IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topic Start new topic
 Big Boss Man from "Big Boss Man In Trouble"

Guest_kingofspades77_*
post Dec 31 2007, 08:33 AM
Post #1

Guests

What is up with the opening of the song..the guitar strings sound so much different than the usual Boss Man versions we hear. Was the band out of wack also that night or what?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_kingofspades77_*
post Dec 31 2007, 08:42 AM
Post #2

Guests

Heres the coverart for the cd. from June 6th 1976 Atlanta. I know this is one of his absolute worst concerts, you can tell easily he was highly medicated just by the sound of his voice. But from some reason i've sat here tonight and played it over and over and just love it. I don't know, something about the playing of the guitars that night sounds different, definitley on Big Boss Man, but you can hear it on Burning Love too. hmmm I don't know..i like it though lol. (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif)
Attached File(s)
Attached File  bbit.jpg ( 17.67K ) Number of downloads: 0

+Quote Post
U.S. Male
post Dec 31 2007, 04:35 PM
Post #3

At The Gates Of Graceland

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 1,973

I found it a bit odd that the band would goof the start of Big Boss Man, because they played it a good number of times in 1974 and 1975, so you'd think they'd have it down.

When it starts off, it sounds like they are playing the song "The Boy From New York City" (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif)

As for the overall concert, yes - he does sound quite medicated indeed, but imo, he does deliver a pretty good show, especially for it being an afternoon performance.

--------------------

"I'm gonna leave your head like the shape of a stamp"

+Quote Post
Joe Car
post Dec 31 2007, 05:59 PM
Post #4

Almost In Memphis

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 2,418

I don't believe he was fully awake for his afternoon concerts as he got older, meaning the effects of his sleep meds were still in his system.

+Quote Post
Guest_kingofspades77_*
post Dec 31 2007, 08:51 PM
Post #5

Guests

QUOTE (Joe Car @ Dec 31 2007, 12:59 PM) *
I don't believe he was fully awake for his afternoon concerts as he got older, meaning the effects of his sleep meds were still in his system.

Agreed Joe. Especially in the later years when he was taking larger amounts of his medication. But like Steve said, still a good performance I think so also. The sound is really good to for an ar..

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th September 2024 - 06:38 PM
Hosted By: ElviCities