Let Me Be The One - Behind Closed Doors, Audionics

JohanD
post Aug 28 2009, 05:38 PM
Post #1

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19

01. Dialogue / Spanish Eyes #1 / Dialogue ; 02. Young At Heart (partial) / Dialogue ; 03. Let Me Be The One ; 04. Baby, What You Want Me To Do ; 05. I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry ; 06. Rocky Top (instrumental); 07. Spanish Eyes #2 (with reprise) ; 08. C. C. Rider ; 09. That's All Right, Mama; 10. Your Life Has Just Begun; 11. Tear Drops / 'sorority songs'; 12. Elvis recites a poem / Dialogue ; 13. You'll Never Walk Alone (partial) * ; 14. If I Loved You * ; 15. The Lord's Prayer / If I Loved You (reprise) * ; 16. I Wonder, I Wonder, I Wonder * ; 17. An Evening Prayer (partial) * ; 18. Make Believe * ; 19. She Wears My Ring *; 20. Sweet Leilani #1 * ; 21. Sweet Leilani # 2 * ; 22. Sweet Leilani (reprise) ; 23. Beyond The Reef ; 24. When The Swallows Come Back To Capistrano ; 25. He ; 26. Hands Off ; 27. Lawdy Miss Clawdy (partial)

Tracks 1-3 recorded in Elvis Presley's Home, Palm Springs, CA,- April 1974.

Tracks 4-11 recorded at Sam Thompson home, Memphis, TN - November 1973.

Tracks 12-25 recorded at EP's Residence at Monovale Dr., Hollywood, CA. - November 1960.

This cd is a real gem!!
The soundquality compared to the FTD's is improved a bit,but the main thing is that these homerecordings are now released un-edited for the first time!
It's great to hear Elvis and his own backing group Voice having fun together at his Palm springs home in 1974.
We all heard "Spanish eyes" from this date before,but the tape keeps on running here!!
We get a full "new" song,with Elvis singing bass and some snippets of "Young at heart".

The 1973 recordings where released before on FTD,but this time we all get them complete,including the obscure songs and in between talking!
A real joy to listen too!!

Part three is the complete 1960 recording of wich parts where released on FTD too.
Elvis is joined by Nancy Sharp(she does sing good!!) and Red West.
What a great listening this is!!

Hear Elvis at home,with his friends, having fun,in a great(considering the source) soundquality!!
Parts of it is released before on import and FTD.
But thyere is enough new stuff to get exited about!
Audionics put together a very fantastic listening cd!!
One to enjoy over and over again!
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Let_Me_Be_The_One___Behind_Closed_Doors.jpg ( 520.35K ) Number of downloads: 2
Attached File  17___An_Evening_Prayer.wav ( 5.31MB ) Number of downloads: 0

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Bradley_*
post Aug 28 2009, 05:43 PM
Post #2

Guests

The sound rocks on this one, sat and listened to half of it the other night..loved Let Me Be The One and the jam of Baby what do you want me to do.
Fine release. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:41 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities