18 I'll Remember You
19 Why Me Lord?
20 Let Me Be There/reprise
21 American Trilogy
22 Funny How Time Slips Away/ reprise
23 Little Darlin'
24 Mystery Train/Tiger Man
25 Can't Help Falling In Love - Closing Vamp

Nice sounding import from madison. with false start on both The wonder of you and Love me tender.

Let Me Be There recorded Cincinnati, March 21 1976 Evning Show.

This post has been edited by NightRider: Jul 30 2009, 05:42 AM
Reason for edit: Cover added

--------------------

The outer limit of your potential is determined solely by your own beliefs and your own confidence in what you think is possible
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stefan
post Nov 20 2005, 01:36 PM
Post #2

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 10

Haven't heard this one yet. I asume it is like all the other June '75 tour shows ..??

--------------------
"How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

+Quote Post
Tigerman
post Nov 20 2005, 02:54 PM
Post #3

Down in the Jungle Room

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 2

Thats exactly the words. I if a "typical" june show in every way. This is not my favorite part of 75, i myself dont think Elvis voice was top. But he's in good mood and most songs are treated well. But still, from this tour i like deep down south much better.

But there was a nice booklet with this import. [img]style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]

--------------------

The outer limit of your potential is determined solely by your own beliefs and your own confidence in what you think is possible

+Quote Post
stefan
post Nov 20 2005, 04:36 PM
Post #4

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Member No.: 10

Thanks Einar. Thought so already, but you never know right ..?? [img]style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]

--------------------
"How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

+Quote Post
JohanD
post Nov 20 2005, 06:40 PM
Post #5

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Member No.: 19

With the exeption of the first hows in Huntsville,most shows on this tour have the same basic tracklists,that's true.

On the other hand,i think it's a great tour.
Elvis his voice was good,he's enjoying himself(he's in a playfull mood troughout the whole tour);and i'm happy it's so well covered on import cd's.
We almost have the whole tour on digital disc,audience and soundboards.

As with all other Madison releases,this one is nice adittion to the collection.

If you can get your hands on this one Stefan,you won't be sorry!! [img]style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif[/img]

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Brad_*
post May 20 2006, 10:55 PM
Post #6

Guests

Here is a review of the show.

"Movin' Mobile - (A Madison release)

Madison is one of the best producers of quality import CDs and this is no exception. The 12 page booklet & sleeve is excellently designed with great photos of Elvis looking tanned & healthy is his Silver Phoenix suit. This great 1975 summer tour can be encapsulated by the simple newspaper headline "Streamlined Elvis still has the old magic." Elvis was in great form during this short southern tour, in fine humour and full of energy.We already have several of these shows released, including Madison's own recent 'Fly Trouble', as well as RCA's excellent Dallas 6th June concert in the EAP box-set. Interesting to note that shamefully RCA did not even include one photo from the 75 tour in their EAP box-set!
The real interest in this show is the pleasure of hearing a newly released concert showing Elvis on top form & really enjoying himself. While the tracklist and performances are very similar to other summer 1975 concerts there are some nice highlights. This was the June 2nd Monday afternoon show at 4.30pm, and you can immediately tell that Elvis is in a great mood as soon as he jokes, "Good evening Ladies & gentlemen my name is Johnny Cash. What is it Monday afternoon? I have never in my life done a show on Monday afternoon! Thank you .. .. good grief!" (This was of course a lie!) Elvis' hearty laugh during 'Love Me Tender' - when a fan tells him she's seem him 3 times in concert - is infectious. Later on Elvis has a great time singing 'Why Me Lord' and teasing J.D. Sumner even more than usual. At the beginning of 'The Wonder of You' there is a cute moment when Elvis stops the band noting, "Just a minute, hold it. Old Chinese proverb say, 'Cannot sing with water in mouth'!" – very funny. 'Burning Love' that follows also demonstrates that Elvis still had burnin' love in his soul. An excellent version where, although he inevitably forgets some lyrics (& amusingly "la-lass" them!), he still rocks out to a great ending. 'I'll Remember You' delights as always and Elvis' enthusiasm shows with 'Let Me Be There' getting a reprise. A real highlight is 'Mystery Train/Tiger Man' where Elvis spontaneously responds to a request, "Wanna' hear Mystery Train? Ok, here goes"! You can hear the crowd go wild as Elvis pulls off an energetic performance. He's not holding back. Technically there are a couple of problems with this CD. While the audio quality is excellent for a soundboard (similar quality to other June shows, if a little "trebley") there were a few on-stage bass-feedback problems during the first half. Unfortunately the show is also incomplete with the start, as well as part of TROUBLE missing. The final Bonus of 'Let Me Be There' in STEREO from March 21st 1976 is strange in that it is almost like a binaural release. Elvis' vocal is on the left channel only with most of the musicians while the right channel basically contains the drums & organ. It is still a great treat. If you own other June 1975 concerts then this can't be an essential purchase. However, the cover design is first rate and with Elvis obviously enjoying performing for the 10,000 strong crowd, in great form and in a happy mood – what more could you want?

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:39 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities