1000 Members?

NightRider
post Apr 29 2008, 09:38 PM
Post #21

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

I see we hit the 1000 earlier today (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dj_ethan
post Apr 30 2008, 09:40 AM
Post #22

At The Gates Of Graceland

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 4,680

Congratulations Chris !

1,000 Members Can't Be Wrong !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Suspicious Minds
post Apr 30 2008, 05:56 PM
Post #23

Platinum Member

Member No.: 278

We got the 1,000 members again.
Let's hope these recent members will post something soon.

--------------------
Frank

Every man has a Flaming Star

+Quote Post
pacer1965
post May 1 2008, 03:54 PM
Post #24

Platinum Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 16

(IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/woohoo.gif) Great news Chris

TCE
Lorraine

--------------------
See How They Shine,Oh If You Need A Friend,I'm Sailing Right Behind

+Quote Post
KEV
post May 3 2008, 09:11 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 31

Well done to all folk"s who post on here for making it the best Forum on the MEMPHIS BOY!.

New members,quicker you post the quicker you will get over that 1st one...post and say HI,then your off and running.

--------------------

+Quote Post
KEV
post May 28 2008, 11:30 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 31

New posters/members...come on and get your 1st post on the board.

Then you will be of and running...back for more posts to put up.

--------------------

+Quote Post
REX
post Jun 4 2009, 03:41 AM
Post #27

Platinum Member

Member No.: 21,960

QUOTE (NightRider @ Apr 29 2008, 10:38 PM) *
I see we hit the 1000 earlier today (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

Google reading this,

pulled me over to see what it was all about......

So its been over a YEAR now,

since everyone was Thinking about this !!!

So could anyone give me a quick run-down
on what happened Next up to Xmas ?

WAS IT A HAPPY ENDING ???

Are we now Looking at the next 1000,

what happened to some of the 1st 1000...

Does anything need to be done about it?

We could try Baiting them with One Dollar Bills on

Fishing Hooks.

Or should I get the Gang Together,
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rubberface.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/busted_cop.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/kicking.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/taz.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/geek.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/up.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aggressive.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/aggressive.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/busted_cop.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/black_eye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/victory.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rubberface.gif)
and do a bit more pressing !!!! :

--------------------

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Jun 4 2009, 06:02 AM
Post #28

Administrator
Group Icon

We sure have moved on in terms of the amount of members we have. Sadly...few of them do actually post. I guess thats the same on most forums though...a small percentage of the total members making most of the posts.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif) We have also "lost" some very long term members over the past month or so....something which has both suprised and disappointed me somewhat...but i guess that's life... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused.gif)

I will send out an e-mail reminder to all members in the next day or so...and see if we can attract a few of them to contribute to the board a little. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...

+Quote Post
colonel snow
post Jun 4 2009, 09:35 AM
Post #29

Platinum Member

Member No.: 482

I'm glad that the forum lives with 1000 members; however you can't expect that all members have the same contribution to a forum. Some members are looking for news that they find here. You must have interesting news to post and not every person has that news.
Some members go for meeting other fans on the forum.
Every one has his own reason to become a member but for me it is the reason to read and to learn more about Elvis' music etc.

colonel snow

--------------------

+Quote Post
charlierogers
post Jun 4 2009, 11:51 AM
Post #30

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Member No.: 22,212
From: Ontario Canada - Home of Collingwood Elvis Festival

QUOTE (NightRider @ Jun 4 2009, 06:02 AM) *
We sure have moved on in terms of the amount of members we have. Sadly...few of them do actually post. I guess thats the same on most forums though...a small percentage of the total members making most of the posts.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif) We have also "lost" some very long term members over the past month or so....something which has both suprised and disappointed me somewhat...but i guess that's life... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused.gif)

I will send out an e-mail reminder to all members in the next day or so...and see if we can attract a few of them to contribute to the board a little. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif)

How do you know if you've 'lost' someone.....do they send you an e-mail?

--------------------

+Quote Post
C.C.Rider
post Jun 4 2009, 12:20 PM
Post #31

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Member No.: 66

I can't speak for Chris, but i just "notice". There are a few members that were always here and no longer post or even visit the site. I have even PMD a couple of them, but with no response. Shame. I miss them and so does the board. I suppose they will have their reasons.

I assume that's what Chris means by lost. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif)

--------------------
Regards Shaun

Bruce Springsteen
He was as big as the whole country itself, as big as the whole dream. He just embodied the essence of it and he was in mortal combat with the thing. Nothing will ever take the place of that guy.

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Jun 4 2009, 08:24 PM
Post #32

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (C.C.Rider @ Jun 4 2009, 01:20 PM) *
I can't speak for Chris, but i just "notice". There are a few members that were always here and no longer post or even visit the site. I have even PMD a couple of them, but with no response. Shame. I miss them and so does the board. I suppose they will have their reasons.

I assume that's what Chris means by lost. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif)

That is what i meant...thanks Shaun. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

There are a few i have PM'd too...over the months....with no response from some.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused.gif)

When people do leave the board it's just nice to know that they are ok....and not just vanish without a word like a few have done.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif)

Anyhow that's in the past. I look forward to the new bunch of active members...as the world turns... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

+Quote Post
Suspicious Minds
post Jun 5 2009, 06:56 AM
Post #33

Platinum Member

Every forum member knows that there are a small number posters posting on each Elvis forum.
Even TKC has over a 1,000 members and TKC has less than 100 members posting.
One or two other forums has over 3,000 members with less than a 100 regulars posting.
I too have notice some members has decided to stop posting.
It maybe due to their working hours and interest.
Now if all the members would post as well there could be a lot more interesting topics.

--------------------
Frank

+Quote Post
colonel snow
post Jun 5 2009, 10:59 AM
Post #34

Platinum Member

In my opinion I prefer 100 members posting important things then 1000 members posting topics without interesting things.
I'm not curious about the colour of socks Elvis wore and that kind of topics. A forum must keep quality.

colonel snow

--------------------

+Quote Post
C.C.Rider
post Jun 5 2009, 12:23 PM
Post #35

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Member No.: 66

QUOTE (colonel snow @ Jun 5 2009, 11:59 AM) *
In my opinion I prefer 100 members posting important things then 1000 members posting topics without interesting things.
I'm not curious about the colour of socks Elvis wore and that kind of topics. A forum must keep quality.

colonel snow

Agreed, Henk (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

--------------------
Regards Shaun

Bruce Springsteen
He was as big as the whole country itself, as big as the whole dream. He just embodied the essence of it and he was in mortal combat with the thing. Nothing will ever take the place of that guy.

+Quote Post
Suspicious Minds
post Jun 6 2009, 09:01 AM
Post #36

Platinum Member

I don't want to know what he ate on a certain day or time or what colour clothes he wore.
If more members posted there could be more interesting topics.
I find Rex's topics refreshing but it's down to a handful of regular posters again.

--------------------
Frank

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Jun 6 2009, 09:31 AM
Post #37

Administrator
Group Icon

Its always been down to just a handful of members...as was said before..thats the same on most forums. Some of the new posters (forgive me if i forget anyone, its certainly not intentional...such as Rex, Carol and Donna for example) are great additions to the forum...adding to what we already did have. The forum has to move on to survive.

I miss some of the old posters...some more than others...but they have made their decisions for whatever reasons and all i can do is wish them the very best.

colonel snow

I kind of agree. I think that a forum needs all sorts to be honest. There are threads that all members enjoy...and threads that only some will....it's cool to have a bit of everything...for serious threads to the fun ones. Its what makes a forum. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

+Quote Post
colonel snow
post Jun 6 2009, 01:01 PM
Post #38

Platinum Member

as far as I can judge the forum with all kind of posters works good now; it always can better.

colonel snow

--------------------

+Quote Post
REX
post Jun 6 2009, 03:07 PM
Post #39

Platinum Member

Member No.: 21,960

QUOTE (NightRider @ Jun 6 2009, 10:31 AM) *
.......Its always been down to just a handful of members...as was said before..thats the same on most forums. Some of the new posters (forgive me if i forget anyone, its certainly not intentional...such as Rex, Carol and Donna for example) are great additions to the forum...adding to what we already did have. The forum has to move on to survive.

I miss some of the old posters...some more than others...but they have made their decisions for whatever reasons and all i can do is wish them the very best.

I kind of agree. I think that a forum needs all sorts to be honest. There are threads that all members enjoy...and threads that only some will....it's cool to have a bit of everything...for serious threads to the fun ones. Its what makes a forum. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

Hi Chris and Everyone,
hope you don't mind a few of my observations. (gonna give them anyway, but its always nice to ask....)

Firstly thanks for the Citations to my Team (!) and myself. Sometimes I wonder if I'm just a bit over the top with some of the things I post, and you think I'm just a bit Crazy for this Forum. (but I like to be serious also) - I see a lot of Read Views, even without the adding a post, if I wasn't getting the VIEWS I REALLY WOULD feel worried....

When I think back to the Old ELVIS MONTHLY Magazine days (60s and up to the mid 70s) you sort of only remember ANNE E NIXON and TERRY MAILEY jnr - with people like Penny Sayer, and Albert Hand, - they all seemed to write in Every Issue, and Elvis Special. Some issues a lot of the others spent a lot of time Moaning it was always the same people writting, but didn't do much about it themselves. I picked up some issues of the Monthly from the 80s last week on a market. (I stopped buying it in the 70s) and it still had the same lot of moaning, WHATS HAPPENING WITH THE ELVIS MONTHLY.... etc.,

I wrote a few bits for the Monthly in the 60s and early 70s, then I met Peter Wilson, who did a monthly Branch Newsheet, so i wrote in that. My first article for Pete, got the wires buzzing from the FClub, - they seemed to feel I treated them unfairly. Later Peter Moved up to Gloucestershire, so we got together on a few things.... - in the early 70s I only wrote a few letters to the Music Papers, as my ELVIS NEWS SERVICE TOOK OVER MY LIFE....;

The News service had more regular Readers writting great Info, than the British FC and Monthly combined, The USA - Canada fans really helped me a lot
with special mention to Martha Collins, Patricia Ann Cervone, Len and Rosemarie Leech, Christine Hayes, Glen Hardins Auntie, Dan Fitzpatric (in the Kitchens at the international~Hilton) - Elvis Empire, Steve Toli and Barbra Dobie and many many other. - In England my best Friend JOHN ANDREWS wrote some of the best reviews by anyone, along with CHRISTINE COLCLOUGH who also wrote Vegas Reviews after Review. Every issue I had some super support on the Elvis news front. - It probably should have been more than the 800 to 1000 issues a week, but it kept me more than busy enough.

The Internet - when it really got started, I think had a lot of New Excitement about Elvis forums - Not having a computer or the time until almost 5 years ago, I Viewed at the Library, but didn't join in. - At the time I didn't want the internet at home, and only went to the Library a couple of times a week
to catch up on things. - I was happy with that, and just got on with a few projects on Elvis at home on my first PC.

Nigel at EIN contacting me for an Interview last year, changed everything about the internet and how I viewed it. For one thing I wanted to view the Interview before anyone else, and HAD TO GET AN E-MAIL ACCOUNT - so I was able to see it and send in a few corrections to Nigel and add a few Ideas about the layout. - Nigel Trailered my interviews on FECC, so I joined Kings Court to do the same. By december I sort of knew I had to get on the Internet at home, while making my first Topic post on Elvis The Kings Court.

Really I didn't think about the Re-action, just thought I would add to something about Elvis that I had an interest in, and that would be it.

But you all sort of surprised me with the response, and slowly I thought that this was the Best place to Hang out.. The Elvis Vibes just drew me in....
(Unlike the other sites) - it probably helped that it was a smaller tight group of fans - that got along great together. (something I didn't see on the other forums)

Talking about missing Members ! I have seen a few that joined long ago, have started popping back in again to View the Topics at least.

Also I was so pleased that TCBNdixie has managed to find the time to return, she has so much Energy around KINGS COURT - and also very talented in the things she does, plus can always pull some interesting Elvis Goodie from her collection. SO A BIG WELCOME BACK FROM ME.

I'm happy to share my Memories, My Elvis files, and Collection on Kings Court. Some things puzzle me, like fans that have info but don't wish to share it? to add to a topic to make it even more interesting -maybe I just don't understand that, but will in the future.......

Some members have more Imagination than others, so will always post more and longer, the others have a really nice Charm about them in what they do- which is a nice balance on the forum and topics. I like the respect to each an other. Something Chris has really helped to develop.

Colonel Snow .... Ahh.. I think the Ladies do like to know the Colour of Elvis' socks, and the 10 little piggies in them.. Now i think that topic shouldn't be too serious, AN "ELVIS" SOCK IT TO YOU TOPIC.... may have an interest with some members of this Elvis Site (Don't you think ?) I'm sure as this is read some are already nodding approval.... and sorting out the pictures in readyness.............. But I know what you mean about the same sort of topics as seen on other Forums.

We can do some of those Standard Seen Topics, BUT MUCH BETTER. because we have the Width Space on Kings Court, and also better ways of Uploading the photos with captions ~you can do them with a Different Elvis Slant. I'm not keen of the Photo Favs Topic, because it just throws pics in without any comments, at the start that was OK, but now I would rather see all the Photos Themed to type, with comments, then add comments, make them a little amusing (I'm sure Elvis would have appreciated that) ----------Think of a Title or name thats a little lighthearted, and you have the making's of a Very viewable, Readable and amusing Topic.. Themed Picture Elvis topics, could do with being archive linked to the Gallery, which would very much enhance that section.

At the start of the year we had a slight imbalance of Viewers and Posters in the GUYS & GALS members I think (?) - Its nice to see and view more Elvis Female Fans joining in the Activities. I know we have slightly different things we all look for about Elvis, and trying to embrace this is something that must be achieved in the Harmony of the Elvis Legacy.

Its difficuilt to sustain a strong Membership, but it has to be worth the effort. SincerELy .... REX.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Jun 6 2009, 08:44 PM
Post #40

Administrator
Group Icon

Thanks for posting your views/opinions Rex. It's always good to know what others are thinking. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

I agree...in some ways...being a reasonably small community makes this a better place. Some of the bigger forums seem full of arguements and lack of respect for each other. Thats another reason why i love this place so much. Even if you don't agree with someone elses opinion...you should still be able to have a calm discussion about it. You simply can't do that on some forums i feel. Also, the lack of downloads keeps alot of people/members away. But i am really not into offering downloads ( or downloading them for that matter).....and personally don't agree with sites that do. But having said that....to each their own.

The forum continue's to grow. Members like yourself Rex ( and others of course) help that. We are headed in the right direction IMO....and long may that continue... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

+Quote Post
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th July 2024 - 04:26 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities