Second deletions of non-active members

NightRider
post Jun 15 2006, 10:01 PM
Post #1

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

As stated on a few occasions in the past. The cleaning up of zero posting members has again taken place. This is the second month in a row that i have performed this clean up. Really just to clean up those that aren't active on the board.

If you have joined in the last few months - and are yet to post, please, at least say hello in the meet the members thread. This will exclude you from being deleted in a future clean-up.

So, for those that have been wondering why the members list has gone down to under 400 from over 500.....thats why..... [img]style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif[/img]

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Brad_*
post Jun 16 2006, 12:36 AM
Post #2

Guests

sounds fine with me Chris [img]style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif[/img]

+Quote Post
hexia
post Jun 29 2006, 05:13 PM
Post #3

At The Gates Of Graceland

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 18

Well, I think that is a really good idea. People who post nothing at all do not contribute in any way to the forum except to bring the membership number up. So by all means, clean it up.

--------------------
"You can't yell loud enough to make me shut up!"

Walter Gulick in Kid Galahad

+Quote Post
elvisfan57
post Jun 29 2006, 05:29 PM
Post #4

Platinum Member

Member No.: 25

i cant understand why people sighn up and never post.mit's not hard and it is fun to post. i think deleating those who never post is a great idea also

+Quote Post
kissmequick
post Jun 29 2006, 07:58 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 421

[img]style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif[/img] Go for it! It's like carrying dead weight. Who can't type if they are on the Internet already? [img]style_emoticons/default/confused.gif[/img]

--------------------

"The man who can sing when he hasn't got a thing is the King, of the whole wide world."

+Quote Post
Guest_The Batman_*
post Jun 29 2006, 08:03 PM
Post #6

Guests

It is about time we got rid of the so called members that are only here for what they can get and I believe all none posters are the same they are only here for what they can get, wether it is pictures, CD's or as we have seen recently Micheals discography. I have noticed on some forum that you cannot right click on any of the pix so that way you cannot take them so maybe we should be looking along the same lines, on anything that we dont want people to steal lets dissable the right for them to do it

+Quote Post
kissmequick
post Jun 29 2006, 08:11 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 421

QUOTE (The Batman @ Jun 29 2006, 03:03 PM) *
It is about time we got rid of the so called members that are only here for what they can get and I believe all none posters are the same they are only here for what they can get, wether it is pictures, CD's or as we have seen recently Micheals discography. I have noticed on some forum that you cannot right click on any of the pix so that way you cannot take them so maybe we should be looking along the same lines, on anything that we dont want people to steal lets dissable the right for them to do it

Sounds like a good idea to me...that would stop some of the non posting riff-raff from signing up.

Polk Salad, Neil!!!! Polk Salad!!!

--------------------

"The man who can sing when he hasn't got a thing is the King, of the whole wide world."

+Quote Post
GuitarMan66
post Jun 30 2006, 12:57 AM
Post #8

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 9

Yes I say get rid of them as well,though unfortunately it seems no matter how fast they are deleted more sign up! Just look in the off topic and see how many "welcome new members" topics we have and how many of these new members have actually been active!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Brad_*
post Jun 30 2006, 05:18 AM
Post #9

Guests

QUOTE (The Batman @ Jun 29 2006, 04:03 PM) *

That is a great idea Neil. I think we should really consider doing that. This way we do not have to worry about any of our stuff being copied or used somewhere else.

+Quote Post
elvisfan57
post Jun 30 2006, 05:47 AM
Post #10

Platinum Member

Member No.: 25

how about setting up a probationary period where if you dont post a certain amount by a certain time the are deleated. just a thought

+Quote Post
One Night
post Jul 5 2006, 10:06 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Group: VIP
Member No.: 8

QUOTE (elvisfan57 @ Jun 30 2006, 06:47 AM) *
how about setting up a probationary period where if you dont post a certain amount by a certain time the are deleated. just a thought

that sounds like a good one Richard [img]style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img] .....well worth thinking about will see what the other staff members think [img]style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif[/img]

We have far too many members that dont post and also some that get their posts upto 20 just to see the gallery...maybe that number should be put higher too [img]style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif[/img]

--------------------
Jules

Mrs Nightrider

R.I.P BAZZA BABY!

+Quote Post
KEV
post Oct 3 2006, 12:31 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 31

i know it can for some people be a nervouse thing saying/writing on the net,but if you have gone to the trouble of joining up,go for it...you have joined the best ep forum on the net...and i have been a member on most of them,go on,you"ll love it.

[img]style_emoticons/default/00000407.gif[/img]

--------------------

+Quote Post
One Night
post Oct 6 2006, 06:54 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Group: VIP
Member No.: 8

QUOTE (KEV @ Oct 3 2006, 01:31 PM) *
i know it can for some people be a nervouse thing saying/writing on the net,but if you have gone to the trouble of joining up,go for it...you have joined the best ep forum on the net...and i have been a member on most of them,go on,you"ll love it.
[img]style_emoticons/default/00000407.gif[/img]

I can also see your point Kev.........people maybe nervous ,

but we are all nice people here and would love to see more new members active

we are like one big family here

So everyone that is reading this that hasnt posted..........

Go on give it a go we would love to hear from you all

[img]style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif[/img]

--------------------
Jules

Mrs Nightrider

R.I.P BAZZA BABY!

+Quote Post
Suspicious Minds
post Oct 6 2006, 08:42 PM
Post #14

Platinum Member

Member No.: 278

When I joined last year I was very nervous about posting. I was nervous about goin on the chatroom Sunday nights. Now I have very good friends on the TKC. I started the Elvis alphabet so everyone could join in like the word association. This gives new members who have not posted on a forum before to practice posting before writing on other topics. You don't have to post on every topic here on TKC. So don't be nervous, enjoy the Kings Court. Now I have 1,628 posts now.

--------------------
Frank

Every man has a Flaming Star

+Quote Post
LittleDarlin
post Oct 6 2006, 09:15 PM
Post #15

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 419

I am looking forward to seeing some posts from our new members. There is always someone out there who knows more than me about Elvis, oh and we have some great jokes in our Off Topic section courtesy of Devil In Disguise [img]style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]

+Quote Post
GuitarMan66
post Oct 7 2006, 01:00 AM
Post #16

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 9

If any new members are unsure about how to post on the forum etc please dont hesitate to get in touch with any of the admin or moderator staff. Just click on our names and then click on 'send a private message' .........see you on the forum [img]style_emoticons/default/king.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/king.gif[/img]

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Oct 8 2006, 07:26 AM
Post #17

Platinum Member

Member No.: 6

QUOTE (Pacer @ Oct 7 2006, 03:00 AM) *
If any new members are unsure about how to post on the forum etc please dont hesitate to get in touch with any of the admin or moderator staff. [img]style_emoticons/default/king.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/king.gif[/img]

Well said Pacer....that's what we're here for!

--------------------
I'd rather go on hearing your lies....than smell your armpits son
Atlanta - December 30th 1976

+Quote Post
rams
post Dec 30 2006, 06:08 AM
Post #18

Aboard N880EP

Member No.: 230

(IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) Thats all find and dandy but what about the members who dont want to reply to continued uneccessary repetive post and why intimidate our membership if an indivdual has done nothing wrong except not contribute to a required expected status !! (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
The site is about Elvis, not how much more you can do than one another (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) ,I should think thats why you want people involved because they want to and not because they have too ? (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

rams (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

--------------------
""Postman Postman don't go slow, be like ELVIS go man go"" !!!!

+Quote Post
King Of Gracelan...
post Dec 30 2006, 10:29 AM
Post #19

Almost In Memphis

Member No.: 650

QUOTE (hexia @ Jun 29 2006, 06:13 PM)
Well, I think that is a really good idea. People who post nothing at all do not contribute in any way to the forum except to bring the membership number up. So by all means, clean it up.

I totally agree with this.

I am also a member on other Elvis Forums and there is the same thing.
People become a member but don't post anything. (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/rant.gif) (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/down.gif)

Just clean it up!!

--------------------

Rest in Peace utmom2008, Rosanne

4/27/59-7/22/09

YOU WILL BE MISSED

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Dec 30 2006, 10:45 AM
Post #20

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (rams @ Dec 30 2006, 06:08 AM)
(IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) Thats all find and dandy but what about the members who dont want to reply to continued uneccessary repetive post and why intimidate our membership if an indivdual has done nothing wrong except not contribute to a required expected status !! (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
              The site is about Elvis, not how much more you can do than one another (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) ,I should think thats why you want people involved because they want to and not because they have too ? (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)
rams (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Not quite sure what your point is here. Its not about constantly posting to unneccessary repetitive posts......you can post as much or as little as you want....but posting is part of being a member. Giving the Forum something in return.....If you don't post at all, what is the point in joining in the first place ?

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

+Quote Post
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th July 2024 - 07:17 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities