Vegas Rythm, released by Gravel Road Music / 2007

stefan
post Apr 22 2007, 12:53 PM
Post #1

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 10

(IMG:http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/imleaving/voorkantrythm.jpg)

(IMG:http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/imleaving/achterkantrythhm-2.jpg)

Vegas Rhythm

Genre: live recording
Format: soundboard
Sound: excellent
Tracks: 20
Playing Time: 51:06

Recorded live: Las Vegas, NE, February 3rd 1973 Dinner Show

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01 2001 Theme (1:41)
02 See See Rider (2:28)
03 I Got A Woman - Amen (3:10)
04 Untill It's Time For You To Go (2:31)
05 You Don't Have To Say You Love Me (2:06)
06 Steamroller Blues (2:55)
07 You Gave Me A Mountain (3:18)
08 Fever (2:52)
09 Love Me (1:32)
10 Blue Suede Shoes (1:15)
11 Love Me Tender (1:50)
12 Johnny B. Good (1:42)
13 Hound Dog (2:07)
14 What Now My Love (3:09)
15 Suspicious Minds (5:05)
16 Band Introductions (1:38)
17 I'll Remember You (2:38)
18 I Can't Stop Loving You (2:21)
19 American Trilogy (4:40)
20 Can't Help Falling In Love - Closing Vamp* (2:10)

* taken from the 'opening vamp'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes:

Good Dinner Show concert. The concert is very laid back, professional and has a pleasing song line up.

This concert was released in 1993 as It's A Matter Of Time (wrongly dated as being the February 5th 1973 Dinner Show) by Fort Baxter.

The sound on this re-release is, imo, much better than the Baxter release, which had fantastic sound already. On this release the sound is extremely well balanced and it has a great 'ambient feel'. In other words, it's one of the few soundboards that gives you a 'being there' feeling.

Audio Sample: Johnny B. Good

--------------------
"How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
mrsongman
post Sep 17 2011, 01:38 PM
Post #2

Listening to Elvis

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 80

It is 'just' a Las Vegas show after the Aloha project....However the setlist is enjoyable and profesional and the sound is great.
It also gives me the feeling to be there too......

* Nice guitar solos from James Burton on Johnny B. Goode :-)

--------------------
"There's some girl over there who yelled through the whole song, so honey put some tape over your mouth" # Elvis after singing Blue Christmas (Huntsville ALA Sept. 6th 1976).

+Quote Post
stefan
post Sep 19 2011, 07:42 AM
Post #3

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (mrsongman @ Sep 17 2011, 03:38 PM) *
It is 'just' a Las Vegas show after the Aloha project....However the setlist is enjoyable and profesional and the sound is great.
It also gives me the feeling to be there too......

* Nice guitar solos from James Burton on Johnny B. Goode :-)

Yes Pieter, those solo's on 'Johnny B. Good' from '72 and '73 are pretty good indeed. Sadly, after '73 the space for James and his solo's became lesser and lesser.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although this Vegas season is generally known to be 'boring', and in a certain way it perhaps is, I find it a decent season personally. If you take away the voice problems Elvis was having mid February he performs quite decent shows in much the same manner as August '72, but with perhaps a less 'exciting' set-list. The concert on this cd still remains my favorite of this season though and that's only partly because of the great sound.

--------------------
"How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 01:01 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities