Reply to this topic Start new topic
 Elvis Vinyl Boxed Set Gallery

ElvisCollectorIn...
post Aug 2 2008, 01:50 AM
Post #21

Welcome to The Kings Court

Group: Picture Members
Member No.: 10,877

Hi everyone. I thought I would add a couple of more things to this thread this evening. The first is in regards to the "Artist of the Century" boxed sets. I thought I would add pictures of all 4 variations of stickers on the 4 boxes. The actual boxes are the same but its the stickers that differ.

Elvis Collector in Canada
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Picture_031.jpg ( 159.35K ) Number of downloads: 5
Attached File  Picture_032.jpg ( 153.63K ) Number of downloads: 5
Attached File  Picture_033.jpg ( 152.08K ) Number of downloads: 6
Attached File  Picture_034.jpg ( 157.78K ) Number of downloads: 4

--------------------
Elvis Collector In Canada
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ElvisCollectorIn...
post Aug 2 2008, 01:52 AM
Post #22

And since they were mentioned in a posting in this thread, here are two more Candelite boxes: Memmories of Elvis (1978) ad the Elvis Presley Story (1977). Enjoy,

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Picture_002.jpg ( 140.12K ) Number of downloads: 4
Attached File  Picture_003.jpg ( 159.99K ) Number of downloads: 6

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElvisCollectorIn...
post Aug 2 2008, 04:49 AM
Post #23

Hi everyone. I have just one more note regarding those two Candelite boxes pictured above. Did you know that there are actually two variations of each box? Yes indeed and the difference is that boxes came with either:

(a) A sheet of paper listing the song titles in the set. This sheet of paper was placed between the shrinkwrap and the box on the backside.

(b) No sheet of paper.

I through this was an interesting tidbit on these sets.

Next up are 4 boxed sets that were all part of a series of sets released in Australia between 1980 and 1985. they are all titled "The Legend" but showcase Elvis recordings from different time periods in his career. Actually, the intent was to release all of Elvis's recordings in order of either release or recording. They made it up to songs of 1970 and then unfortunately the series ended. Volume 1 was released in 1980, Volume 2 in 1981, Volume 3 in 1982, and Volume 4 in 1985. Its unfortunate that they did not get past 1970. Here are pictures of the 4 sets.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Picture_024.jpg ( 136.66K ) Number of downloads: 3
Attached File  Picture_025.jpg ( 134.95K ) Number of downloads: 3
Attached File  Picture_026.jpg ( 133.04K ) Number of downloads: 3
Attached File  Picture_027.jpg ( 125.6K ) Number of downloads: 4

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElvisCollectorIn...
post Aug 2 2008, 05:03 AM
Post #24

Elvis "Collectors Gold" was a 3lp boxed set which came out of Germany in 1991. I remember walking into an HMV store here in my city at the time and examining the CD version. I remember seeing that one cd (which is also 1 lp in the set) was devoted to Elvis live in 1969. What made my jaw drop in the middle of that HMV store was when I saw a live version of "Rubbernicken" on the set (did I spell Rubbernicken correctly)? What? A live version from 1969? So of course,I had to have it and bought it.

Interestingly, there are two vinyl versions. The version pictured below is the most common one. The much tougher to obtain version has a sticker on the shrinkwrap with a number out of 10,000. I forget the story behind it but they were numbered. I did have a chance to pick up a sealed copy from another Canadian collector a few years ago but somebody beat me to it. Oh well, I will keep looking.

This is a great set and worth it for just the vegas material in my opinion. A nice piece of vinyl indeed.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Picture_016.jpg ( 112.47K ) Number of downloads: 7

--------------------

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Aug 2 2008, 08:53 PM
Post #25

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

Excellent info John (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif) I haven't collected Vinyl for about 15 years...but didn't realise that there were so many different boxes of "Artist of the century" to collect. I have..in the past..owned a couple of the sets you have posted. But, many are new to my eyes. Would love to see a bigger version of the first memories of Elvis boxset you posted.

Thanks for posting.......look forward to seeing more of your collection (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

+Quote Post
ElvisCollectorIn...
post Aug 4 2008, 05:49 PM
Post #26

Hi NightRider, thanks for the note. I intend to post a number of additional boxed sets in this thread and maybe start other threads on Japanese lp covers and Canadian pressed lps. Vinyl is very dear to me and in this age of the CD I still focus on the vinyl. I don't know how to post a bigger version of any of the pictures I already posted, sorry about that.

Talk to everybody soon,

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElvisCollectorIn...
post Aug 5 2008, 12:05 AM
Post #27

Here are a couple of boxes of Elvis produced back in the 1970's titled "100 Super Rocks". The first version (with Aloha Elvis on the box cover) was produced in France in 1976. This set includes 7 12 x 24 posters of Elvis and 7lps.

The second version (with sculpted Elvis on the box cover) was produced in Germany in 1977 and includes a fold-out poster inside which pictures the box cover on one side and the song titles of the set on the other side. Again, the set includes 7lps.

Of the two sets my preference is for the France version. In fact, that set is one of my favourite Elvis boxed sets of all time because of the cover shot of Elvis in Hawaii, its just beautiful. And it goes without saying that the song selection rocks.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Picture_009.jpg ( 132.3K ) Number of downloads: 7
Attached File  Picture_008.jpg ( 141.4K ) Number of downloads: 3

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElvisCollectorIn...
post Aug 5 2008, 12:11 AM
Post #28

Back in October of 1984, this 6lp boxed set of Elvis titled "A Golden Celebration" was released. Included inside are an 8x10 photo of Elvis and a flyer advertising upcoming vinyl releases to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Elvis' birth.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Picture_011.jpg ( 151.89K ) Number of downloads: 3

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElvisCollectorIn...
post Aug 5 2008, 12:20 AM
Post #29

Some Elvis boxed sets were also released by Readers Digest. Here are a couple of the sets. The first, "His Greatest Hits" was released in 1983 with a yellow trim and yellow back cover. There was also one called "The Legend Lives On" which was released in 1986. Both sets have 7lps inside and booklets. I also believe that these were exclusively mail-order sets.

In addition to the two sets pictured, there is another version of "His Greatest Hits" which was released in 1990 with a white trim and white back cover. There was also an 8lp set from 1979 titled "His Greatest Hits" which is the toughest to find of all the Readers Digest Sets.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Picture_005.jpg ( 133.53K ) Number of downloads: 7
Attached File  Picture_006.jpg ( 113.71K ) Number of downloads: 3

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElvisCollectorIn...
post Aug 5 2008, 01:23 AM
Post #30

Here are vinyl copies of the 50's and 60's masters boxed sets, both released in Germany. the 50's set was released in 1992 and the 60's set was released in 1993.

Elvvis Collector in Canada
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Picture_017.jpg ( 136.35K ) Number of downloads: 3
Attached File  Picture_018.jpg ( 128.19K ) Number of downloads: 3

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElvisCollectorIn...
post Aug 7 2008, 12:25 AM
Post #31

In 2000, a 5 lp boxed set of Elvis was released titled "That's The Way It Is: Special Edition". This set is a product of the EU and instead of the traditional "box", the contents are enclosed inside a 12x12 plastic case. Thus, the photo you see of Elvis rehearsing in Vegas is actually the first inner sleeve. The sticker is on the plastic casing by the way.

Elvis collector in Canada
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Picture_010.jpg ( 119.16K ) Number of downloads: 3

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElvisCollectorIn...
post Aug 7 2008, 12:26 AM
Post #32

In 2001, a 5 lp boxed set of Elvis was released titled "Live in Las Vegas". This set is a product of the EU.

Elvis collector in Canada
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Picture_007.jpg ( 141.48K ) Number of downloads: 3

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElvisCollectorIn...
post Aug 7 2008, 12:34 AM
Post #33

On April 15, 2003, Elvis: Top Album Collection Volumes 1 and 2 were released by the reissue Collectibles" label. Each set contains 5 lps pressed on 180g red vinyl. Both boxes are incredibly heavy and the records inside come sealed also.

Its unfortunate the more box sets like this of Elvis have not been released in recent years as all these 180g and 200g vinyl pressings that you see being released of various artists are targeted to a new generation of vinyl buyers. Sure, there are numerous lp releases of Elvis but I think more boxed sets would be nice.

These sets are nice!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Picture_021.jpg ( 151.42K ) Number of downloads: 5
Attached File  Picture_022.jpg ( 159.01K ) Number of downloads: 7
Attached File  Picture_020.jpg ( 146.64K ) Number of downloads: 4
Attached File  Picture_023.jpg ( 158.51K ) Number of downloads: 5

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElvisCollectorIn...
post Aug 7 2008, 03:56 AM
Post #34

Here is a boxed set of Elvis which was manufactured in Canada and sold over U.S. television in 1976. The set is titled (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/elvis.gif) A Collector's Edition" and consists of the reocrds: Elvis in Hollywood (1lp), Elvis Forever (2lps), and Elvis (2lps) for a total of 5 lps. There is also a 20 page booklet inside. Canada did not manufacture too many boxed sets of Elvis uniuque to our country but this is one of them and it really is a beautiful set, anotherone of my favourite worldwide sets of Elvis. I actually think this was the first box of Elvis that I ever obtained and I remember playing the heck out of it.

I recently learned that there is a second pressing of this box which was released in 1981 with some differences to the 1976 set with regard to the record company which produced it, text on the box and the color of it, serial number, and probably some other things which I will be able to verify once I get my hands on it so at some point I may be able to give you some more infomration on this one. Also, when the 1976 version was released it was also avaliable on 8-track in an lp sized box, just like in the picture below.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Picture_004.jpg ( 148.25K ) Number of downloads: 3

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElvisCollectorIn...
post Aug 12 2008, 01:36 AM
Post #35

Hi everyone. I thought I would stop by and make an addition to this thread this evening. I thought I would post a picture of a really neat box of Elvis titled "Behind Closed Doors". This is a 4lp set that was released n 1979. This set includes outtakes from "Wild in the 'Country", "Blue Hawaii", "Kid Galahad", and "Paradise, Hawaiian Style". Then, the set moves into some live in Vegas material, studio outtakes from the early 70's, and a 10 minute, 42 second jam of "Don't Think Twice".

The first time I ever saw or heard of this set was in a collector's basement and I was blown away when I saw it. He played me some of the 70's material and it was great! In latter years I learned that there are two pressings of this vinyl set out there and the difference is in the labels. The cover shot is neat on the set, from the same session used on the U.K. "Almost in Love" lp.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Picture_003.jpg ( 151.38K ) Number of downloads: 3

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElvisCollectorIn...
post Aug 14 2008, 03:05 AM
Post #36

China produced a number of Elvis vinyl boxed sets back in the 70's and here are the first of two sets that I am going to present tonight.

The first set is titled: "Elvis' Golden Records" which is a 10 lp. This set includes the lps: (1) On Stage February 1970; (2) That's The Way It Is; (3) Love Letters; (4) TV Special; (5) Elvis' Golden Records; (6)50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong- Elvis' Golden Records, Volume 2; (7) Elvis' Golden Records, Volume 3; (8) Blue Hawaii; (9) Roustabout; and (10) Speedway.

Interestingly,, about a month after I picked up this sets I came across a woman who was selling her husband's record collection. That collection included several of these 10lp sets from China. None of the sets were of Elvis but of artistis like Deep Purple, Jimi Hendrix and Charley Pride. And I think there was the Beatles "Let It Be" box in there also. Anyways, I contacted her and we exchanged information and she told me that when her husband served in the United States Navy back in the late 60's - early 70's he purchased the boxed record sets while on tour in the Orient (East Asia). I found that quite interesting and a bit of a verification on what I had already known about the sets as I vaguely remeber reading in a book a long time ago that these Elvis sets were produced in the 1970's.

So after this whole sequence of events I tried really hard to obtain any information that I could on Elvis records from China and more generally any Asian countries. Unfortunately, I just couldn't find anything. So if any of your vinyl collectors know anything it would be great to hear what you know. Also, I have seen other Elvis 10 lp sets from China over the years so there is even more out there. Nice!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Picture_002.jpg ( 140.75K ) Number of downloads: 5
Attached File  Picture_001.jpg ( 143.2K ) Number of downloads: 6

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElvisCollectorIn...
post Aug 14 2008, 03:06 AM
Post #37

The second set is titled "Now & Before: 1956-1972" which also is a 10 lp set. This set includes the lps: (1) Elvis Now; (2) That's The Way It Is; (3) On Stage, Februiary 1970; (4) He Touched Me; (5) Elvis As Recorded at Madison Square Garden; (6) Elvis' Golden Records, Volume 3; (7) Blue Hawaii; (8) G.I. Blues; (9) 50,000,00 Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong - Elvis' Golden Records, Volume 2; and (10) Elvis' Golden Records.

As an additional note on these two Chinese boxed sets is that I have seen more than one version of each so amazingly to me, there is more than one variation. Cooooooooool.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Picture_005.jpg ( 143.95K ) Number of downloads: 9
Attached File  Picture_003.jpg ( 157.59K ) Number of downloads: 6

--------------------

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Aug 26 2008, 06:18 AM
Post #38

Administrator
Group Icon

Those last two are new to my eyes......awesome looking sets !! Thanks for posting them (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Aug 26 2008, 06:19 AM
Post #39

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (ElvisCollectorInCanada @ Aug 12 2008, 02:36 AM) *
Hi everyone. I thought I would stop by and make an addition to this thread this evening. I thought I would post a picture of a really neat box of Elvis titled "Behind Closed Doors". This is a 4lp set that was released n 1979. This set includes outtakes from "Wild in the 'Country", "Blue Hawaii", "Kid Galahad", and "Paradise, Hawaiian Style". Then, the set moves into some live in Vegas material, studio outtakes from the early 70's, and a 10 minute, 42 second jam of "Don't Think Twice".

The first time I ever saw or heard of this set was in a collector's basement and I was blown away when I saw it. He played me some of the 70's material and it was great! In latter years I learned that there are two pressings of this vinyl set out there and the difference is in the labels. The cover shot is neat on the set, from the same session used on the U.K. "Almost in Love" lp.

Wonderful boxset that i remember being so happy to get hold of years ago.....and have been hoping for a CD equivalent ever since. Cool thread again my friend. (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

+Quote Post
andy_m
post Sep 14 2008, 12:23 PM
Post #40

At The Gates Of Graceland

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 27

Fantastic Box Sets very very nice (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)
Thanks for posting them (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/thanks.gif)

--------------------
The Lady Loves Me And Of Course She Knows It Yet!

+Quote Post
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:48 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities