IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topic Start new topic
 A question for Rex....., Do you have the same kind of info for 1972 as you had for 1971??

ben
post Mar 23 2009, 10:37 PM
Post #1

Listening to Elvis

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 548

Hi Rex,

I really enjoyed the info you put for the 1971 shows, mostly the August-September info because of all the jumpsuit info and it helped narrow down a few photos I have from the season.

I was wondering if you had the same kind of info for 1972 (especially August-September season) that you could put up please because I have a lot of footage & photos from that season and would like to narrow down the dates of them and get more info of the shows.

Thank you,

Ben.

--------------------
BR (L) SW 4 LYF

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
REX
post Mar 23 2009, 11:23 PM
Post #2

Platinum Member

Member No.: 21,960

QUOTE (ben @ Mar 23 2009, 10:37 PM) *
...Hi Rex, I really enjoyed the info you put for the 1971 shows, mostly the August-September info because of all the jumpsuit info and it helped narrow down a few photos I have from the season....I was wondering if you had the same kind of info for 1972 (especially August-September season) that you could put up please because I have a lot of footage & photos from that season and would like to narrow down the dates of them and get more info of the shows.....Thank you,....Ben...

Hi Ben

Welllllll, YES I DO...

far more on August Sept 1972, (than 1971) I did almost see half the season, and yes at some point will start a topic with as much info as possible

At the moment the 1969 thread is only about half way, maybe not that much even, I have 4 eyewitness reviews on the Press Conference
so far we have only really covered up to the 1st August, in all those posts, and it will take a few days just to do the Press conference,
before I get to the 2nd August shows onwards. (I did continue Elaine's review from Pre Vegas, to 1st show, to the comments about fans
running up and down the corridors trying to find Elvis, to her general over view of the complete season, because it sort of smoothly
flowed that way. (she has a bit about just after the final show, to add when I get to that place, trying to keep it mostly in date order
Some of the Fans meeting Elvis thru the season has jumped the gun a bit, because I have loads to add about that, stories, multiple orig
pics that will add up to 12 pictures per meeting in some places, with the stories of the meetings.. so a long way to go yet...
Of course you will be reading from the middle of August on EIN with Maria's report, another 9 pages yet to be added.

Some very special unpublished fan reports on the first Week of Vegas, received direct from the international as it happened.
And a good few pages on Song lists Info.

I have more on 1971, will get to it eventually. also the Houston Astro, 2nd March Elvis bit. and still working on Jaycees for EIN thats going to be
huge with all the little extra bits and pieces. Just hang around KCourt sometimes, and watch it all unfold.. Don't forget to Join SPOTIFY to listen
to loads of Music, see the Topic on KCourt, its wonderful, just listen to all the bits I mentioned, and have a search around for yourself ITS FREE.
I keep looking out for your Question ? support for.... "R" (things are moving in the right direction on that......)
NICE TO KNOW YOU ARE STILL ENJOYING THINGS...... SincerELy..... REX

E=mail me a few photos 72 and If I have info will Email back...... Attached File  cat.gif ( 60.36K ) Number of downloads: 2

--------------------

+Quote Post
ben
post Mar 24 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #3

Listening to Elvis

QUOTE (REX @ Mar 23 2009, 11:23 PM) *
Hi Ben

Welllllll, YES I DO...

far more on August Sept 1972, (than 1971) I did almost see half the season, and yes at some point will start a topic with as much info as possible

At the moment the 1969 thread is only about half way, maybe not that much even, I have 4 eyewitness reviews on the Press Conference
so far we have only really covered up to the 1st August, in all those posts, and it will take a few days just to do the Press conference,
before I get to the 2nd August shows onwards. (I did continue Elaine's review from Pre Vegas, to 1st show, to the comments about fans
running up and down the corridors trying to find Elvis, to her general over view of the complete season, because it sort of smoothly
flowed that way. (she has a bit about just after the final show, to add when I get to that place, trying to keep it mostly in date order
Some of the Fans meeting Elvis thru the season has jumped the gun a bit, because I have loads to add about that, stories, multiple orig
pics that will add up to 12 pictures per meeting in some places, with the stories of the meetings.. so a long way to go yet...
Of course you will be reading from the middle of August on EIN with Maria's report, another 9 pages yet to be added.

Some very special unpublished fan reports on the first Week of Vegas, received direct from the international as it happened.
And a good few pages on Song lists Info.

I have more on 1971, will get to it eventually. also the Houston Astro, 2nd March Elvis bit. and still working on Jaycees for EIN thats going to be
huge with all the little extra bits and pieces. Just hang around KCourt sometimes, and watch it all unfold.. Don't forget to Join SPOTIFY to listen
to loads of Music, see the Topic on KCourt, its wonderful, just listen to all the bits I mentioned, and have a search around for yourself ITS FREE.
I keep looking out for your Question ? support for.... "R" (things are moving in the right direction on that......)
NICE TO KNOW YOU ARE STILL ENJOYING THINGS...... SincerELy..... REX

E=mail me a few photos 72 and If I have info will Email back...... Attached File  cat.gif ( 60.36K ) Number of downloads: 2

Thank you for letting me know Rex. I will post about you needing an award for all your hard work wehen I have more time. I've been ill the last few days and couldn't come on the computer much because of it but I've been reading your great posts.

I will send you the photos later on today when I feel a bit better (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
BR (L) SW 4 LYF

+Quote Post
REX
post Mar 24 2009, 02:29 PM
Post #4

Platinum Member

QUOTE (ben @ Mar 24 2009, 01:36 PM) *
Thank you for letting me know Rex. I will post about you needing an award for all your hard work when I have more time. I've been ill the last few days and couldn't come on the computer much because of it but I've been reading your great posts.

I will send you the photos later on today when I feel a bit better (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

an extra message to you Ben in the Post you just answered on 69 Vegas (my post Added #54) dont forget to keep it tidy!! or else...

Hope you pull through OK, and stop dancing with that cat....

--------------------

+Quote Post
ben
post Mar 25 2009, 11:13 PM
Post #5

Listening to Elvis

QUOTE (REX @ Mar 23 2009, 11:23 PM) *
E=mail me a few photos 72 and If I have info will Email back......

HI Rex, I sent you some pictures, let me know if you got them please.

--------------------
BR (L) SW 4 LYF

+Quote Post
REX
post Mar 25 2009, 11:28 PM
Post #6

Platinum Member

QUOTE (ben @ Mar 25 2009, 11:13 PM) *
HI Rex, I sent you some pictures, let me know if you got them please.

Hi Ben
yes got the pics OK, need to spend a few days looking at them, then I'll add comments on each, and wing them back at you

Could kick myself now, I could have got almost 700 colour slides from Aug-Sept 1972 (in Feb 73) when I viewed them all.
don't know what I was thinking, Shucks....... Take care of that eye, all the best,,, REX Attached File  equalizer1.gif ( 11.74K ) Number of downloads: 2

--------------------

+Quote Post
ben
post Mar 26 2009, 02:32 PM
Post #7

Listening to Elvis

QUOTE (REX @ Mar 25 2009, 11:28 PM) *
Hi Ben
yes got the pics OK, need to spend a few days looking at them, then I'll add comments on each, and wing them back at you

Could kick myself now, I could have got almost 700 colour slides from Aug-Sept 1972 (in Feb 73) when I viewed them all.
don't know what I was thinking, Shucks....... Take care of that eye, all the best,,, REX Attached File  equalizer1.gif ( 11.74K ) Number of downloads: 2

Man that sounds like a giant missed opportunity there. I'd have snapped their hands off. But I bet it was different back then when everyone would have thought they had forever to take pictures of him.

Thanks for the help,

Ben.

--------------------
BR (L) SW 4 LYF

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:06 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities