Matinee Majesty, June 26th, 1976 afternoon show-Providence

JohanD
post Aug 17 2011, 09:50 AM
Post #1

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19

01. Introduction: Also Sprach Zarathustra - 02. C. C. Rider - 03. I Got A Woman / Amen - 04. Love Me - 05. If You Love Me (Let Me Know) - 06. You Gave Me A Mountain - 07. All Shook Up - 08. (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel - 09. And I Love You So - 10. Jailhouse Rock - 11. Fever - 12. America The Beautiful - 13. Polk Salad Annie (false start only) / Introductions by Elvis of Singers, Musicians - 14. Early Morning Rain (John Wilkinson) - 15. What'd I Say (James Burton) - 16. Drum Solo (Ronnie Tutt) - 17. Bass Solo (Jerry Scheff) - 18. Piano Solo (Tony Brown) - 19. Electric Piano Solo (David Briggs) - 20. Love Letters - 21. School Day (Joe Guercio Orchestra) - 22. Hurt - 23. Hurt (reprise) - 24. Hound Dog - 25. Funny How Time Slips Away - 26. Can't Help Falling In Love - 27. Closing Vamp / Announcements.

This show released by the Straight Arrow label is a higly entertaining show.
Being the summer of 1976 and a matinee performance, Elvis gives a solid performance.
The booklet is as always classy with this label.
The sound is good too, almost at the same level as the "Adios 1977" boot, a real "in the building" feeling.

The version of "Amerca" is so good that even before the song ends Elvis received a standing ovation!!
Goosebumps all over!!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  matinee.jpg ( 51.99K ) Number of downloads: 3
Attached File  America_the_beautiful.mp3 ( 4.99MB ) Number of downloads: 5

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Memphis-Man
post Aug 17 2011, 09:20 PM
Post #2

At The Gates Of Graceland

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 17

Thank JohanD

If I may be allowed to say, This was not as bad a tour as some would have you believe. I attended two shows on this tour and they were very entertaining. We also have the FTD release from July 3 and some of you have heard other shows from the tour. All in all, the criticsm Elvis has received for this tour are not justified, IMHO.

M-M

--------------------
"Until we meet you again may God Bless You"

+Quote Post
JohanD
post Aug 18 2011, 08:50 AM
Post #3

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19

QUOTE (Memphis-Man @ Aug 17 2011, 09:20 PM) *
Thank JohanD

If I may be allowed to say, This was not as bad a tour as some would have you believe. I attended two shows on this tour and they were very entertaining. We also have the FTD release from July 3 and some of you have heard other shows from the tour. All in all, the criticsm Elvis has received for this tour are not justified, IMHO.

M-M

The pleasure is mine my friend!!

This tour was indeed not "bad", even in a lesser show their are sparkles of magic; and all are very entertaining performances.
Can you give more details about the dates you saw him?
It's always a great addition to any forum to share with less lucky fans like us... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:49 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities