Andrew got me in contact with a guy who runs the "Elvis Tapes" website, this individual ripped me off by selling my remixes.

We live and learn I suppose, but I've never had a problems with Andrew himself.

Keep Rockin' (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/00000407.gif) Mark

--------------------
<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Keep Rockin' My Friends ......</span>

+Quote Post
poormansgold
post Dec 11 2007, 01:05 PM
Post #9

Elvis Presley Blvd

Member No.: 327

Oh boy, I know how you feel, you put in that work and get nothing .
Tom

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:46 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities