Reply to this topic Start new topic
 1971, Why

Bama
post Feb 6 2006, 03:04 PM
Post #1

Almost In Memphis

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 11

I have a question? Why wasn't more rercorded in 1971 as compared to other concert years? I find 1971 to be a great year. I love the Impossible Dream CD. Any thoughts? Or is there a lot of unreleased 71 stuff as far as soundboards?

Bama [img]style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif[/img]

--------------------
It's Your Baby You Rock It
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Feb 6 2006, 06:49 PM
Post #2

Platinum Member

Member No.: 6

i think it is not that they were not recorded. I'd bet there are loads of gems still hidden...and that will not be released for a long time. 1971 was a fantastic year we in general know very little of

--------------------
I'd rather go on hearing your lies....than smell your armpits son
Atlanta - December 30th 1976

+Quote Post
Guest_Big Boss Man_*
post Feb 6 2006, 06:51 PM
Post #3

Guests

Bama, this is one question that I too have wondered. [img]style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif[/img]

Maybe it's because the tapes that were made during 71 are in the hands of people who are keeping them under their pillow, or because many of the tapes were either destroyed or recorded over? [img]style_emoticons/default/confused.gif[/img]

Nevertheless, I do believe that more shows from 71 were recorded on soundboard, along with shows from other periods (Las Vegas - Aug 75, Lake Tahoe 76, Las Vegas 76, Tours from Nov 72, June 73, July 75 etc), but they are in the hands of private collectors who want zillions of $$$$$ for them, or they are just plain stingy! [img]style_emoticons/default/confused.gif[/img]

A few years ago, I was able to ask Charlie Hodge just how often were Elvis' shows taped on the soundboard, and he basically said all of them were. Now granted, good ole' Charlie has been known for his tall tales, but I do believe a good many more were recorded than what we have already heard. I mean it just doesn't make sense to only record 1 show every tour or Vegas engagement. [img]style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Feb 6 2006, 07:21 PM
Post #4

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

I have to agree. I believe that there must be tapes from 1971. Its probably the most unknown year as far as live Elvis goes amongst fans. Due to such a lack of material. There are a few Audience recordings out there..but soundboards ...well...two that i can think of straight away....and thats about it.

I tend to think that some are in the hands of collectors. Collectors who are not prepared to share with other fans. Then again, why should they ? Even if we would all like to hear them...would we share them if we owned such treasures ? I would like to think i would...but who knows [img]style_emoticons/default/pinch.gif[/img] I also believe that BMG are still sitting on loads of live material. In the older Tunzi sessions book...it has a picture of a complete rack full of soundboards...wonder if we will all still be around when they get around to releasing the majority of them [img]style_emoticons/default/confused.gif[/img]

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

+Quote Post
Bama
post Feb 6 2006, 07:51 PM
Post #5

Almost In Memphis

Member No.: 11

[img]style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img] Thanks guys. To all the private collectors What is the point of holding these concerts? When you die BMG will get them anyway. Share them with the world and your life will be much richer [img]style_emoticons/default/gunsmilie.gif[/img]

Bama [img]style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif[/img]

--------------------
It's Your Baby You Rock It

+Quote Post
kenotess
post Feb 7 2006, 09:45 AM
Post #6

Aboard N880EP

Member No.: 293

Hi,
i am just in the process of updating my concert collection,i havent updated for ages due to personal reasons..I have so far about 81 71 concerts mp3 source,and i need to check around 100 more concerts not dated on mp3 source on my pc,so maybe there are a few more there..Then i need to check through 800+ cd and sort out the vegas dates and tours etc,but of course i have a lot of out-takes etc included in these,but i know i have quite a few 71 shows included in these..
I can send a dvd data disc to someone here,who in turn could pass it on etc,like a chain, with the 71 concerts i have if this helps anyone..you are more than welcome..with a little bit of co-operation,these should get to everyone over time..Elvis is for sharing,and making people happy..we cant take them with us!!
So if someone will send me an address,i will post tomorrow,and they can copy for the next friend..
hope there are a few anyone needs among them, [img]style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif[/img] !!!

--------------------
Best wishes to all Elvis fans worldwide!!

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2024 - 07:52 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities