Reply to this topic Start new topic
 Moody Blue, 2 Albums

First In Line
post Aug 14 2007, 02:55 PM
Post #1

Down in the Jungle Room

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 82

I had the Viva Las Vegas 2 disc set in my hands last night at Wal-mart, along with the 2 dvd set of tie and ttwii. I debated for about a half hour on what to buy. Finally I said to hell with it and put them all back, lol. Now I am on the hunt for a mint original copy The American Way Vol. 4. I did notice that the new version of the Mood Blue album has the last two albums Elvis did on one disc. I was quite surprised at that. Why would they do that? It makes no sense to me really except for the simple fact that they did it so everyone would go out and buy it.

--------------------

Matt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fonziesplace
post Aug 15 2007, 12:51 AM
Post #2

Listening to Elvis

Member No.: 476

QUOTE (MattC @ Aug 14 2007, 10:55 AM) *
I had the Viva Las Vegas 2 disc set in my hands last night at Wal-mart, along with the 2 dvd set of tie and ttwii. I debated for about a half hour on what to buy. Finally I said to hell with it and put them all back, lol. Now I am on the hunt for a mint original copy The American Way Vol. 4. I did notice that the new version of the Mood Blue album has the last two albums Elvis did on one disc. I was quite surprised at that. Why would they do that? It makes no sense to me really except for the simple fact that they did it so everyone would go out and buy it.

Moody Blue (Remastered) has been out since 2000 which features the albums Moody Blue (minus Let Me Be There from Memphis 74) and From Elvis Presley Blvd, Memphis Tennessee. That came out along with Aloha From Hawaii (Remastered), An Afternoon in the Garden, Blue Hawaii (Remastered), and several others. Promised Land (Remasterd) features also two albums. Of course, Promised Land and the other is Good Times. The Moody Blue album you are talking about has this. A photo of Elvis wearing the silver phoenix suit. On the back it shows the red phoenix and shows a small photo of the EPBMT cover. On the back of the booklet is the original cover of Moody Blue.

+Quote Post
First In Line
post Aug 15 2007, 05:28 AM
Post #3

Down in the Jungle Room

Yep, that's it Kellie! I guess it would be ok to have as long as there is no loss in the quality. I really wouldn't like having it though considering both complete albums aren't on it

--------------------

Matt

+Quote Post
fonziesplace
post Aug 15 2007, 01:57 PM
Post #4

Listening to Elvis

Member No.: 476

QUOTE (MattC @ Aug 15 2007, 01:28 AM) *
Yep, that's it Kellie! I guess it would be ok to have as long as there is no loss in the quality. I really wouldn't like having it though considering both complete albums aren't on it

From Elvis Presley Blvd, Memphis Tennessee is all on there I think. It is just all of Moody Blue isn't on there. It is missing Let Me Be There from Memphis 74. I guess they wanted the album just contain songs from 1976 and 1977.

+Quote Post
First In Line
post Aug 15 2007, 03:04 PM
Post #5

Down in the Jungle Room

I will probably go ahead and get this sooner or later, probably much later though, lol

--------------------

Matt

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Aug 15 2007, 06:05 PM
Post #6

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (MattC @ Aug 15 2007, 04:04 PM) *
I will probably go ahead and get this sooner or later, probably much later though, lol

Matt...its the best sounding version of either Moody Blue or FEPB you will hear.....you be be very pleasantly suprised !! I would recommend that you buy it....to me its essential (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

+Quote Post
memphis 77
post Aug 22 2007, 03:37 PM
Post #7

At The Gates Of Graceland

Member No.: 683

QUOTE (NightRider @ Aug 15 2007, 07:05 PM) *
Matt...its the best sounding version of either Moody Blue or FEPB you will hear.....you be be very pleasantly suprised !! I would recommend that you buy it....to me its essential (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

I agree that the sound and overall production of these releases were great, at the time marketing/projects manager frankie pezella , had some real great ideas, it's to bad she was wooed by warner just 3 months later , because she wanted to put out a 70's live best of that would of included a revamp of recorded live from memphis... with added tracks. I have bin really disapointed with many of bmg/sony releases over the past 3 years, it seems that the marketing department has no clue what good ideas were lost with the camp of 2000.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Joern
post Aug 22 2007, 03:56 PM
Post #8

Listening to Elvis

Member No.: 165

If you really didn't buy the 2 CD set from Viva Las Vegas than you should hurry to do it now. Imo it's the best sounding '69 concert that's around and I really doubt that it can get any better than this - one of the highlights is the best version of 'What'd I Say' that you'll ever hear from EP.

Joern

+Quote Post
memphis 77
post Sep 18 2007, 03:39 PM
Post #9

At The Gates Of Graceland

Member No.: 683

i must agree that the 69 concert is great sounding , but the show itself is not as great as previous efforts - and i believe they could have included some previously unreleased material from feb/70 engaement [many boots have surfaced with some great material from this period], again for me this release left alot to be desired.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 06:15 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities