FTD no more Soundboards for a while

NightRider
post Sep 7 2007, 05:04 PM
Post #1

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

This is bad news. As much as i like the studio stuff, and i believe that we have enough of that left to last a little while longer, what with the classic albums and all. But i really don't understand why they are no longer releasing regular unreleased or improved/official Soundboards. What is the reason behind that ? Are they not selling ? I doubt thats the reason. Are they running out of material ? Well..with whats rumoured to be a huge chuck of soundboards still left in the vaults...i really can't see that being the reason either.

Why would they stop ? I collect whatever i can. Live or not. And i would buy any show i haven't heard before...and many that i have should they be offered in a better sound quality or format. I understand those that claim that many live shows are the same. They might not be keen on collecting the live material. Thats fair enough. They don't have to buy them.....but why take them away from those that want them ? We are, none of us, getting any younger (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif)

Reconsider FTD......we want whatever you can give us thats left unheard.....release it while we are still here to BUY IT (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/confused.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Sep 7 2007, 05:25 PM
Post #2

Platinum Member

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 6

The answer is simple imo...they never cared enough for the live stuff.

Granted that the shows might seem to sound the same I don't see why the greatest hits albums wouldn't!

Anyway people might get tired of listening to Live recording...fine....don't buy!

But then again I guess there are those "BIG & loyal" ""fans"" who want to own the full collection without buying what they don't enjoy.

--------------------
I'd rather go on hearing your lies....than smell your armpits son
Atlanta - December 30th 1976

+Quote Post
poormansgold
post Sep 7 2007, 10:10 PM
Post #3

Elvis Presley Blvd

Member No.: 327

I Think That They Know how much Soundboards they have, we know that they have alot of 1974 soundboards, and there more TTWII Concerts To release ghow much them are compete shows, I like Studio stuff too, more soundtracks, that's ok, with I like see Kissin' Cousins" and Speedway soundtracks, and Live A little, Love A little and some CD of Stay away Joe and Trouble With Girls., I hear that Speedway Sessions are Lost. (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/wings_hmm.gif)
Tom

+Quote Post
Guest_curtis simpkins_*
post Sep 8 2007, 02:46 AM
Post #4

Guests

I am not much on the soundboards i do like the delete series even the movie soundtracks so far i have 6 delete series cds from ftds and i do injoy them a lot and i reather buy these then anything.

most of the soundboard recordings i dont care for some of them sound flat to me.
but if they fine more concerts in full stereo recordings then i well buy but no more soundboard for me.

+Quote Post
Scatter
post Sep 8 2007, 03:11 AM
Post #5

At The Gates Of Graceland

Member No.: 371

Doesn't make much sense unless it's like was said earlier........they think the soundboards are too much alike. Not a good reason.I agree with Chris, release them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
memphisblues
post Sep 8 2007, 08:10 AM
Post #6

Listening to Elvis

Member No.: 369

If they do think that the show's are too much the same
Maybe it would be an idea to release the soundboard's as FTD Boxset's say tour by tour, year by year or season by season

Doesn't have to be a big project with a big book, but concentrate on getting the music out
with just a quick rundown of the shows and a few pic's

Something along the line's of the long boxe's ??

--------------------
Out there in the dark , there's a beckoning candle

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Sep 8 2007, 08:28 AM
Post #7

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (memphisblues @ Sep 8 2007, 09:10 AM) *
If they do think that the show's are too much the same
Maybe it would be an idea to release the soundboard's as FTD Boxset's say tour by tour, year by year or season by season

Doesn't have to be a big project with a big book, but concentrate on getting the music out
with just a quick rundown of the shows and a few pic's

Something along the line's of the long boxe's ??

Yup....anything to get the material out to those fans who do want to buy them. They seem to have strange ways of going about things sometimes....well....much of the time. They will happily rerelease the same old songs for the "General public" to buy. And lets face it...how many long time fans will buy most of these anyway just to have them. Elvis the King being a prime example. You ain't tellin me that got to number One in the Uk charts just because of the general public.....when E1 is still around in many stores.

I understand that there are those who won't be interested and thats fine. Each to their own. But there are also many more that would welcome as many live shows as FTD could possibly throw at them.....myself included. (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...

+Quote Post
U.S. Male
post Sep 8 2007, 02:20 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,973

This is really a bummer (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/crying.gif)

I personally enjoy the live material; always have ever since I first got in to the hobby. As much as I also enjoy the remastered film soundtracks & albums, it is (at least to me) good to keep the live material flowing, because here you can really listen to the bond Elvis had with the fans.

I doubt very seriously they are running out of material, and I also believe they have alot more on hand than they'll admit to. Lets just hope this is a temporary change while they focus on some different projects.

Long Live Soundboards! (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/up.gif)

--------------------

"I'm gonna leave your head like the shape of a stamp"

+Quote Post
Ciscoking
post Sep 8 2007, 03:29 PM
Post #9

Aboard N880EP

Member No.: 282

QUOTE (Big Boss Man @ Sep 8 2007, 04:20 PM) *

You`ve nailed it....my friend..

--------------------
Ciscokings' Corner @ Jordan's Elvis World.
Constantly up to date live section ! The best !

supported by Ciscoking

supported by Ciscoking

supported by Ciscoking

+Quote Post
memphis 77
post Sep 12 2007, 06:12 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 683

QUOTE (NightRider @ Sep 7 2007, 06:04 PM) *
This is bad news. As much as i like the studio stuff, and i believe that we have enough of that left to last a little while longer, what with the classic albums and all. But i really don't understand why they are no longer releasing regular unreleased or improved/official Soundboards. What is the reason behind that ? Are they not selling ? I doubt thats the reason. Are they running out of material ? Well..with whats rumoured to be a huge chuck of soundboards still left in the vaults...i really can't see that being the reason either.

Why would they stop ? I collect whatever i can. Live or not. And i would buy any show i haven't heard before...and many that i have should they be offered in a better sound quality or format. I understand those that claim that many live shows are the same. They might not be keen on collecting the live material. Thats fair enough. They don't have to buy them.....but why take them away from those that want them ? We are, none of us, getting any younger (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif)

Reconsider FTD......we want whatever you can give us thats left unheard.....release it while we are still here to BUY IT (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/confused.gif)

i must agree with you on everything ya said, it has bin said that the soundboards of which they do have in their possession that many are not original copies , and that what they have is limited at best, i would alo persume that with much boot cd's being purchased over the past 2 years intrest has wained, but i would wish that we could have a boxset of soundbaords , even if they are bits and pieces from various performances.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Sep 12 2007, 09:07 PM
Post #11

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (memphis 77 @ Sep 12 2007, 07:12 PM) *
i must agree with you on everything ya said, it has bin said that the soundboards of which they do have in their possession that many are not original copies , and that what they have is limited at best, i would alo persume that with much boot cd's being purchased over the past 2 years intrest has wained, but i would wish that we could have a boxset of soundbaords , even if they are bits and pieces from various performances.

Couldn't agree more. I am postive that an official boxset of unreleased live material would sell.....even if, as you say, it contained part shows instead of full ones........ (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

+Quote Post
Bama
post Sep 12 2007, 11:41 PM
Post #12

Almost In Memphis

Member No.: 11

I love soundboards. I hope they reconsider Yes the material is the same but each concert ws different and it is great to hear. I still think they should release August 19th 1974 Opening. I thought it would be a good show to release for the 30th but oh well. I'm up for anything from 1970-1972

--------------------
It's Your Baby You Rock It

+Quote Post
Memphis-Man
post Sep 13 2007, 02:34 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 17

At the risk of sounding sarcastic, so what else is new? Personally I enjoy all that FTD releases. BUT, at some point, the "TRUE" Elvis collectors will get older and as that happens the market for Elvis live material may begin to shrink. What is the point in holding material which they may not be able to sell in the future when they can make sales now? Maybe they are smarter than I am......

M-M

--------------------
"Until we meet you again may God Bless You"

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Sep 13 2007, 06:11 AM
Post #14

Platinum Member

Member No.: 6

Or maybe THEY are getting too old to think clearly (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif)

--------------------
I'd rather go on hearing your lies....than smell your armpits son
Atlanta - December 30th 1976

+Quote Post
memphis 77
post Sep 19 2007, 04:01 PM
Post #15

i also think that they were surprised at how many soundboards were taken ? it was published in the man and his miusic some years ago that many soundboards and reel -reel tapes were missing from the catalouge /building in indy, anyway i'm just happy were still getting some real nice boots now and then , not as frequent as we use to get.

--------------------

+Quote Post
First In Line
post Sep 20 2007, 05:44 AM
Post #16

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 82

QUOTE (memphis 77 @ Sep 19 2007, 05:01 PM) *
anyway i'm just happy were still getting some real nice boots now and then , not as frequent as we use to get.

Maybe that will give me time to get caught up in collecting these little babies then! (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

--------------------

Matt

+Quote Post
Suspicious Minds
post Sep 20 2007, 08:25 AM
Post #17

Platinum Member

Member No.: 278

I am not a fan of soundboards of Elvis live. Some you cannot hear the applause between songs and not all backing music. There are some that is recorded from the back of the audience as you hear the ones recording it, talking.

--------------------
Frank

Every man has a Flaming Star

+Quote Post
memphis 77
post Sep 20 2007, 04:32 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (MattC @ Sep 20 2007, 06:44 AM) *
Maybe that will give me time to get caught up in collecting these little babies then! (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

it's gonna be real hard to get caught up , i know a guy who was into the cd collecting imports etc.. and one day he just decided to sell all of them to paul dowling, now after 4 years he's trying to get back in the game, and it;s costing him lotta bucks, but then again there are many ol titles sold on ebay, again matt i'm sure you'll make it you have connections all over.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Sep 21 2007, 12:19 PM
Post #19

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (Suspicious Minds @ Sep 20 2007, 09:25 AM) *
There are some that is recorded from the back of the audience as you hear the ones recording it, talking.

Those are "Audience" recordings Frank and are different from Soundboards. Some soundboards are excellent...some just good, it all depends on what channels are recorded and how they are mixed. They are below professionally recorded concerts, but if those aren't mixed correctly...a soundboard can sound better.

--------------------
TCB Chris

+Quote Post
Guest_kingofspades77_*
post Oct 6 2007, 04:42 AM
Post #20

Guests

that is pretty depressing news. i love the live concerts. probably my favorite out of it all. but i also love the studio and many of the movie soundtracks. i personally don't think that they are running out of material maybe their just not wanting to release it all at once because we had been getting quiet a few live concerts by ftd..maybe they are trying to give the attention to stuido sessions and classic albums and soundtracks..we'll see more live concerts..we better atleast lol.

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th July 2024 - 05:45 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities