Reply to this topic Start new topic
 Tiger Man- An Anthology Volume 7

Steve
post Jun 29 2007, 08:47 AM
Post #1

Platinum Member

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 7

Here is volume 7 in the "An Alternate Anthology" series. Volume 7 contains 26 tracks including alternate recordings from the 50's, 60's and 70's. "As always this compilation contains some hard to find tracks and of course we offer a nice compilation for listening pleasure" according to the information available.

(IMG:http://www.elvisnews.com/images/misc/cd_tigerrman7_complete.jpg)

track listing:

1. Blueberry Hill (alternate take 1 & 4) / 2. Have I Told You Lately That I Love You (alternate take 14) 3. King Of The Whole Wide World (alternate take 7 & 8) 4. Mama (original extended master) 5. She's A Machine (undubbed master) / 6. If I Can Dream (vocal overdub, false start take 1 - soundtrack session take 4) / 7. Don't Cry Daddy (alternate mix) / 8. My Little Friend (original album master for "Almost In Love") / 9. After Loving You (alternate mix) / 10. Without Love (alternate mix) / 11. Change Of Habit (undubbed alternate master) / 12. Let Us Pray (alternate master) / 13. What'd I Say (live version) / 14. That's All Right (live version) / 15. Snowbird (undubbed master) / 16. Blue Suede Shoes (live version) / 17. I'm Leavin' (unedited undubbed master) / 18. He Is My Everything (unedited undubbed master) / 19. There Is No God But God (unedited undubbed master) / 20. The First Time Ever Is Saw Your Face / 21. What Now My Love (live, original mix) / 22. I Got A Thing About You Baby (remixed version for "This Is Elvis") / 23. Promised Land (unedited take 5) / 24. Fever (live version / August 30, 1974)*** / 25. If You Love Me (Let Me Know) (June 2, 1975)*** / 26. Portrait Of My Love (informal recording)

***new source/much better sound.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
colonel snow
post Jun 29 2007, 11:47 AM
Post #2

Platinum Member

Member No.: 482

like the previous releases all taken from circulating versions.

colonel snow

--------------------

+Quote Post
LittleDarlin
post Jun 29 2007, 03:16 PM
Post #3

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 419

QUOTE (colonel snow @ Jun 29 2007, 12:47 PM) *
like the previous releases all taken from circulating versions.
colonel snow

Yes you are right Henk. I wonder if the Change of Habit songs are from Vinyl?...the Change of Habit Sessions maybe?

+Quote Post
hounddogman
post Jun 29 2007, 09:32 PM
Post #4

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 4

Another one? What's the point? (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

--------------------

"I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive..."

+Quote Post
colonel snow
post Jun 30 2007, 12:03 PM
Post #5

Platinum Member

Change of habit>> the master is not overdubbed; there excists no alternate master.
perhaps they used the mono version from LP Memphis Tennessee and /or other source.

Let us pray>> the master take recorded 6 march 1969 was not used (meanwhile released on boxset Tomorrow today and forever)
the regular version (Double features/you'll never walk alone etc) was recorded 26-09-69 through removing Elvis' vocal from 6 march 1969 track and re-recording Elvis' vocal part to this track.

there even excists a third version with a different overdub from backing vocals and was released for the first time on Lp Memphis Tennessee.

I expect the first version on this CD.

colonel snow

--------------------

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Jun 30 2007, 04:27 PM
Post #6

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

They release them i suppose, because many fans don't have all the old releases that these songs were on. So in that respect, i guess they are pretty cool.....although, not high on my wants list (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

+Quote Post
colonel snow
post Jul 1 2007, 08:56 AM
Post #7

Platinum Member

I agree with you Chris that collecting compilations is good when you don't have the original CD/LP but when you collect too much compilations you never get the recordings complete.
in my opinion you must collect the CD's where all these tracks are ripped off, but that's easy to say.

colonel snow

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th September 2024 - 09:48 PM
Hosted By: ElviCities