Reply to this topic Start new topic
 Big Boss Man In Trouble.

Lindsaygirl
post Oct 17 2007, 07:32 PM
Post #1

Elvis Presley Blvd

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 646

Lnk with a MP3 file with a sample of six songs.

http://www.uploading.com/files/AEKV13NF/Sa...rouble.mp3.html

The NEW Import EPB76 records label is proud to announce its first release scheduled early November and titled " Big Boss Man In Trouble " This Brand new CD will feature previously unreleased audience recording of an Elvis show in Atlanta, June 06, 1976.

This show last 80,00 minutes of pure magic music.

This release is taken directly from original MASTER tape and professional remastered with a great audio-quality. Its a full length show , the best of the June tour. It's a very good performance with Elvis in good mood and strong voice, the highlights of the concert are surely the rare last live version of “SHAKE A HAND” and an outstanding performances of “AMERICA&HURT&BIG BOSS MAN”.

The CD contains a de-luxe 16-page full color booklet with 16 rare photos mostly unreleased taken from the original concert in a very professional layout.

Extract from the inside note:

Atlanta, June 6th and the end of a tour of 13 shows where the last four were just in Atlanta. In spite of a passable tour with Elvis often not in good condition, slow in his movements and lacking concentration in some songs. Despite this the tour was completely sold out and with the public full of enthusiasm. The last show, presented here lasts 80 minutes. We decided to leave out the solos because the audio quality was very bad in respect to the rest of the tape and overall to keep the concert to one CD of purely Elvis.The Show is good the repertoire result very interesting without doubt is no the classic boring concert of the last period of Elvis' live activity. Elvis sings 19 songs with a great mood with a great public reaction, here is almost possible to breath the atmosphere of the Elvis' performance. The electricity that Elvis generates in the attendance is possible to touch with our hands what mostly considering the limitation of the audience tape here is the winner element…

TRACKLIST:

01. Also Sprach Zarathustra- 02. C.C. Rider- 03. I Got A Woman/Amen- 04. Love Me- 05. If You Love Me- 06. You Gave Me A Mountain- 07. All Shook Up-08. Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel- 09. Help Me- 10. Jailhouse Rock- 11. Fever- 12. America The Beautiful- 13. Band Introductions- 14. Love Letters- 15. School Days/Hurt #1- 16. Hurt #2- 17. Burning Love- 18. Big Boss Man- 19. Shake A Hand- 20. Funny How Time Slips Away- 21. Mystery Train- 22. Tiger Man- 23. Can't Help Falling In Love- 24. Closing Vamp/Announcements

TIME 80.00 minutes

A concert not just for the hard core fans. Don’t Miss it.

2007/10/17 EpGold.Com

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Oct 18 2007, 05:47 AM
Post #2

Platinum Member

Member No.: 6

If I were to go by the sameple I don't think I'll enjoy this release much.

Besides the bad quality of the supposed 128kps mp3....(it sounds much worse....I hope that isn't the actual quality of the cd) it is way too slow.

I think it will only be for the completists...as a release.

--------------------
I'd rather go on hearing your lies....than smell your armpits son
Atlanta - December 30th 1976

+Quote Post
EDOEP
post Oct 18 2007, 08:31 AM
Post #3

Almost In Memphis

Member No.: 202

QUOTE (Gordon @ Oct 18 2007, 05:47 AM) *
If I were to go by the sameple I don't think I'll enjoy this release much.

Besides the bad quality of the supposed 128kps mp3....(it sounds much worse....I hope that isn't the actual quality of the cd) it is way too slow.

I think it will only be for the completists...as a release.

hmmmmm, does not sound much (if any!) better than the 2 other releases of that show, which are 'barrage of flashbulbs' and 'atlanta 06-06-76', both released by the bootleg label PA (patrik ahlgren).

or was there a second show that day? AFAIK the DS at 8.30 was the only one.

hugs, ellie

--------------------
i don't suffer from insanity - i enjoy every minute of it

+Quote Post
stefan
post Oct 18 2007, 09:40 AM
Post #4

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 10

There was indeed only 1 show on June 6th 1976.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haven't listened to the samples, but have never been really impressed with the soundquality of the available CDR's. The concert itself is far from 'the best of the tour', infact, it's one of the worst '76 - '77 performances I know of. 'See See Rider' is by far the worst version he ever did (even far more worse than in Hampton Roads on August 1st), he sounds medicated, asleep, very weak and is behind the beat for most part of the song. The middle part of the concert is a bit better and there are 1 or 2 songs performed quite well, but the end is worse again (though not as bad as the beginning).

'Big Boss Man' is only (very !) interesting for the very unusual arrangement and 'Shake A Hand' is, although a nice inclussion on request, only a shadow of the GREAT performances (3 times only) from Ashville July 22nd - July 24th the previous year, it's also quite a bit shorter here and clocks in at around 1m50s if I remember correctly.

Just my 2 cents about this release/concert (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif)

Edit: Here's an old topic where this concert is discussed in more detail and it has a still working download link for 'See See Rider' ~ Click Here

--------------------
"How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Oct 18 2007, 11:44 AM
Post #5

Platinum Member

Member No.: 6

Those two titles are CD-rs, which technically are not considered releases.

ie: for Bootleg companies a cd-r is not a release

for official companies a boot cd or cd-r is not a release either.

--------------------
I'd rather go on hearing your lies....than smell your armpits son
Atlanta - December 30th 1976

+Quote Post
colonel snow
post Oct 18 2007, 02:46 PM
Post #6

Platinum Member

Member No.: 482

in collector circles is a reasonable sounded tape circulating with incomplete solos by the members of the band; this is the original tape source; the tape runs at the wrong speed.
however some one has taken instrumental solos from another source and made a "complete" tape for this concert which runs about 80 minutes.

the producer of this CD got this doctored tape and made a CD; I'm sure it's poor product now and Elvis was not at his best on this afternoon show.

colonel snow

--------------------

+Quote Post
Michaelf
post Oct 19 2007, 06:32 AM
Post #7

Almost In Memphis

Member No.: 2,532

i don't think I'll bother!

Michael

+Quote Post
U.S. Male
post Oct 19 2007, 02:39 PM
Post #8

At The Gates Of Graceland

Member No.: 1,973

I'll agree, the speed of this tape is way too slowwwwwwwwww....

Clean up the crackling noises on the tape and speed up the tempo, and I'll buy it.....but never in this current condition.

--------------------

"I'm gonna leave your head like the shape of a stamp"

+Quote Post
Guest_kingofspades77_*
post Oct 23 2007, 08:01 PM
Post #9

Guests

(IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif) I have to agree with Stefan. I remember about a year ago when I got the cd Atlanta 6/06/76 and played it for the first time..soon as he begins "See See Rider" it sounds awful..he's behinde the beat of the band..and just not in tune so to speak..but if this release is any better sounding than what I already have then it may be worth getting. Don't think they should have cut the band intro's and solo's though..thats part of what makes it live concert...

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:31 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities