Reply to this topic Start new topic
 Board improvements ?

REX
post Apr 10 2009, 03:16 PM
Post #41

Platinum Member

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 21,960

Hi. the first part of my post is about the 2nd page when you arrive at Kings court.

Is it possible to redesign this page with something like
ROXIO's PHOTO TICKER?
EITHER in the Movement from Right to Left at the Bottom

or Static at the bottom, with the pictures disolving and a new one appearing??

Have you seen anything like this Roxio programm, its only a short piece of code that operates it.
I understand you may have limitations in the current coding for Kings Court..

This is a different suggestion to what you are saying about the gallery..

for the Gallery if you cant change it how i was suggesting - how about some form of
A TABBED SYSTEM ALONG THE TOP ????

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Apr 10 2009, 06:33 PM
Post #42

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (REX @ Apr 10 2009, 04:16 PM) *
Hi. the first part of my post is about the 2nd page when you arrive at Kings court.

Is it possible to redesign this page with something like
ROXIO's PHOTO TICKER?
EITHER in the Movement from Right to Left at the Bottom

or Static at the bottom, with the pictures disolving and a new one appearing??

Have you seen anything like this Roxio programm, its only a short piece of code that operates it.
I understand you may have limitations in the current coding for Kings Court..

This is a different suggestion to what you are saying about the gallery..

for the Gallery if you cant change it how i was suggesting - how about some form of
A TABBED SYSTEM ALONG THE TOP ????

Looking into it Rex. The 2nd page when you arrive is called the "Portal" and is controlled by the forum software too...but am looking at plug-ins (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

+Quote Post
REX
post Apr 10 2009, 07:26 PM
Post #43

Platinum Member

This is from the Bi-Weekly COMPUTERACTIVE newsagent magazine
The special information Website, to the magazine
A very good and secure website - with many free download programmes

ROXIO MEDIA TICKER (Download) Click next line.
http://www.computeractive.co.uk/articles/download/2161389

A very short download (no time at all) and you will have
all your picture files scrolling along the bottom of you COMPUTER SCREEN
easy to turn on or off,
RIGHT CLICK program for File Options, and tick the box for which files you want it to display
Clicking on any photo in the scrolling display, will show that photo in a larger box,
the scrolling stops while your curser arrow is on the Ticker
An option to just have the 4 picture box's static, with smooth picture disolves also available

WOULD BE INTERESTED IN HEARING WHAT EVERYONE THINKS OF THIS GREAT LITTLE DOWNLOAD ???

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Batman
post Apr 12 2009, 12:44 AM
Post #44

Aboard N880EP

Member No.: 3,686

I like the things the way they are and always have right from the begining i dont visit as often as i should do anymore but my heart is still with TKC wow 4 years Chris seems more like a life time

--------------------
"Too the Batmobile let's go !!!!!"

+Quote Post
First In Line
post Apr 12 2009, 03:59 AM
Post #45

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 82

QUOTE (Neil @ Apr 11 2009, 08:44 PM) *
I like the things the way they are and always have right from the begining i dont visit as often as i should do anymore but my heart is still with TKC wow 4 years Chris seems more like a life time

Well, look what the bat dragged in (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

--------------------

Matt

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Apr 12 2009, 10:33 AM
Post #46

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (Neil @ Apr 12 2009, 01:44 AM) *

Time sure does fly mate.....good to hear from you Neil....hope that all is good with you and yours mate (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...

+Quote Post
REX
post Apr 12 2009, 11:13 AM
Post #47

Platinum Member

QUOTE (NightRider @ Apr 12 2009, 11:33 AM) *
Time sure does fly mate.....good to hear from you Neil....hope that all is good with you and yours mate (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

Hi! did you get a chance to look at the ROXIO MEDIA TICKER Chris, my post 10th April, 8.26pm

just wondered what you thought of the Effect !!! ???

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Batman
post Apr 12 2009, 11:58 AM
Post #48

Aboard N880EP

I think it would be too much to keep adding things to how TKC looks over the years it has chance slightly not like many of the site that take about 20 mins to get anywhere because a video is loading or things along that line keeping TKC crisp and welcoming that it is now is more than good enough, a change of banner or artwork is pretty good many site go down hill because not everyone wants to wait or they dont have superfast internet connection IMO keep it going as it is little changes mean a lot to real fans

PS Hi Matt Hi Chris & Jules hoping to spend some real time on the board again might even buck for my old spot again ha ha ha

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Apr 12 2009, 06:24 PM
Post #49

Platinum Member

Member No.: 6

Best thing on this thread is to have seen Neil posting again! Long time no see mate, hope you're doing great!

I do agree that it's little changes which really matter, however all ideas should be well considered...TKC might become more welcoming and comfy.

--------------------
I'd rather go on hearing your lies....than smell your armpits son
Atlanta - December 30th 1976

+Quote Post
The Batman
post Apr 12 2009, 06:28 PM
Post #50

Aboard N880EP

Hey gordon and thanks this forum came out off the mind of one person "Mr Nightrider" himself the small changes over the years have been really good for the site, I have looked over many many Elvis forums and the big changes seem to spoil things IMO but yes everything should be considered after all any changes to TKC member have always be asked to pick and choose which it has remaind the best out there

--------------------

+Quote Post
REX
post Apr 12 2009, 08:50 PM
Post #51

Platinum Member

QUOTE (Neil @ Apr 12 2009, 07:28 PM) *
Hey gordon and thanks this forum came out off the mind of one person "Mr Nightrider" himself the small changes over the years have been really good for the site, I have looked over many many Elvis forums and the big changes seem to spoil things IMO but yes everything should be considered after all any changes to TKC member have always be asked to pick and choose which it has remaind the best out there

Sorry to have to say something about how this WEBSITE works.. I'm very new to this site (only 4 months)

~Firstly you post a 1000 word piece, I know hardly anyone posts 1000+ word posts ITS PROBABLY JUST ME WITH TOO MUCH TO SAY ABOUT ELVIS
But a lot of things have moved on about TEXT in Microsoft Word and open office (I use both) up to a couple of weeks ago I was using
Word 2007, which is a docx file, while the earlier Word was a doc file. So I really struggled to Copy and paste, then when this topic about improvements
started, I was the first to jump in, and i have been jumping in ever since.

Its helped because now KC can handle a (docx file) it just had never been updated to handle them..

It can also handle MACROMEDIA "FLASH" FILES, I'm the only one using them (so far) but they open within Kings Court, it may take 1 to 2 minutes to
load depending on the file size. It doesn't effect anyone else on the site, by slowing anything down you are looking at, I will be using FLASH FILES (SWF)
much more in the future. I want them to add an Extra dimension to some of my topics..

We can also now open full AVI slide or movie Elvis shows, via Jordans site.

Now about ~ YOUTUBE and Facebook, why should we spend hours designing a mini masterpiece on Elvis, and have to give it to the likes of YouTube, so they
have the free use of your work that you had done exclusively for ELVIS THE KINGS COURT. It should stay In House (KC) not being CLICKED TO the
likes of Facebook, which by the way takes all the names in your Email files and passes them on to increase the WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE ON MY WALL
which I don't want to be...

At the moment I'm Adding Ideas about the KINGS COURT GALLERY , a month ago I decided that a lot of pictures needed Information adding to them
because a lot of information about photos has been copied so many times, most people Adding pics don't have the information anymore. This is a
problem thats growing and getting worse... I thought OK I can fill in a bit of info to some or a lot of these. So I posted some comments, then I sat
looking at the photo for 30 minutes or so THINKING well why can't I see the Info I just posted. IT SHOULD BE RIGHT UP BY THE PHOTO - whats the
point of adding Info if no one can see it. I had to ask what happened to my Info.. not only that it didn't register I had done a post to my total,
the site had lost the information I had made a post. You sort of feel a bit drained of your life, if its been ignored, it becomes POINTLESS to bother
with the PHOTO GALLERY. which is a shame I feel - the pictures are easily HALF of the Story. So I feel strongly something should be done about
bringing the photo section more MAINSTREAM, which is why I'm asking NIGHT RIDER what he thinks of ROXIO PHOTO TICKER, its a great little
program, it would bring your own computer to life, with a Photo News Motion Ticker Strip running along the bottom of your screen. TRY IT, SEE WHAT
YOU THINK. - This site gets more Un-named visitors than members sometimes, they come back often, I want to see them stay much longer.
And the Photos gallery is one of the tools to achieving this. SORRY BUT I BELEIVE IN PROGRESS, YOU CAN'T STAY KEEPING IT THE SAME FOREVER

Most Elvis Sites are looking very old fashioned and out-dated looking, KINGS COURT still looks modern, and the new opening screen is way ahead of
its time. - I know NIGHT RIDER is working and looking at other new looks (saw one briefly the other night, that I half liked -for the moment it was on)

I'm sure whatever happens at KINGS COURT - even if you think it doesn't need it, you will change your minde when you see the next changes
(I hope) SincerELy..... REX

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Batman
post Apr 12 2009, 09:12 PM
Post #52

Aboard N880EP

having been with TKC since day one adn before that Thje Legend and the original site Chris had I have seen many changes all of them for the good, but like i have said before lots of sites have many gimicks, IMO text that people read are more satisfying i too believe in progress but a lot of things just make the sites look cheap and cheerfull, i prefer to read what people like you and many other members my knowledge of elvis has grown because of people like yourself and having as much info as possible makes a site not slide shows and videos, but that is just my opinion and not the way it is

--------------------

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Apr 12 2009, 10:31 PM
Post #53

Administrator
Group Icon

Sorry Rex....not had time to check it out as yet....but i will. Thanks for posting it. (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

As for changing things...i think that you all know by now...i always try and do the best for the forum. If i think its something we need...then i will look into it. As for Rex's ideas for the Portal page...i am all for something along those lines. I know what you mean too Neil...change is not always for the better....which is why i consider many things before talking any action. (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

+Quote Post
The Batman
post Apr 13 2009, 10:48 AM
Post #54

Aboard N880EP

I know you always give things many hours of thought buddy before you even ask on the forum what people want that is what makes TKC the best around

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Apr 13 2009, 11:00 AM
Post #55

Platinum Member

Member No.: 6

not being impulsive is an important virtue which you, Chris have always had since TKC started. Always giving things alot of thought but then act as well....(I always seem to stop at Step 1) - As Neil has said...it is one of the things which makes TKC th best around

--------------------
I'd rather go on hearing your lies....than smell your armpits son
Atlanta - December 30th 1976

+Quote Post
REX
post Apr 14 2009, 01:37 AM
Post #56

Platinum Member

QUOTE (NightRider @ Apr 12 2009, 11:31 PM) *
Sorry Rex....not had time to check it out as yet....but i will. Thanks for posting it. (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

As for changing things...i think that you all know by now...i always try and do the best for the forum. If i think its something we need...then i will look into it. As for Rex's ideas for the Portal page...i am all for something along those lines. I know what you mean too Neil...change is not always for the better....which is why i consider many things before talking any action. (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif)

Some of the changes I'm asking for, are the ways you implement TEXT AND PICTURES up onto KINGS COURT
YOU DON'T SEE THESE CHANGES IN THE FINISHED TOPIC/POST

IF YOU ARE SPENDING A COUPLE OF HOURS ON GETTING A STACK OF INFO INTO A TOPIC, AND THEN A LOT OF THAT TIME IS SPENT
FORMATTING, CHANGING THE SIZE, THE COLOUR, THE FONT, MAKING PART......................

you see in the middle of this, I get a POP UP knock my screen off HALF WAY THROUGH THIS REPLY (see Capture of POP UP)
Attached File  zzzPOPUP.jpg ( 27.82K ) Number of downloads: 1

......... BOLD, and sometimes centering it.

then all the pictures, once uploaded, need to be inserted in the the parts of the story they belong.

DO YOU REALLY WANT TO SEE ALL THE TEXT "SLIPPING AND SLIDDING" UP AND DOWN THE SCREEN, HAVING NO CONTROL OF IT
having to slide it back down to the bottom for the next change you want to make to it.

IT'S SO VERY FRUSTRATING....

ALSO WHEN YOU HIGHLIGHT A LINE, FOR SIZING, COLOURS, POSITION - FONT ETC., in a work program that would stay HIGHLIGHTED
JUST THE ONCE FOR HOW EVER MANY THINGS YOU WANT TO DO WITH IT.

INSTEAD it has to be RE-HIGHLIGHTED EVERY SINGLE TIME, WHICH IS very TIME CONSUMING,

OK so it doesn't bother the people that just come along and do a couple of quick sentances for their post of the day..

Well I very rarely do short get it done out of the way QUICKY REPLIED, IF I HAVE A QUICKLY REPLY ABOUT SOMETHING I LIKE
I WOULD ALWAYS WANT TO SPEND THE TIME ON ADDING SOMETHING EXTRA TO THE TOPIC.

THAT THE WHOLE POINT OF THE TOPIC IN THE FIRST PLACE....

So if something will make it easier in the way a program works and is implemented - YOU WILL ALWAYS FIND ME TRYING TO FIND AN EASIER METHOD.

End of story. REX

--------------------

+Quote Post
REX
post Apr 14 2009, 01:44 AM
Post #57

Platinum Member

IT'S SO VERY FRUSTRATING.... continued....

Would like to know how a WIKAPEDIA information Box
can POP UP in the middle of my last post ???????????????????????????????????

and knock half of my TEXT out, so I've got to start again..
I could have been doing a couple of 100% Elvis Posts
instead of having to talk about all this stuff.......

--------------------

+Quote Post
REX
post Apr 14 2009, 01:47 AM
Post #58

Platinum Member

HAS ANYONE ON "KINGS COURT"
LOOKED AT THE
ROXIO MEDIA PHOTO TICKER
PROGRAM YET ???????????
AND IF YOU HAVE
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT.

YOU CAN USE IT ON YOUR OWN COMPUTER
IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT
ELVIS THE KINGS COURT. !!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Apr 14 2009, 06:33 AM
Post #59

Administrator
Group Icon

No need to shout Rex.....we can hear ya you know (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif)

I am looking for something to improve your posting problems....as i have already told you. Sorry, but things cannot always happen over night. It may be something that we can never improve on, if we stick with this forum software. But...you will have to bear with us i am afraid...for the time being at least.

--------------------
TCB Chris

+Quote Post
The Batman
post Apr 14 2009, 07:43 AM
Post #60

Aboard N880EP

Your work is inspiring REX no denying that and always fascinating to read keep the work coming it is people like you that have made me want to come back to TKC 2 word replies have no real information in them but the start of the topics usually do not every Elvis fan has the knowledge of some of our members but you help them to build their knowledge up so once again thank you for the time you spend writting it all out

--------------------

+Quote Post
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th July 2024 - 01:03 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities