Reply to this topic Start new topic
 Where is everyone

The Batman
post Mar 29 2010, 10:37 PM
Post #1

Aboard N880EP

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 3,686

It seems gone are the times when the no1 top 20 posters where hitting 30 plus posts seems to be lucky not if there are 10. people post and get no replies whats happening to TKC ? it seems to be going down hill harly anyone posts when there are obviously plenty of visits to the sites just looking over the post some are read 100's of times yet they have nothign more than a couple of replies. I remember the time when someone posted a request members lined up to post pix, info or even an opinion, wheres the team ?, whats happening to the radio shows ?, Dont let this end the best forum on the internet

--------------------
"Too the Batmobile let's go !!!!!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
elvislady
post Mar 30 2010, 05:53 AM
Post #2

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 1,456

New people join this forum but never post topics here..i dont understand why they bother...i agree there are only a few of us here who do bother to post..it is the best forum and chris and the team do a great job!

elvislady (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------
Welcome To My World

http://uk.youtube.com/user/elvislady please check out my youtube channel!

Elvis Forever
Elvislady
R.I.P. Rex You Will Be Very Sadly Missed.

I am loving my gold award... thank you T.K.C.

R.I.P. Rex...You, Will, Be Very Much Missed!

+Quote Post
The Batman
post Mar 30 2010, 10:37 AM
Post #3

Aboard N880EP

this post already has 22 views yet only 1 reply

--------------------

+Quote Post
colonel snow
post Mar 30 2010, 11:07 AM
Post #4

Platinum Member

Member No.: 482

Some "oldies" has left this forum for their own reasons; some new come. In this way it always will go.

colonel snow

--------------------

+Quote Post
C.C.Rider
post Mar 30 2010, 12:25 PM
Post #5

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 66

Havent been on for a couple of days due to business. Sometimes i just don't have the time. I have noticed the same though Neil. I don't know what has happened to many of the boards posters. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Where is FC ? Mags, Kiss me quick, Pacer and Pacer1965, Gordon to name just a few. Maybe they are no longer interested in Elvis, or the board (IMG:style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif)

--------------------
Regards Shaun

Bruce Springsteen
He was as big as the whole country itself, as big as the whole dream. He just embodied the essence of it and he was in mortal combat with the thing. Nothing will ever take the place of that guy.

+Quote Post
Mags
post Mar 30 2010, 05:23 PM
Post #6

At The Gates Of Graceland

Member No.: 2,036

Shaun, just because someone doesn't post as often or not at all doesn't mean they have lost interest in Elvis. What a crazy thing to think. I know hundreds of Elvis fans that wouldn't dream of posting on websites and forums. Elvis is part of my job so there is no chance of losing interest but I also have other things going on in my life, other interest, family, work.....well thats my reason. Lets see if anyone else responds.

--------------------

+Quote Post
curtis simpkins
post Mar 30 2010, 05:34 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 21,923

Hi Shaun
Curtis here, i am still hear with you guys, I have been busy remastering my Elvis vinyl lp collection.
but i still come here to check things out to take a time out..

--------------------
I just love my Elvis Presley vinyls Lps.......

And still injoy Johnny Cash's music but his early Muisc from 1955-1988

+Quote Post
The Batman
post Mar 30 2010, 05:57 PM
Post #8

Aboard N880EP

this post wasnt aimed at anyone in particular it was aimed at all the member Mags you are right people do have other comitments for the most the problem is when you see a post with well over 100 views and 2 or 3 replies along with chris I have seen ups and downs on this forum but I dont ever remember it being this bad, when you see the highest poster of the day with 6 posts I have seen it when thats been above 50. Lots of the original team have gone now but the new team should be pushing ahead to try and make newer posts or even reacting soem of the older ones so that people continue to post. I just think it would be a shame to see this site dwindle into non excistance because many of the members realise there is nothing free for them to download like some of the others do, because lets face it that is all some members are here for and on other sites

--------------------

+Quote Post
C.C.Rider
post Mar 30 2010, 06:38 PM
Post #9

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

QUOTE (Mags @ Mar 30 2010, 06:23 PM) *
Shaun, just because someone doesn't post as often or not at all doesn't mean they have lost interest in Elvis. What a crazy thing to think. I know hundreds of Elvis fans that wouldn't dream of posting on websites and forums. Elvis is part of my job so there is no chance of losing interest but I also have other things going on in my life, other interest, family, work.....well thats my reason. Lets see if anyone else responds.

Hold your Horses there Mags. I am sure that i posted "Maybe" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking0001.gif)

Besides which, SOME people do lose interest. No call for getting your knickers in a twist (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

--------------------
Regards Shaun

Bruce Springsteen
He was as big as the whole country itself, as big as the whole dream. He just embodied the essence of it and he was in mortal combat with the thing. Nothing will ever take the place of that guy.

+Quote Post
Mags
post Mar 30 2010, 06:55 PM
Post #10

Yes Shaun I see you said 'Maybe', but I still think it's crazy to think that. I know people that have lost interest in forums, or stopped reading fan magazines but I don't know anyone that has 'gone off' Elvis. There is nothin crazier than the old Elvis world. Oh and I wasn't aware that my knickers were in a twist, maybe I should have posted some of these (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rubberface.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rubberface.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rubberface.gif) The only reason I answered this post is because my name was mentioned.

--------------------

+Quote Post
REX
post Mar 30 2010, 07:00 PM
Post #11

Platinum Member

Member No.: 21,960

QUOTE (The Batman @ Mar 30 2010, 06:57 PM) *
this post wasnt aimed at anyone in particular it was aimed at all the member Mags you are right people do have other comitments for the most the problem is when you see a post with well over 100 views and 2 or 3 replies along with chris I have seen ups and downs on this forum but I dont ever remember it being this bad, when you see the highest poster of the day with 6 posts I have seen it when thats been above 50. Lots of the original team have gone now but the new team should be pushing ahead to try and make newer posts or even reacting soem of the older ones so that people continue to post. I just think it would be a shame to see this site dwindle into non excistance because many of the members realise there is nothing free for them to download like some of the others do, because lets face it that is all some members are here for and on other sites

Hi Neil
Ahhhhh the Statistics!!!

I see you are just over 1 post every 3 days, since joining... but of course you had several spells away from the forum...
But what does that mean... ? since you Returned your average is much higher than that...
(Loving watching your Jumpsuits going from plain fabric to being Emblazoned with all that Glittery Stuff!!!)

A recent member said in leaving... he was tired of reading the same re-hashed topics.. and then signaled out my WAY OUT DIFFERENT Topics
as being One or Two steps too far... (so what had he been looking for ????) I really have no idea...
and to use Me as an excuse to leave, in a topic that the first 13 posts had nothing to do with me is a bit rich....
(not an open forum topic since it was in the Jungle Room)

This site is promoted as the Friendly Elvis Forum.... does this stifle "Interaction" of Views?
Due to everyone not wanting to rock the boat.. and go the way of other Forums?

OK a snapshot of 16 months ago... (just before I joined) A topic in the Jungle Room, commented on how quiet it was on the forum...
and the hope that things would improve in the New Year (2009)... I think this forum is now more vibrant than then....

When I first arrived.. I sort of wondered in my first posts... if I have anything interesting to talk about and will anyone be that interested...
It took me personally a good few months to settle into what I wanted to do on TKC... It also took a while to discover how Posting worked
- I'd never added a link before, I'd never pasted Text into a Forum... at first I had no idea how to position Images in my posts.........

Some of my files wouldn't be accepted... and I had to ask Chris why this was so... Images had memory restrictions (now sorted out)

For a new Member... just joining, the first posts can be frightening in not knowing the reaction you will get..

I don't blame any new member for coming to the forum to use the topics as a library... you have to remember they have all probably had
bad experiences on other forums... why would they think this forum different to the others? Joining in must be daunting to many....

I'm happy that they come and View each day... even at 4am in the morning Guests are busy getting ELVIS FIXS of info on TKC....
even though they are restricted in some of the sections about what they can see.

I VOTE WE ANNOUNCE THE WHOLE FORUM CAN BE SEEN BY EVERYONE.. ALL VISITORS ALL AREAS, ALL ACCESS for 2 weeks..
TO SHOW THEM WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN MISSING... ALL THE IMAGES THEY CAN'T SEE... SORT OF AN AMNESTY...
A TWO WEEK SAMPLE OF WHAT ITS LIKE TO LIVE ON THE FORUM AS A MEMBER....

(It needs a TOPIC informing them this is a limited period offer "STICK IT IN PLACE ON THE ALL ELVIS FORUM")

I said last year... they should be invited to tell us about themselves.. even knocked up a Questionaire... I still think this needs doing....

Oh 2 days ago I had 42 posts in the 24 hours... my average is 9.90+ a day.. the last 6 months, the average is nearer 14-15 per day.

Most of my recent topics have had less views, but thats because they have been 1960s Era ones, and hardly any 1970s ones.

This is just my own personal experience on ELVIS TKC.... and not a reflection on or against any Individual Member...
and Neil - thanks for the topic.. (sorry for Kidding with you a little!!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
C.C.Rider
post Mar 30 2010, 07:47 PM
Post #12

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

QUOTE (Mags @ Mar 30 2010, 07:55 PM) *
Yes Shaun I see you said 'Maybe', but I still think it's crazy to think that. I know people that have lost interest in forums, or stopped reading fan magazines but I don't know anyone that has 'gone off' Elvis. There is nothin crazier than the old Elvis world. Oh and I wasn't aware that my knickers were in a twist, maybe I should have posted some of these (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rubberface.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rubberface.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rubberface.gif) The only reason I answered this post is because my name was mentioned.

Well i apologize for using your name. It won't happen again. Didn't think i would get that reaction. I know better now, thank you.

(btw, i know of at least 3 people personally who have lost interest in Elvis. I know of many more, including some right on this very forum who have lost their passion for Elvis and even more so the Elvis world online. Wonder why that would be (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) )

--------------------
Regards Shaun

Bruce Springsteen

+Quote Post
Mags
post Mar 30 2010, 08:00 PM
Post #13

Shaun, I have re read my post 3 times now and I can't see what the problem is. You asked a question, in it you wondered where certain people were, I was one of them, I replied telling you and adding my opinion.....then you say I have my knickers in a twist to which I replied again. ???? What reaction are you getting from me ??? I really don't understand.

--------------------

+Quote Post
68Comeback
post Mar 30 2010, 08:04 PM
Post #14

Listening to Elvis

Member No.: 22,586

I think fan forums across the whole spectrum rather than just this one have seen a major down turn in activity recently and so it is unfair to highlight just this one site.I am a new member here but have been an avid reader for a long time,however i was a member on another small forum since its creation and tried to stay loyal to posting all my thoughts and articles to that one forum rather than writing for many.Unfortunately as Batman pointed out trying to get people to actually post is very difficult and no matter what i posted on any topic to try to get some input it always failed up till i finally gave up around Christmas time,we had an average of 7 people logging in,of these 4 mere admin!!!,one person just copied and pasted a well known news site and not much input from anyone else.It can be depressing to try and post fresh new ideas or re examine old topics often discussed but still fun to revive now and again and not getting much interest in return but you have to keep trying,believe me the replies to topics i read here are way much better than i am used to.In my opinion there are three main fan forums on the net now,this is one,one is full of people who believe they are the worlds best expert on everything Elvis and are more than happy to blow away anyone daring to question that and the other one covers some of the most strangest of Elvis topics i have read (one was what brand of under wear did Elvis wear and did he wear them on stage).I chose to join this one as there is a wide range of articles to read and still a good core of writers who put effort in to reply and add views to topics and also try and create new subjects we can discuss.

Rex if believe rather than having a few weeks of full access to the site make it more clear that the more effort you put into the site ie posting then the more you will get out of it,explain the posting targets and what will be open to you when you get there.But in the end no fancy whistles or bells will make people post,that is down to the members and a small part of effort.We are lucky in the Elvis world than on a nearly daily basis we have something to discuss whether it be BMG/FTD,bootlegs,DVD's,books or people in the Elvis world.

+Quote Post
The Batman
post Mar 30 2010, 08:18 PM
Post #15

Aboard N880EP

What you say is very true Rex I was a founding member on this forum with chris Kenny Gordon and many others I posted frantically every single day and watched over this forum like it was my own with chris. I had reasons for leaving when i did the older members will remember what went on I felt that I could no longer go on with the forum to a point where I actually gave my collection away to other Elvis fans that I knew and believe me it was no small collection, I visited back here from time to time more to see how my friends where rather than a main poster months ago I desided I had a long enough break from Elvis and the forum and came back. When we had the legend and Chris first site it was plainly obvious that members left in their droves when the downloads where stopped the people that where left where great members they all wanted to add somethign to just about the best forum on the internet. The jumpsuits where a kinda way of me easing back into posting on TKC and giving members somethign new to comment on or just pass an opinion. I dont play games on any forum including facebook as my facebook friends will know. and true I dont post every day sometimes its been atleast a week between posts, and all I can say to that is there is nothing to post against as there are no new posts. The job you do is great although I thought that if you made one post rather 2 dozen on the same thin would reduce the amount of posts you have but then on realising because you post so much information and many pix it would be impossible to do so (you posts are great BTW so dont stop) IMO if people join a forum then they should be willing to post something because I thought forum meant a kinda open discussion but I do understand sometimes it takes people time to settle in and get a feel for things, TKC has always been very friendly and prides itself on such so members dont need to feel that they might ask a question that could be deemed silly, many forums have laughed and ridiculed them so they leave TKC has never done that many members where more than happy to answer any sort of question that was asked. Going back to my original question where is everyone ? this was meant its all quiet over here.

"I VOTE WE ANNOUNCE THE WHOLE FORUM CAN BE SEEN BY EVERYONE.. ALL VISITORS ALL AREAS, ALL ACCESS for 2 weeks..
TO SHOW THEM WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN MISSING... ALL THE IMAGES THEY CAN'T SEE... SORT OF AN AMNESTY...
A TWO WEEK SAMPLE OF WHAT ITS LIKE TO LIVE ON THE FORUM AS A MEMBER...."

This I do not agree with because there are many people that would just take and run as we have found in the past

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Mar 30 2010, 08:25 PM
Post #16

Platinum Member

Member No.: 6

Shaun, I appreciate you mentioned my name...that means you still remember me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

We all have our reasons for not being on so often.

I can speak for myself..I have not lost interest in Elvis or TKC ... it is the only forum I visit every now and then.

I have simply become disinterested in reading ANYTHING on a pc lately, simply because my job(s) entail long hours of looking at text or figures on a pc, and also I do not have the kind of spare time I had when I was still a student. The only thing I do lately at home on a pc is click a few things on Farmville...stupid really, but it's not text or figures.

I would find some time and will during weekends, but I am usually at my flat, where the is no internet at the moment. Hopefully, i will be able to visit and contribute more when I get this sorted.

I agreed with Chris to be removed from the team for these reasons.

Hopefully, come May you will see me a bit more often. Having 'lost' a place in the team has effected me...still haven't completely come to terms with it (yes Chris). I feel there is something missing, like when you lose contact with someone close to you, or you lose something important. So I would hate to see TKC die off altogether, which I am sure by will of Chris Jules and the rest of the team will not happen.

(PS: Sorry for the rant....I can still type at length lol)

--------------------
I'd rather go on hearing your lies....than smell your armpits son
Atlanta - December 30th 1976

+Quote Post
68Comeback
post Mar 30 2010, 08:36 PM
Post #17

Listening to Elvis

Member No.: 22,586

You cant blame the lack of downloads solely on people not posting here.Sure years ago when it became popular fans were swarming all over forums trying to get free music but these days it has calmed down a lot and most people know where to go to get this kind of stuff and the Blog sites is probably the most popular at the moment.But these sites are just for downloading and nothing more,there is no where to post anything except a small comments box to say thanks.Believe me hosting downloads can make the site between the devil and the deep blue sea,the site i was admin on hosted downloads and 95% of all members just logged on downloaded and left!!!!,no posting no input and most times not even a thanks for the download.
To me when you join a site like TKC you know what you are getting and that is a fan forum for the fans to discuss,debate and share the knowledge.

+Quote Post
REX
post Mar 30 2010, 08:56 PM
Post #18

Platinum Member

QUOTE (Gordon @ Mar 30 2010, 09:25 PM) *
Shaun, I appreciate you mentioned my name...that means you still remember me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

We all have our reasons for not being on so often.

I can speak for myself..I have not lost interest in Elvis or TKC ... it is the only forum I visit every now and then.

I have simply become disinterested in reading ANYTHING on a pc lately, simply because my job(s) entail long hours of looking at text or figures on a pc, and also I do not have the kind of spare time I had when I was still a student. The only thing I do lately at home on a pc is click a few things on Farmville...stupid really, but it's not text or figures.

I would find some time and will during weekends, but I am usually at my flat, where the is no internet at the moment. Hopefully, i will be able to visit and contribute more when I get this sorted.

I agreed with Chris to be removed from the team for these reasons.

Hopefully, come May you will see me a bit more often. Having 'lost' a place in the team has effected me...still haven't completely come to terms with it (yes Chris). I feel there is something missing, like when you lose contact with someone close to you, or you lose something important. So I would hate to see TKC die off altogether, which I am sure by will of Chris Jules and the rest of the team will not happen.

(PS: Sorry for the rant....I can still type at length lol)

Ha ~ ahhh... GORDON...
so little chances to interact with you....
thought of you today also.... WHY?

Well I had to look back at ALBERT HANDS MEETING WITH ELVIS on the set of KID GALAHAD in '62..... its a long article, and he relays a long talk with Elvis on the set....

So... I'd forgotten that Albert said to Elvis... Do you know that the Malta Fans (as an average number of fans to population) are the most Active of all the Elvis fans in Europe!!... and Elvis said... thats a little island in the Mediterranean isn't it....?

Of course I knew that anyway, from 2 visits in the 1960s and the great little collection of Maltese Elvis Newsheets...

Hey! thats great news if you can find some time to get back to adding to your 5400+ posts...

will be looking forward to that for sure.... SincerELy..... REX

--------------------

+Quote Post
MauricePColgan
post Mar 30 2010, 09:32 PM
Post #19

Almost In Memphis

Member No.: 22,273

My wife Maureen is in Hospital so I am busy twice a day travelling to visit her.
Nevertheless I look in and read a lot of te threads here.

I'm busy proposing a Josef Locke Festival for Derry city and was Talking on BBC Foyle radio this evening discussing the possibility. The Elvis Festival in Tupelo was brought up by the radio show presenter, so even when I'm away from Elvis, I'm still with him. :-)

This is a fine Forum and very enjoyable. Other Forums are very quiet too. I read most of them on a daily basis even when busy on Beethoven, Kate Bush and Irish forums.

We can all make a special effort to post more just to liven the place up in thanks to Chris and all the other moderators providing their services on this fine venue.

REX deserves special credit for his outstanding amount of very interesting threads.

--------------------
"Aint nobody like Elvis. Never was." Johnny Cash Autobiography.

http://irelandtoo.blogspot.com

+Quote Post
REX
post Mar 30 2010, 09:32 PM
Post #20

Platinum Member

QUOTE (The Batman @ Mar 30 2010, 09:18 PM) *
What you say is very true Rex I was a founding member on this forum with chris Kenny Gordon and many others

Neil I thankyou for being part of the Elvis team that got this forum underway and travelling in my direction a few years later!

I posted frantically every single day and watched over this forum like it was my own with chris.

You know as age creeps up and away from me... I wonder how much time I have left to post what I do.. will I run out of time Sharing Elvis Info before I get to every topic I'd like to do.?

I had reasons for leaving when i did the older members will remember what went on I felt that I could no longer go on with the forum to a point where I actually gave my collection away to other Elvis fans that I knew and believe me it was no small collection, I visited back here from time to time more to see how my friends where rather than a main poster months ago I desided I had a long enough break from Elvis and the forum and came back.

Well I'm glad you did, and your current project and our being able to watch its progress... is very enjoyable to look at...
So some fans copy our topics! Thats been going on for years... everything I ever traded and sold is out in the Elvis world still being traded and sold..
thats Elvis human nature... you either hang onto it, or share it.. Most images I use are somebody elses... the fact I might Upload them in nicer quality than you might find them on other forums.. isn't a problem to me... I control how they are used.. and if they will go in the ELVIS TKC GALLERY .. or in one of my Private files.. I design my topics so that mostly they don't need many reply's - and mostly I'm happy with the amount of Views they get.

When we had the legend and Chris first site it was plainly obvious that members left in their droves when the downloads where stopped the people that where left where great members they all wanted to add somethign to just about the best forum on the internet.

I think its hard for Elvis fans to buy everything offered through a year.. its darn expensive... I'm sure fans that use the download method, are also buying the new Multi Box with Book Entertainment packages... and spending as much as they can... Elvis fans have always been collectors... unlike most of the modern day music collectors, that don't care about a nice bright shinny CD - DVD in ones hands

The jumpsuits where a kinda way of me easing back into posting on TKC and giving members somethign new to comment on or just pass an opinion. I dont play games on any forum including facebook as my facebook friends will know. and true I dont post every day sometimes its been atleast a week between posts, and all I can say to that is there is nothing to post against as there are no new posts.

The job you do is great although I thought that if you made one post rather 2 dozen on the same thing would reduce the amount of posts you have but then on realising because you post so much information and many pix it would be impossible to do so (you posts are great BTW so dont stop)

When you post a lot of information... its no good putting great blocks of it together... IF YOU NEED IT TO BE STOPPED ON AND READ.... thats why I adopted the more Magazine style of posting, and source as many images as possible to go with the Text... for one thing its more readable.

Even if posting an ELVIS NEWS ITEMS... I will take the time to capture the Logo of the source (VARIETY, MEMPHIS COMMERCIAL APPEAL, BILLBOARD, NEW YORK TIME etc etc...) and mostly I hate Links, with nothing about what you are going to see.. I would rather cut paste and copy the info into the news item.

IMO if people join a forum then they should be willing to post something because I thought forum meant a kinda open discussion but I do understand sometimes it takes people time to settle in and get a feel for things, TKC has always been very friendly and prides itself on such so members dont need to feel that they might ask a question that could be deemed silly, many forums have laughed and ridiculed them so they leave TKC has never done that many members where more than happy to answer any sort of question that was asked. Going back to my original question where is everyone ? this was meant its all quiet over here.

For me the quiet has been an advantage.... if I had tried to post topics as I have on TKC, I don't think other forums would have allowed me this much freedom... It wasn't so busy that I would be blasted out.. and it had just enough Elvis Fans viewing to make it worthwhile.. Like Chris recently said I'm happy with it as it is now!

"I VOTE WE ANNOUNCE THE WHOLE FORUM CAN BE SEEN BY EVERYONE.. ALL VISITORS ALL AREAS, ALL ACCESS for 2 weeks..
A TWO WEEK SAMPLE OF WHAT ITS LIKE TO LIVE ON THE FORUM AS A MEMBER...."

Of course it doesn't have to be 2 weeks.... I'd be happy with 48 hours even... not all Visitor, Guests and Members that never post are Bad People, and I don't think we should victimize these Elvis fans. It would be nice to give it a try out I feel.. its just to make a statement... THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE THE FULL WORKS .....then close it up, and if they want to Join in fully "Fine" just how I feel -its a friendly thing..... REX

This I do not agree with because there are many people that would just take and run as we have found in the past

--------------------

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th September 2024 - 07:23 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities